[CLOSED] Ready Layer One presents "Flex-A-Tech" NEAR Hackathons

Hello,

We propose starting a new kind of regular hackathon presented by Ready Layer One & NEAR. The goal is not to have generic hackathons but to highlight great ecosystem tools from the community and Pagoda. These hackathons will be judged by RLO, representatives of NEAR, community vote, and Tech owner (if applicable).

Our first one, which this funding is for, is based on KeyPom (GitHub - keypom/keypom). Each “Flex-A-Tech” lasts 3-4 weeks and is heavily focused on social interactions. Our funding request is for 10K USD to support the costs of running, promotion, and prizes.

We have 3 main categories of prizes (7250 USD):
Best use (coded, working):

• 1st - $3000
  • 2nd - $1500
  • 3rd - $1000
  • 4th - $500

Best use non-coded (presentation, slide deck, or mockups):

• $500

Best woman-led use (if not in the top 3):

• $750

Total breakdown of costs:
Prizes: $7250
Content creation (Hosting, digital flyers, videos, audio):$2000
Promotions: $750

Our plan to promote is broken down week by week:

Pre-Competition Social

• 5 days before - Teaser post with projects logo “competition starts in 5 days”
  • 4 days before - Kickoff post for Flex-a-tech competition, talk goals and prizes
  • 3 days before - overview of Tech Project (maybe like a zoom with creators to talk about their projects.
  • 2 days before - Call out to projects to enter and clarify the rules
  • 1 day before - Twitter spaces kicking off competition with the “Tech being Flexed” owners and a post (Hosted by RLO on NEAR’s Twitter)

First couple weeks of completion

• Day 1 - Post with a list of projects competing (could be a cool NEAR collab post)
  • Day 2 - RLO Twitter spaces with 2-3 projects
  • Day 4 - RLO Twitter spaces with 2-3 projects
  • Day 7- Twitter spaces weekly round-up (all projects hosted from NEAR twitter spaces)

End of the first 2 weeks

• Setup AstroDAO poll (“Flexing that tech”) to get community votes on the projects as well

Last week of competition

• Presentations
    • Possibly Illia or other Pagoda employees can give feedback
  • Wrap-up Podcast (Video) with demos and competitors
  • Spaces to check-in
  • Announce winners and next Flex-a-Tech dates

All spaces recorded and shared with NEARWEEK. RLO weekly news shows will highlight this as well. Also the top presentations we will highlight on our various social outlets (Twitter, YouTube, TikTok)

If this goes well the plan is to do these regularly to highlight building on top of different tech in the ecosystem of NEAR. We have a list of ideas for the next few already.

DAO: ready-layer-one.sputnik-dao.near
Wallet: readylayerone.near - Owned by Jared & Joe

12 Likes

Brilliant proposal, and something that is well needed IMO.

The team behind it is very well equipped to see this achieve success.

I’ll personally commit to supporting this from an NF standpoint to the fullest extent that I can. Let’s do Spaces, social pushes, and everything we can to get this off the ground.

:partying_face:

5 Likes

Hello guys. Thank you for your proposal. Could you please share a report ? Thanks

2 Likes

Hey Dacha!

I have put a progress report up and we are set to launch in December

Thanks!

1 Like

Would love to join this!

Would this only apply to new projects or can it be an integration to an existing one?

2 Likes

Thanks! Any project can participate, new or existing as long as it is a new feature using Keypom for this first “Flex a tech”

3 Likes

Hi @joe-rlo thanks for your proposal and your understanding during the pause in funding.

The DAO is now actively working to clear the backlog of proposals.

I see that you have adjusted your proposal, but before i can support it would be useful if you could complete this form .

To assist you please take a look at the new Marketing DAO proposal funding guidelines .

1 Like

Hello!

We have completed that form as well.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you! Happy to support!

It would be great to invite to the judging team @nearmax @frol @zavodil @evgenykuzyakov @Serhii

Unfortunately, we’re not able to fund events at this time.

While it’s an outstanding initiative, our hands are tied until we’re able to set clear lines in terms of event-based projects we can support. We’ve passed your proposal onto the events team. Trying to support this through the pipeline from there.

3 Likes

Hi @joe-rlo we recognise the good work you are doing but the Marketing DAO is currently unable to fund event based proposals.

i suugest you contact @yadira and the Events team - i am sure they would be happy to discuss your plans.

Excellent initiative!

This proposal has now been referred to the Event team at NF for follow up.

Thank you Marketing DAO for the consideration and appreciate the continued support.

Cheers!