[APPROVED] Publishing houses into NFTs - use case for future onboarding (Mintbase)

tags: book NFTpublishing DAOresearch cicatriciebaci publishinghouse narrative

Publishing house and Narrandom (Narrative + Random) Project

active collaborators for the proposal: Francesca Fretti, Barbara Tosti
(mormostrix.near barbaratosti.near)
wallet that will manage the collective foud: cosmia.near

This project is about the creation of a small publishing house for both digital (especially) and printed books, written by women, mainly in italian and english but not excluding other languages, this because being based in the italian part of Switzerland.
This project is developed in agreement with the values of a big Italian project called L’UNA, made by women for women supporting each other in the process of creating ethical and ecological social businesses. Some of these values are: awareness of the creative strength of women, cooperation, circularity, belonging and gratitude.
We are opening an association to run the publishing house, it will be a female team, working in harmony and comfort (hygge), a sisterhood.
Within a circular interchange we create a service for L’UNA and we benefit of her concrete support (formation, accounting, logistic, distribution, marketing…).

Digital books: we would like to expand the digital publishing into NFT through the platform Mintbase on NEAR that allow us to taylor it to different use cases, moreover we think this is the future and DAO organizations perfectly reflect our defined/constantly redefining identity and allow to build over validated relationship - entering the NFT spaces is a way to rebuild our world making creative and free decisions, and after this step we can be an example, and of help, for future publishing houses onboarding.

Narrandom Project: we want to keep the narration unended and potentially evolving in every direction. When an author joins the project, she gives her text as inspiration for other artists producing metatext contributions. The author can give the entire text or only some parts, possibly with an English translation. These collabs will give new tokenable pieces as picture, video, songs…

STEPS

1- BUILD THE BASE

definitely name project, create the association and the statute, draft idea for DAO, onboarding collaborators (we think 7 as founder group)
→ first relaese throug posts and press release
→ estimate deadline: june 2021
→ 50 NEAR

2- BUILD THE FLOORs

getting into details for the DAO implementation, mapping options for the hybrid publication phisical/digital and through NFTs and set up a budget
→ second release throug posts and press release
→ estimate deadline: august 2021
→ 50 NEAR

3- BUILD THE DECK

TESTING PUBLISHING PROCESS WITH OVERWIEW AND FIX ANITHING THAT NEEDS:
->Publish on Mintbase on NEAR the novel L’ossimoro sorridente by Francesca Fretti (book + multimedia contents)
->Publish on Mintbase on NEAR the collaborative book generated by the project #cicatriciebaci #scarkisses (33 people = 33 stories + 33 images = 33 NFT) (this is already mentioned in a previous proposal by barbara.near and abot that I am preparing for some accomplishment sharing)

→ second release throug posts and press release
→ estimate deadline: october 2021
→ 50 NEAR

4 → WE BUILT THE PUBLISHING HOUSE + (NFT WAY OF LIFE)

Project benefits:

We hope that our adventure and investigation will be of future help on the NEAR community, and we will be happy to consider any collaboration since the beginning, in fact we can use the NEAR received in step 1 to pay specific technical support that will be needed in step 2 and so on.
(example of support needed that we want to pay: rewiewing documents, help with translation, research of specific solutions, special software skills, DAO experience)

This project is an experiment on NFTs use case, since is a collaborative project, we will need to go through governance experiments and became an amazing tool for onboarding writers and other small puhing houses into NFT

we will add in comments all the material we are preparing those days to give more details on the project, also we are waiting for the confirm of some people in crypto to join the team and off crypto people to give us shareable links and infos

THANKS !

6 Likes

Hi, I want to let you know that from the m today we are working on :

• presentation letter
  • slide presentation
  • statute
  • getting started with a concours for LOGO and Graphics that will mint all submissions on NEAR Mintbase
  • schedule talks about the project on female groups
    … For now we are just two people working on that so a bit of patience with timing but we are happy at work
3 Likes

I really like this idea and will be on this as soon as you’re minting whole poems, essays, short stories, whatever form of writing makes it onto these NFTs! There’s also some space here for collaboration with visual artists on the look of the NFT itself - I’m thinking of the poets on Instagram who have gorgeous visuals accompanying their text as an example.

The Narrandom Project sounds fascinating as well, and you may want to build a translation budget into your overall proposal budget for part-time translators (English to Italian, Italian to English) so each contribution appears in both languages for writers to pick up on whichever text is in the language they personally create in. This would really lower barriers to participation and hopefully support the inter-connectivity of the project’s never-ending narration.

Looking forward to seeing where this proposal goes - good luck!

4 Likes

really like this proposal! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Hi @BarbaraTosti your project is approved with the phases and budget you outlined.

Not only the idea is great, exploring new use cases, implementing DAOs and engaging a community, but your proposal is also well organized and clearly written.

As soon as you have step 1 completed, please post a comment here with links for the proposed deliverables (posts, press release, etc…) so we can look and give you the green light for the first payout submission.

Looking forward!

3 Likes

we would be honoured to have you in, I started to build a list to keep connection (from every social to the list helps me) so if you want I write you in, in wich social can we reach you directly?

is a super idea to connect with translators here, for now we planned it IRL but still in developing the details so I will add your suggestion

thanks <3

1 Like

thanks Lenara to help me follow this steps, your reminder are very helpful to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just want to share some thoughts about the things we need to define, so maybe anyone can help me with suggestions, links to existing data or researcher or other proposal that are going ths direction and we can support each other :slight_smile:

1 Like

If there are any Italian speaker here and interesting in the publishing house topic I would like to connect :slight_smile:

update on my proposal!!!
Today we are sending out the invitation to be part o COSMIA NFT/PUBLISHING HOUSE project to trusted people, I would like to share it also here with you, any kind of interest, condivisione and support is welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: DRAFT LETTER INVITE/Presentation - HackMD (forgot to cancel the word draft in the title but the rest is updated) we hope it will be an interesting experiment/experience for all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and really happy for the people I am meeting through Createbase :v:t2:

2 Likes

Tuesday I am going to have a pair of presentation about an upcoming book of the project #cicatriciebaci #scarkisses that will be published through COSMIA, in Italian and in english, if anyone want to join :slight_smile:

#CICATRICIEBACI - IL LIBRO - presentazione progetto, domande e risposte
Martedì, 15 giugno · 11:00AM – 12:00PM
Informazioni per partecipare di Google Meet
Link alla videochiamata: https://meet.google.com/gkw-feqk-wjy ————————————————————————
Dal progetto fotografico #cicatriciebaci nasce un
primo libro, con esso si apre un nuovo canale
espressivo attraverso la scrittura. Grazie alla
collaborazione con la nascente casa editrice Cosmia
e le nuove prospettive aperte dal digitale stiamo
entrando nel concetto della “narrazione continua”.

In questo primo incontro, dedicato principalmente a
chi ha partecipato al progetto www.cicatriciebaci.
com vi spiego come partecipare con i vostri scritti e
rispondo alle vostre domande.

L’incontro è aperto a tutti gli interessati poiché
seguiranno ulteriori approfondimenti.

#SCARKISSES - THE BOOK - project presentation & ask me anything
Martedì, 15 giugno · 7:00 – 8:00PM
Informazioni per partecipare di Google Meet
Link alla videochiamata: https://meet.google.com/pcv-drsh-pir ———————————————————————-
From the photographic project #cicatriciebaci a first
book is born, with it a new expressive channel is
opened through writing. Thanks to the collaboration
with the nascent publishing house Cosmia and the
new perspectives opened by digital, we are entering
the concept of “neverending narrative”.

In this first meeting, mainly dedicated to those who
have participated in the www.cicatriciebaci.com
project, I will explain how to participate with your
writings and answer your questions.

The meeting is open to all interested parties as
further insights will follow.

1 Like

Sounds great!! Good luck with the presentation, do you have the option to record? Could be good to publish as part of the project documentation.

1 Like

hi @lenara with a lot of delay but last weeks drifted me to different paths, here they are the recordings of our conversations
https://youtu.be/l1jo-BnN8JY in italian
https://youtu.be/XtWJesAuCMo in english

1 Like

Thanks for posting the links! it’s very cool that the project is doing conversations in several languages :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Would you like to post a progress report with your activities so far for each of the proposed phases in the project? It would look something like this:

• for phase 1 we proposed (…fill in…) and have completed (…fill in…). This represents (percentage, for example 50%) of the proposed deliverables for this phase.
  • for phase 2… (similar as above)
  • etc etc… for all the phases if you have completed some work. If you have not completed any work yet for a phase that’s ok, just mention you haven’t reached this phase in the project yet.
2 Likes

News on the project:

PUBLISHING HOUSE AND NFT FOR WOMEN WRITERS AND ARTISTS IS BORN COSMIA is born!

open call (in italian) saturday 17 at 3PM CET here https://kmeet.infomaniak.com/8rmvhf80hg4lkt28lgfitwrz

QUI l’articolo in Italiano COSMIA è nata!

IN STEP 1 we reached:

• definitely name project,
  • create the association and the statute,
  • draft idea for DAO (still between us founder),
  • first relaese throug posts
    → estimate deadline: was june 2021, well it is a bit delayed
    → 50 NEAR

still to do:
onboarding collaborators but is the aim of this week through the call of saturday 17 at 3PM CET
…the official press release (because we are still fighting with the site design and social profiles creation)

1 Like

Hi, I am here to drop some news:

1. the site is ready, now the English translation simply follows the Italian version, so you can read while we are fixing the website www.cosmia.org
  2. a first call for writers is launched, it is the meeting of the two projects Cosmia and #scarkisses here you can read the terms for partecipating (any spread around of this news is welcomed since we accept any language) expecially we are collecting many subscribers from people that will be onboarded on near :sunglasses:

(bando di scrittura creativa/call for writers)

@lenara @mecsbecs do you think this two steps can be added to the previous message to complete the first part of the task?

1 Like

Yes, please let us know what phases and what percentage of them it corresponds to and we can give you the green light to submit a DAO payout.

The website is looking awesome, congratulations! Let us know how to help promote. We would also like to get a quote from you about the project current moment and your next step - this way we can include it in our monthly highlights post :+1:

2 Likes

oh sorry for the delay but few projects needed my attention, will prepare a text next week @lenara for the promotion I have no idea,just that promotion is good, and is needed :joy: so hopefully we will onboard a woman with those skills to help :crossed_fingers:

Hope the right persons finds their way to the project!

You have been doing a lot of work and the Publishing House is moving forward nicely, we are excited to see it continue. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Please submit a payout in the amount of 75 NEAR to our DAO for this last batch of work and link to this forum post.

1 Like

oh thanks! that will helps me moving forward, exactly the steps were taken differently but continuously - I will then prepare an article for the next steps on CENTblog - the VR GALLERY with textes we are collecting an that will be then minted on Mintbase

1 Like