[PROPOSAL] Onboarding opportunities / NxM

Hello Guys!
In an effort to connect more musical artists with the NEAR ecosystem, we are proposing the continuation of our Onboarding program. There are many communities that are specific to music that we feel deserve more focus. For example, there are many Discord servers where music producers share information and resources. Some of us are probably already part of these communities. Myself, bonepoliceofficial.near, symbolik.near and trashlights.near, are increasing our goal to onboard 15 artists this month from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Discords or wherever these communities exist, with an opportunity to get 5 NEAR for each person. This should help our community to grow. Some people will need more help than others so we will continue to document the process for further education about the NEAR and NxM community.

In addition to the onboarding, we are adding in will provide and end of the month recap of the communities happenings in order to show to the community what is happening, as well as provide additional platform to highlight the exciting things that are going on!
We learned that this process requires more work and coordinated commitment than previously considered, and we need to make sure we compensate one another appropriately so that we can sustain the efforts everyone is putting in as we grow, so we are increasing our request.

Requested NEAR: 300(50N for funding on boarding process, 50N for crans.near, 50N for trashlights.near, 50N for bonepoliceofficial.near, 50N for symbolik.near, 50N for Natalie Crue)

4 Likes

Obviously biased, but I’m so thrilled with the results of our first month of this program, and the level of engagement we’ve already seen from the new members we brought in. I think we learned a ton and will continue to see really cool results from our efforts with this initiative!

3 Likes

Hey @Paul I know that you all have been pushing this forward already and I want to include this in our August funding round, which is almost ready to be approved. We currently have 300 N available to put towards this. If it’s possible to edit the proposal to 300 N that would be great!

Also can you edit the title and remove DAOrecords pls. Let’s keep this focused on NxM :slight_smile:

Is this the link the Onboarding DAO? I see that @Dedeukwu has created it already. Let’s use this for the payout and get yourself @bonepolice @steven & @Symbolik on it!

@zeitwarp @Grace @chloe @JMaenen thoughts?

5 Likes

In principle …yes…obviously but my only caveat would be that we would need a formal monthly report posted on the forum detailing the activity [achieved & proposed]…

Thoughts ?

5 Likes

Yes agreed. This is something we’ve already been doing with the social media payouts for NxM, so I don’t think @Paul will have an issue. It’s also fair to include some of the allocated N for the person to write the report. Maybe @chloe has a template that might help?

4 Likes

yep agreed
:+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Not sure I have a specific reporting template. Tbh, I feel as though the reporting should be relatively unique to the community that it’s being reported to.

If the nxm community is satisfied with the report, then I should be as well. In my opinion, the report simply needs to show where the funds went and why as well as what were the proposed metrics and were they hit?

As long as a payout proposal includes proposed metrics and how someone feels the proposal will support the community, it should be relatively straightforward for anyone to write a report.

4 Likes

Thanks Vandal! Proposal has been edited.

Regarding the report - we came up with the idea about NxM Newsletter on Medium where we can share information about onboarded people and top events in NxM. Do you think this kind of report will be suitable for the community ?

NxM Newsletter July is available here.

1 Like

Maybe the report can be incorporated in the NxM Newsletters? Outlining the onboarding activities, number of new members and so on…

1 Like

Definitely, this should work for the future newsletters!

1 Like

Hey @Paul let’s update this proposal to include the creation of the NxM Onboarding DAO! We can get this included in our September funding round.

2 Likes

Monthly Report

For my part of the contributions towards onboarding efforts, either solo or in conjunction with other projects in the metaverse, I onboarded/created wallets for the following in the month of August

nickkasimatis.near
antg805bpm.near
strangetown.near
lilgenie.near
officialdbanks.near
djbutter.near
aserion.near
shortyduwop.near
centralcoastgia.near
officialcavmusic.near
troubadour.near
kontra1.near