[Closed] Onboarding & Educating Hairstylist in the potential of using NFT/Metaverse

If you think about fashion, it’s easy to see the metaverse in action. The potential to (virtually) try on clothes and buy digital-only outfits with Cryptocurrency is already a reality. AR (augmented reality) and VR (virtual reality) are fast becoming parts of our lives.

But what about hair? Is there a future where clients can get hairstyles solely to wear in the metaverse? Or maybe the metaverse presents an opportunity for clients to try on new colours and cuts without commitment? If harnessed by salons, it could be a great marketing tool to drive footfall physically into the salon. Not to mention the opportunities for hairdressing education…

In terms of education, sales, contribution, expansion and sharing knowledge, I think it’s going to be pretty insane and pretty amazing. I really believe in the future of digital art and digital connection, but I’m also really attached to the reality which is an object that is in front of me in 3D, rather than something that is just on a flat screen in a 2-dimension.

We will be organizing with hairstylist in educating them and creating a content on our social platform on

• Metaverse, How it works and it opportunity thereof
  • Blockchain & Web3.0
  • Near Protocol and it Ecosystem
  • What NFT simply means and how it works
  • Examples of NFT and it usage
  • We will be having a practical on creating NFT Via their Handwork.

Expected Impact on Near Ecosystem

• Onboarding over 50 people to near ecosystem
  • Creation of over 50 NFTs
  • Exposing Near Protocol to the people
  • Creating more Near users
  • Giving them a broad knowledge about Web3.0 and Near Protocol and it Ecosystem.

Metrics of Success

• Onboarding over 50 people
  • Create more Near users
  • Near Wallet creation of over 50 users
  • More member onboard on the gov forum
  • Creation of more NFTs

This will be shared online and also we will be having a rally as to acquire the expected number of people who will be involve in this program.

As soon as we get funded, we execute our mission and expected report should be in a month time.

Funding Details

50 Near customized t-shirt: (10$ each x 50)
Hall Rental: 100$
Projector : 60$
Fliers & Banner: 100$
Per customers hair (10$ each x 50) use for creating NFTs
Refreshments: 100$
Live video coverage & Editor : 300$( This will be promoted on our social media page and also going to be live on metaverse)
Metaverse Rental: 50$

Total Budget : $1710

Near wallet
deejayankara.near

Dj Ankara

Kindly review and get to me @marketingdao-council @MktngDAO_Advisors @Klint @Dacha @satojandro

4 Likes

Hello! Could you please fill out the form? Thank you

2 Likes

Thanks @Dacha done already…

2 Likes

Hi Romanus,

Thanks for your proposal and continued interest to help grow NEAR protocol in various ways.

I’d like to start by saying that that I very much share your vision for how the metaverse, among various modern technologies, could have a major impact on the way several industries work.

There are two key things that jump at me as I read the proposal:

First, this is a very niche customer segment. This triggers many questions such as your previous experience in the industry, how will you find the 50 hairstylists who will be attending, etc.

Second, this is a one-off physical events for an entirely new initiative. The issues here are:

• What is the strategy to nurture all the leads after the event occurs? Without a strategy to engage and activate, one off events have limited impact.
  • Usually we would provide these kind of funds into projects that have been building a brand and audience for a while, funds enable them to continue nurturing their audience towards a call to action.

Overall, I am not able to support this proposal as it is too early and does not have a clear pathway to helping us achieve strategic growth mandates. We are operating on much stricter, renewed guidelines and reduced budget which forces us to prioritise initiatives that will have highest impact.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback…

I am actually there to give them a knowledge of value that I have acquired to enhance their skills.

I will be meeting with the Lagos State Barbers, Hairdressers and Cosmetologists Association(LABHCA) where I will be there to discuss on the subject matters. In this form, we will be able to achieve over 50 attendees. 50 hairstylist attendees is just a minimum as it’s a combination of both male and female hairstylist. Hairstylist is one of the lucrative business that most people venture into in Nigeria. Zonal meetings are held every week and a general meeting by the end of the month.

My aim and purpose is to educate and advance their skill proving a reality in a technological world. Through this activity, wallet creation will be mandatory and near fliers will be pasted in their place of work as an acceptable means of transaction. I believe this will be a great impact to the ecosystem.

Before the event, we will be creating a telegram group where we can actually get in touch for further help and information. In this process we will be having a group meeting every 2weeks where we discuss on the progress so far. Also a YouTube Channel have being created for the purpose of education. I am also looking forward in creating a social media platform for this course for the soul purpose of education and advert on our NFTs.

Every initiative started from the bottom so as long as there is a potential in our project that will impact the ecosystem, is worth giving a try.

Thank you @satojandro

Hi @Romanus – thanks for the proposal and for submitting the form. Since our relaunch in November, we have been operating under new guidelines with a constrained budget. Overall, there is a much higher bar for funding today than there was at times in the past as we have moved passed funding as many very early stage projects with niche audiences in favor of prioritizing those projects that most closely align with the NEAR Foundation’s current objectives.

If you look at the guidelines, many of the KPIs we need to identify in order to support funding are either not present in this proposal or it is too early stage to tell whether there is a reasonable chance to hit them. Because of that, I can’t support this proposal at this time. I encourage you to keep working on your community and know that you can always come back to us when you have more traction and/or an initiative that is more aligned with the objectives outlined in the guidelines. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for your proposal! Unfortunately, events are out of Marketing DAO scope.