[Closed] Onboarding Devs into the near Ecosystem and helping non technical Founder Navigate their Way in the Near Ecosystem

@Dacha @marketingdao-council

GOAL1: ONBOARDING NEW DEVS AND EXPERIENCE DEVELOPER INTO THE NEAR ECOSYSTEM

Am a full stack solidity developer currently working as a frontend developer in an ecommerce startup. Anytime I reach out to some of my colleague in the Blockchain space and ask them some question about about the Near Blockchain most of the time they could not give me an answer. That why I decided to create educational content to make onboarding both newbie and professional to the Near ecosystem easier.

GOAL2: ONBOARDING BOTH TECHNICAL FOUNDER AND NON TECHNICAL FOUNDER INTO THE NEAR ECOSYSTEM

Every single day a lot of people are building amazing project in the web3 space.Coming from an ethereum base ecosystem to Near ecosystem I can boldly say Near makes life easier and provide us with the three essential ingredient needed to build a fully standard dapp application which are security,scalability and decentralisation and ontop of that with the help of Aurora a layer two solution it makes onboarding Ethereum base dev into the Near ecosystem easier also Every founder are always faced with the challenge of choosing the right Blockchain for their product to these effect is why I to setup a social media marketing strategy to post educating content and how the Near Blockchain is the perfect fit for their project.

Social media >>>promotion>>>Twitter

Task:

1. posting of important update that help promote the near Ecosystem among builders and founders
    2 . Organising of Twitter spaces where we educate Developer on how they can start building on the Near ecosystem and educating builders on how the Near Blockchain is the perfect fit for their project

KPI

1. increase in followers
  2. amount of post made

Metrics

1. In our first month we are looking at 300 followers
  2. Creating of atleast four post a day

Budget:
600 USD

Content >>>>Writing>>>Guide

Creation of content that guide developer on how to start building on the Near blockchain

KPI: Amount of Articles and engagement on medium
Metrics: creation of four article a month
Budget:600 USD

Content >>> Video >>>Educational
KPI: amount of video created,increase In our YouTube subscribers
Metrics: creation of 4 high Quality YouTube video that educate developers and newbie on how to start building
Budget: 800USD

Total Funding: 2000USD

Near wallet: asteve.near
Owners name: akinfolarin Stephen

2 Likes

Good evening! Could you please fill out the form? Thank you

Hey @asteve12 – Thanks for the proposal – onboarding devs is definitely in line with what the Marketing DAO is focused on allocating funds toward right now.

Have you read our guidelines for assessment? If not, check those out.

I think what you need to do for us to be able to review this is to provide more detail that demonstrates why you’re uniquely positioned and capable of executing this initiative, as well as a detailed proposal around the specific content you aim to produce. The reality is that there is already a lot of content about NEAR out into the world, and we have to have a pretty strong justification for funding the creation of new content vs. the curation of existing content. That usually comes down to the creator having a differentiated or unique perspective and an existing audience that we can see they will market to.

To start, can you provide any links to past content, more about you, etc.? Thanks!

1 Like

thanks for your interest in my proposal.
First my proposal is not just about creating content. it involves organising twitter spaces, building an active community of builders, also an active community of non technical founders that want to build a web3 based project, and lastly creating technical content and non technical content that guide devs on how to start building on the Near blockchain. but a huge percentage of the content produce will be technical and in the future looking to creating a university ambassador programme .

WHAT PLACE ME IN A UNIQUE POSITION TO BE ABLE TO DELIVER? As I said am a developer that build both web2 and web3 based product I have experience working as a web2 frontend developer and also have been able to work in web3 base organisation. also am a fullstack blockchain developer on the ethereum network. And currently i also handle mentoring developer in one of Aurora vibrant community which is Aurora Africa.
Looking at the way Near blockchain makes it easy to start build on it’s blockchain with the help of the various SDK we are provided with that why i came up with these initiative cause a lot of people still are not aware that Near enable developer to build with a variety of various programming languages

JUSTIFICATION OF CREATION OF NEW CONTENT? There are very few content out there that Guide you on how to start building real world project like NFT market place on the Near blockchain.

CREDENTIALS: i currenlly create tutorial for a vibrant community on the Aurora Network?

1. Solidity Training-Remix IDE and Data type - YouTube
  2. Aurora Africa Academy-Solidity Training. - YouTube
    you can check their channels for more content all content related to building on the ethereum blockchain on there channels are created by me .
    I also have my own blog where I create a technical content covering both web2 and web3 here is the link
    https://impactworld.hashnode.dev/
    my Github :asteve12 · GitHub;

Also check out my portfolio site https://radiant-mochi-da91bc.netlify.app/

1 Like

@so608 still waiting for your response

@Dacha completed the form what Next

Hi @asteve12

Can you please provide some additional information about your proposal?

4 Articles on Medium

• What is the subject of these articles?
  • I couldn’t find any examples of your writing. Do you have any links?

4 Youtube Videos:
Please provide an overview of the 4 videos are about.

• Are these tutorials, lectures / keynotes, or promotional?
  • What is the subject of each video?
  • Where would these videos be published?

You sent over the 2 videos you created for aurora.
Is it possible to record a video with a higher resolution?
Those videos are bit too grainy at the highest resolution on youtube.

I have no doubt you know how to build on Solidity.
It totally makes sense that you produced a video for Aurora.

But Near Protocol is built on Rust. Can you please provide a bit more clarity on how your videos would help builders on Near?

1 Like

Thanks for answering the questions and providing links to content. I can’t support this proposal at this time.

As Taylor mentioned above, it is clear you know how to build, and your interest in reaching new developers sounds sincere.

That said, the Medium you shared has articles that have many grammatical errors, random capitalization, confusing formatting, etc. The content may be accurate and helpful to some, but I can’t support allocating funds to content creation unless it is professionally done and very high-quality. It may be that this initiative could be a fit if it were a little farther along, and you’d had a chance to demonstrate some traction in the community and produce more samples of high-quality blog posts and videos.

I encourage you to keep participating in the ecosystem, perhaps contributing to some existing communities and consider coming back in the future.

1 Like

@Klint
These is my blog url https://impactworld.hashnode.dev/

Answers to questions asked.

What are the subject of my medium article?

My area of concentration, regarding creating content is to write a technical article that guide developer on how they can build real world project on the Near blockchain e.g How to build an Nft Marketplace on the Near Protocol .

Overview of the youtube video

The youtube video i will be creating are tutorials that cover how to build on the Near blockchain.

Is it possible to record a video with a higher resolution?
With the help of these budget we will definitely be able to record a video with higher a resolution and quality.

But Near Protocol is built on Rust. Can you please provide a bit more clarity on how your videos would help builders on Near?

Yeah these is one of the major reason i came up with these initiative. A good amount of people still don’t know that you can start building on the Near protocol without using the blockchain native language which is rust. Near provide us with a javascript SDK that enable us write smart contract using javascript or typescript .

And one of the barriers that prevent people from adopting or building on a blockchain network is the challenge of learning new programming language all over again.
Having developers to use the programming language they are already familiar with to start writing smart contract is life changing and these is also one of the selling point of the Near blockchain itself. My work here is to help spread the goodnews if permitted.

@so608
I understand the importance of having a high quality content that is free from grammatic error. To ensure a high quality content is produce, I will hire a professional to help ensure all articles are free from grammatic errors and they are of high quality.

Hi @asteve12 first my apologies on behalf of the Marketing DAO for the delay in coming to a decision on your proposal. I have read the comments by fellow council and have come to the conclusion that i am unable to support.

Hi asteve,

Thanks for your proposal and patience.

At this stage, I am unable to support this proposal. Here is my reasoning:

• Overall, it is too early. While you have created some work on the Aurora ecosystem, there isn’t much work we can use to asses the quality of the content you aim to produce.
  • There are several variables we take into account when assessing a proposal like this such as in-depth knowledge and subject matter expertise (it is not clear how Solidity based programming would translate to NEAR or how your current level would compare to the target’s audience), quality of the production (video, editing, etc.) and finally distribution (established social media, etc.)
  • Even if some of these criteria were met, I would be hesitant on supporting this proposal and would instead refer it to the Education team within NF. Even if after the most recent changes the proposal gets sent back to us for funding, I’d like to have the review and opinion of current Dev Ref team.

I would encourage you to continue learning, networking with other developers on NEAR, sharing as much as possible an definitely get in touch with dev real team proactively - they may have key areas where they are seeking support and your skills match. You can always come back with a new proposal as circumstances change.

Closing this proposal now as it has failed to gather necessary support from Council.