[Approved](onboarding) C1 guild November

C1 Guild member is requesting funds for an onboarding campaign taking place at the different universities in Lagos State.

C1 has actively been reaching out to university’s and in particular the art departments to connect with students who may find use in joining the NEAR ecosystem.

Throughout these campaigns so far we have connected to the head of Arts at Lagos State university, minted works from students, and set up recording sessions with students who do not have the ability to produce themselves.

On top of that the team has connected to blockchain groups and sponsored / presented at events regarding blockchain highlighting the benefits and opportunities of NEAR and web3.

The college and university campaign has led to opportunities to connect with and develop programs with another NGO called Blockchain Breeders which helps educate students on blockchain technology.

The proposal submitted to C1 Guild is attached here for your reference.

Thank you very much!

Request is $620 / 63.5N as of Nov 16th

6 Likes

Hi there,

I am not sure if this went to the right place or not. I was under the impression proposals for onboarding would get submitted to this DAO now given the new direction with socials going to marketing DAO etc.

Any advice would be helpful. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Going to link @NatalieCrue & @Paul, @Symbolik, @steven & @vandal in here as they are in the council of the onboarding DAO :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks Tabea, appreciate it.

2 Likes

Hey @JCB thanks for putting this in. From what I’m aware of, the Onboarding DAO has yet to create their Oct report or Nov funding request. I have taken a back seat in this DAO but I’ve shared this in the telegram group and the members are aware :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Appreciate it vandal. I saw it in the TG. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hey @JCB I think we’ve found $420 for C1 Guild to cover your proposal’s costs, we could arrange missing $200 in December with the next round funding.

What do you think @vandal @Symbolik @NatalieCrue @steven @chloe ? I’ve sent on our TG group detailed costing table, we’ll be able to cover our all activities and C1 proposal.

2 Likes

Would this need to go to the C1 DAO as its an individual’s proposal? Or would it go direct to @Jephtha ?

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply on this. I’m still acclimatizing to a world where we have a zillion was of communicating with collegues, friends and family, the globe over. That said I feel C1 is a great example of onboarding in the NEAR space that we should support. Chapter 1 enables people who may not have the opportunity to contribute to Web3 otherwise, and they attract people to NEAR. I am good with funding what we can now and contributing further from our future butget as per @Paul 's suggestion, if that works. @tabear thanks for adding us on the discussion.

4 Likes

I believe that funds should go directly to C1 Guild treasury, where you guys will distribute funds accordingly, but I would love to hear feedback from @tabear or @vandal about that.

2 Likes

Hey, sorry for the delay, yes, the funds would best go to the C1 treasury and would then be distributed to the individuals in my opinion.

2 Likes

Hey @JCB please mark this proposal as approved and submit as payout request to Onboarding DAO. :slight_smile:

2 Likes