[Closed] Onboarding and educating shoe makers about Near and creating NFTs

As the world of virtual reality is fast becoming popular, you can’t walk around the metaverse without your shoes on.
There is gonna be a future where shoppers would care more about their digital possessions than the physical ones and there are expensive collectibles selling as NFTs like shoes and clothings too.

In collaboration with Lagos state shoe makers association (LASSMA), I would like to educate shoe makers about

• Near protocol and its eco system
  • NFT and it’s importance
  • How the metaverse work and it’s opportunities
  • There will be a practical session where they work on their unique shoe designs which would be used in creating NFT
  • There would be an NFT exhibition where traders will showcase their digital designs on a 3D immersive platform for auction

PLANS

• Onboarding over 50 people
  • Having more active near users
  • Creation of over 50 NFTs
  • Exhibition of the attendees digital designs on metaverse
  • Creating over 50 near wallet for users
  • More members on gov forum
  • Creation of more NFTs

** DETAILS OF FUNDING**

50 near customized t-shirt ($12 each x 50)
Fliers and banner $100
Hall rental $120
Metaverse rental $100
Live video coverage and editing $250

Total budget: $1170

Near wallet: abidemi.near

@marketingdao-council @MktngDAO_Advisors @Dacha @klint @Alpar_NEAR

4 Likes

I think the objectives can be reviewed because there is usually a pattern to education and training, After the initially exposure, education about what NFTs are and how they can involve themselves in it and then finally dapps they can use to make their first set on NFTs no need for education set that will be too difficult to understand like metaverse

3 Likes

Thanks for the response. I understand your point. My main focus of education is NFT and metaverse is added for the ones that would catch up quick. However, I think I would have majority of the attendees catch up because I would be working with leading shoe making industries and experts that would be willing to evolve with tech

1 Like

Is this proposal in any way related to [Proposal] Onboarding & Educating Hairstylist in the potential of using NFT/Metaverse @Romanus ?

I can’t help but noticing the uncanny similarity between both proposals…

3 Likes

@Abidemi wow I see :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks for the response. Both proposals are not related.

1 Like

Hi @Abidemi

Thank you for your proposal. I’m also mirroring the feedback of @satojandro - the proposal seems very similar to the one he linked to.

The reality is that we’re just not able to support projects that don’t tie directly into Near’s OKRs such as the creation of new wallets, onboarding new builders, measurable growth of existing projects (number of wallets, transactions, TVL, etc).

I cannot support this proposal at this time.

2 Likes

Good evening! Could you please fill out the form

Marketing DAO Proposal Application ?

1 Like

Hi @Abidemi thanks for the proposal. I can’t support this proposal at this time. Here is my reasoning:

• The project is very early stage, and there is no detail about the organization, existing social media, your background, why you’re qualified to teach the LASSMA about the NEAR ecosystem.
  • We are not currently supporting the funding of events since our relaunch last fall. That may change pending conversation with the NEAR Foundation team, but we currently can’t support them.
  • In reading this, what is outlined here does not leave me with the level of conviction I need around the benefits to NEAR and its ecosystem. The MarketingDAO is largely here to help established projects we are confident can help achieve goals outlined by the NEAR Foundation in our guidelines. This proposal just doesn’t make a strong enough case for that for me to support.

I wish you luck in the future!

1 Like

Hi @Abidemi I have reviewed your proposal and noted the comments from fellow council.
I appreciate your creativity but am unable to support as I feel that reaching out to shoemakers is not a good fit for Near. Moving to Closed