[Approved, $3150] ODDio3 - Marketing DAO Proposal

Please note that certain aspects of this proposal will change to reflect the change in the amount of funding received. All relevant updates will be in the Google Doc, not this post.

PROPOSAL TITLE + DATE

:memo:Proposal Title

ODDio3
_

:open_book: Organization Name

DAOrecords
_

:date: Date Founded

2020-01-01

PREVIOUS FUNDING

:1st_place_medal: Is this the First Funding Request for This Project?

No

_

:abacus: What Type of Previous Funding Did You Recieve for This Project?

Marketing DAO Funding, Near Foundation Grant

_

:open_file_folder: Previous Funding (If Any)

DAOrecords - SoundSplash Campaign April 2022 $4,750 April 2022 [APPROVED] DAOrecords - Marketing DAO Funding - April 2022 [Report] Marketing | DAOrecords | April 2022 DAOrecords - SoundSplash Campaign May 2022 $3,550 May 2022 [Approved] DAOrecords Marketing Campaign | May-22 - #5 by vandal [REPORT] Project Manager | DAOrecords | May-22 DAOrecords - SoundSplash Campaign June 2022 $5,000 June 2022 [Approved] DAOrecords Marketing Campaign | June-22 [REPORT] Project Manager | DAOrecords | June 2022 DAOrecords - SoundSplash Campaign July 2022 $4,400 July 2022 [APPROVED] DAOrecords Marketing Campaign | July-22 - #8 by Paul [Report ] Social media and graphic design | DAOrecords | July 2022

PROJECT URLS

:globe_with_meridians: Project URL

_

:white_check_mark: Categorize Your Project

Content Creation and Distribution

_

:abacus: Social Media Distribution Channel URLs

https://twitter.com/DAOrecords_

https://instagram.com/DAOrecords_
https://www.linkedin.com/in/vandigital/

https://app.myriad.social/profile/62555f03092c346d1652c74c

_

:earth_americas: Which Region Will Your Project Support?

North American

_

:mag: Is Your Project Targeting A Specific Country?

No - Mostly focused on USA for this campaign, but not limited to just to North America as our audience is from a broad range of countries from across the globe.

ABOUT ME

:white_check_mark: Your Name

Jason Schadt

_

:link: Governance Forum Profile URL

_

:credit_card: Near Wallet ID

vandal.near

_

:round_pushpin: Country of Residence

Mostly focused on USA for this campaign, but not limited to just to North America as our audience is from a broad range of countries from across the globe.

_

:hatched_chick: Twitter

https://twitter.com/vandigital

_

:art: Portfolio URL

_

:blue_square: Linkedin URL

https://www.linkedin.com/in/vandigital/

_

:link: Additional Relevant Links

https://rarevandal.daorecords.io

PREVIOUS PROJECTS

:tornado: Have You Been Involved In Any (Previous or Current) Funded Projects Related To The Marketing DAO?

Yes

_

:books: Previous Funded Projects That You Have Been Involved With

DAOrecords - SoundSplash Campaign [APPROVED] DAOrecords - Marketing DAO Funding - April 2022 [Approved] DAOrecords Marketing Campaign | May-22 - #5 by vandal [Approved] DAOrecords Marketing Campaign | June-22 [APPROVED] DAOrecords Marketing Campaign | July-22 - #8 by Paul Total amount of funds received - $17,500 I wasn’t personally paid for this work as I waived my payment to cover the costs of the team. In summary, I spearheaded the entire campaign, put all the pieces together and assisted in most areas helping team members as needed.

_

:briefcase: Will You Be Working By Yourself or With a Team?

By Myself

TEAM MEMBERS

:notebook: Total Team Members

_

:family_man_man_boy_boy: Info About Your Team

_

:fire: What related qualifications, experience or track record does your team bring to this initiative?

Vandal has over 5 years of experience hosting Online radio shows (The Crib Show & The Closer) and over the past 3 years has interviewed over 30 artists via The Popup S1 & S2 and most recently during SoundSplash S1. His wealth of knowledge and connections with artists and builders positions Vandal as an influential personality in the Web3 music space and the perfect host for ODDio3. As an Emcee, Vandal has extensive experience spanning 3 decades.

There are more links…

PROJECT PROPOSAL

:clipboard: Project Overview: Short High-Level Summary of the Purpose of Your Project

ODDio3 is a weekly 1hr Live Video Stream featuring exclusive Web3 music, interviews & insights hosted by Vandal and brought to you by DAOrecords and VanDAO. Designed to ‘Edutain’, ODDio3 aims to showcase talented musicians and highlight builders, advocates and other interesting characters making waves in the Web3 space. Through music & conversation curated by Vandal, ODDio3 will act as a vehicle to onboard more artists and collectors to DAOrecords and NEAR.

_

:mag_right: What Problem Are You Aiming to Solve

NEAR is falling behind on NFT sales in this Bear market compared to most of the other chains in the Web3 space. Culture and music need more support, primarily because these areas engage people outside of DeFi, PFPs and are not as impacted by current market conditions.

_

:white_check_mark: How Does This Project Solve the Problems You’ve Listed?

Our primary goal is to further awareness of amazing artists, their music and the tools they use in order to attract the curious, be they artists or fans, to explore NFTs, DAOs and Metaverse. Additionally, we will continue to utilize this platform to, at every opportunity, promote and onboard people to NEAR, encourage the sale of DAOrecords NFTs and adoption of dApps in the ecosystem.

_

:rocket: Which of the Following Will Be The Result of Your Project?

Increase Active Users On Apps on NEAR (applications with live contracts, sourced from Github, curated by https://datrics.ai/)

_

:bar_chart: What Are the Goals of This Project?

Our goal is to attract more musicians and fans to NEAR via DAOrecords. Along the way, we aim to create more awareness outside of the NEAR ecosystem to our partner projects. Additionally, through contests, airdrops and quests we will create more wallets and transactions on-chain. Quantifiably, we can track the impact of our monthly campaigns through analytics including social post interactions, Near Week campaign, Web3 dApp campaign with Pr3sence, Satori campaign, Metaverse venue attendance, Twitch viewers, YouTube views, Medium post views, wallets created and NFTs sold.

_

:clipboard: Provide a Detailed Breakdown of Your Project Deliverables and the Budget

ODDio3 is a weekly 1hr Live Video Stream featuring exclusive Web3 music, interviews & insights hosted by Vandal and brought to you by DAOrecords and VanDAO. Designed to ‘Edutain’, ODDio3 aims to showcase talented musicians and highlight builders, advocates and other interesting characters making waves in the Web3 space. Through music & conversation curated by Vandal, ODDio3 will act as a vehicle to onboard more artists and collectors to DAOrecords and NEAR.

_

:link: Links to Similar Proposals from the Marketing DAO and Reports on the Forum (if applicable)

_

:money_with_wings: What Is the Total Funding Amount You Are Requesting?

$6,500

_

:hourglass_flowing_sand: What is the Length of Commitment to Delivering Your Project?

3 Months

_

:stopwatch: Start Date of the Project/Campaign

2023-01-05

_

:hourglass: End Date of the Project/Campaign

2023-03-30

_

:toolbox: Anything Else We Should Know Before Evaluation You This Project?

A Web3 music show is something that is missing in the broader ecosystem and will add to the mission and objectives of DAOrecords, to highlight music, artists and amazing projects so we can bring more musicians and collectors to NEAR.

Full Project outline: ODDio3 - Details & Timeline - Google Docs

9 Likes

Hi @vandal,

The link seems to be a private one, would you mind making it accessible for everyone?

3 Likes

Done! You should be able to view it now

2 Likes

Hi @marketingdao-council @MktngDAO_Advisors do you have any feedback on my proposal? I saw that a few changes were made in the Guidelines For Assessment post and I’d used the Application Form that was written in the Handbook document.

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @vandal thanks for your proposal and your understanding during the pause in funding.

The Marketing DAO is now actively working to clear the backlog of proposals.

3 Likes

Hello! Could you please fill out the form? Thanks!

1 Like

I filled out the old form, it took a long time to do it. Now I have to fill out a new form? I’ll do it if I have to, but can you not get the data (which I pasted here as requested) from the old form? Asking first before I spend time filling out a new form :slight_smile:

PS. the link was the one from the Handbook Doc.

2 Likes

Hey @williamx

Thanks for working with us on the complicated form submission process.

It looks like you’ve been involved with a lot of really cool creative projects. With the new KPIs that near is focused on driving, this type of project slips through our focus verticals and categories.

The Near Foundation has been very clear with its new KPIs that require a focus on driving growth within:
NF KPIs to track progress:

1. New Projects
  2. Active Apps
  3. Weekly Active DAOs
  4. Active Wallets
  5. Increase overall education, reach, and drive positive traction in the market

Unfortunately, I cannot support this project at this time.

1 Like

Hey Klint,

Not sure if you meant to tag me rather than William, as this proposal is one that I submitted.

As for meeting NF KPIs it would be fair to say that this proposal represents a new product from an existing project that would be used to highlight ecosystem Apps, utilize a DAO and promote music-related content on the Near blockchain by driving people to purchase NFTs, create wallets and mint weekly NFTs using Near Apps.

Totally fine if you can’t support the proposal, but just wanted to point out that it is inline with NF’s KPIs.

Cheers,
Vandal

4 Likes

Hi Vandal
l have reviewed your proposal and your replies to comments from council.

I have also noted your past work but unfortunately i am unable to support at this time - in the current market conditions we have had to make some hard choices on which projects to allocate funding.

Please continue building your content and feel freel to submit a proposal in the future.

2 Likes

Cheers,

I really wanted to keep this in the Near ecosystem, but without support I’ll be going to other platforms who have already expressed interest and will be opening the concept up. Still hope to include some Near related content though.

1 Like

Thanks for your proposal and patience,

After reading the ODDio3 planning document, I can say that this looks like a very thoroughly planned endeavour from an experienced ecosystem player with an established audience.

I am willing to support if the proposal is updated to Monthly (could do bi-monthly for the first month considering we are already well into December). Total for December and January would then be - $3,150

2 Likes

Hi @vandal – you’ve created a lot of great events, content, initiatives for the ecosystem, and I like what you’re trying to do here. Plus, you have an established audience and proven track record of quality content creation.

I agree with @satojandro that under our current structure and budget, I can support if reduced to $3150.

If approved, I would also encourage you to note the methods through which you’ll demonstrate that the show is leading to the NF KPIs that we are aiming to hit with approved funding. While I know (as a podcaster and longtime content creator) that it’s really hard sometimes to track and connect something like a livestream to listener/viewer actions and adoption of the ecosystem, think about what you can do in that regard as the stronger a case you can make that your show is bringing significant impact to NEAR, the easier it is to allocate future funding.

You still need one more council member’s POV for a final decision.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the feedback. As you know, our NFT album with MetaJAX and Arturo Sandoval is nominated for a GRAMMY. The awards is coming up on the 5th February, which is why we wanted to push this project fwd as soon as possible to take advantage of this and to have Arturo on the show. Just thought I’d point that out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @vandal , I am happy to support your proposal. Thank you for a great job for Near Community!

You can now

1)Proceed to Poll on AstroDAO.
2)Once the poll is approved, you need to submit THIS form Ironclad.

How to create a poll? Here is instruction.

2 Likes

Thanks @Dacha and team! I’ll submit the poll and follow the instructions :slight_smile: Appreciate the support and looking fwd to bringing more value to the Near community and beyond!

2 Likes

Given the change in budget I’ll be updating the project outline to reflect the approved amount of $3150 and not the original $6500 requested.

I’ll continue to use this proposal thread to provide updates (as with the poster added to the bottom of the post).

1 Like

Here’s the link to the Poll - https://app.astrodao.com/dao/marketing.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/marketing.sputnik-dao.near-590

Wow! What a great achievement

1 Like

Beautiful workkk people…

1 Like