[Approved] NEAR Vadodara - FP22 NFT Workshop

1. Title
    Footprints ‘22 NFT Workshop

2. Organizers
    Pratik Parmar(@thchosenone)

3. Date & Time
    6th March, 2022 / Time TBD (Workshop will run for 5 hours)

4. Location
    Faculty of technology and Engineering, Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
    https://goo.gl/maps/FLVGWxVDvfpmQSUz8

5. Link
    https://msufp.in

6. Description
    FootPrints is one of the largest technical festivals that happen in the region of Gujarat, and we have a chance to be the first point in their journey to start creating and selling NFTs on the NEAR ecosystem. We have been involved with FootPrints since a while and it never ceases to amaze with the scale it can achieve.

7. Agenda

Speakers: Pratik Parmar and Md Shahbaz Alam

Schedule:

• What is an NFT?
    • Make sure you actually want to sell an NFT
    • Popular NFTs
    • NFT Platforms
    • NFT Minting
    • Setting up a wallet
    • Connecting your wallet
    • Creating an NFT
    • Publish your NFT
  8. Budget

1. Speaker Compensation: USD 750 / Speaker
      Two Speakers to manage a crowd of 147 and assist.
      750 x 2 = USD 1500
    2. Organizer Compensation: USD 100
    3. Volunteer Compensation: USD 50 x Volunteer = USD 200
    4. Wallet Opening and incentive: 1N x 147 = 147 N (USD 1662.57, current rate 1N = USD 11.3)
    5. Speaker Accommodation:

Total Budget Required: USD 3576.57

9. Metrics

1. What do you expect to happen?

We expect the participants to learn, create and even start selling NFTs from the get-go. In an effort to increase blockchain literacy, we hope to help participants to start using NEAR wallet holders start interacting in the ecosystem. The NFT will surely be a touchpoint, but expanding on it will be the key which is what we will be hoping to do with the NEAR Vadodara initiative starting from here.

2. How do you define success?

• Number of wallets opened: 100
      • Published NFTs: 100
      • Number of participants learned about NEAR: 120
    3. How will this amount help you to achieve success?

This amount will be spent to compensate organizers, speakers, volunteers and open wallets for participants.

CC: @jlwaugh @Grace @David_NEAR

2 Likes

Hey Pratik!

Thanks for sharing the opportunity! Here are a few questions:

• Why so much for speaker compensation?
  • Who is based in Vadodara? Md Shahbaz Alam?
  • What will be planned for a next local event after this one?

Note: let’s not confuse people by talking about paid volunteers. Could help to build momentum if several organizers are involved.

Also, I’d like to explore ways trusted NEAR Meet coordinators might use a DAO to streamline funding… We can discuss that in another thread :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey James,

• Why so much for speaker compensation?
    We’re building a curriculum around NFT which we’re planning to open-source. This workshop will be a start to this curriculum and we’ll update it based on the feedback we receive post-workshop. This curriculum can be used by other NEAR Meet organizers going forward. We can reduce the compensation amount if you feel it’s too much.

• Who is based in Vadodara? Md Shahbaz Alam?
    I’m based out of Vadodara and Md Shahbaz will be traveling from Ranchi.

• What will be planned for the next local event after this one?
    We’re partnering with the local tech communities for a series of events to Introduce NEAR and DeFi.

Since this is a full-day event and we will have to host an audience of at least 80 participants; we’ll need the assistance of these volunteers to make this workshop successful and ensure that every participant understands the concepts.

We’re working on a proposal to streamline the funding process and which will be up by the end of the week.

1 Like

Hey @jlwaugh
This event will take place on 6th March, just 3 days from today. Moreover, 80 participants will be traveling from different parts of the region to attend this workshop so we can’t postpone it at this moment. Can you please look into this and do the needful?

Thanks for answering and following up ~ I’m happy to support! Just need to reduce that $4000 speaker budget in order to avoid setting a costly precedent with regard to honoraria.

How about $2300 total?

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback @jlwaugh.
Based on your that I’ve updated the budget breakdown in the proposal.

We received multiple requests from participants to extend the registration deadline now
in total, we’ve received 147 registrations instead of just 60. I think $750 per head should be a fair amount for speakers. Even after reduced compensation for speakers and volunteers, we’ll need USD 3576.57.

1 Like

Seems like it will be a great opportunity, and I want you to have what you need to maximize potential. Please create a poll proposal in the Marketing DAO here, and expect more discussion from the council members.

The additional budget for 147+ wallets can be folded into a NEARdrop.io campaign that you develop for NEAR Meet. Looking forward to seeing how this event goes!

2 Likes

Ok. Thanks

Have a great day!

Ps: target wallet thechosenone.near

1 Like

Thank you @jlwaugh! I’ve created a poll proposal on the Marketing DAO: https://app.astrodao.com/dao/marketing.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/marketing.sputnik-dao.near-170

2 Likes

Hey @David_NEAR @jlwaugh

We’ll be starting with the event in just few hours and we haven’t received the funds yet to open wallets for participants. Can you please look into this?

Thank!

Hey,

The finance team handle the distribution of funds, please be aware it can take up to 14 days in light of the new funding process. If you’re still having trouble by EoW, let me know and I’ll take a look.

1 Like

Hey @David_NEAR

Does it take 14 days after the approval of the poll to distribute the fund? It’s been approved by Marketing DAO but the fund hasn’t been transferred to me yet.

Hey,

The whole process from poll submission, approval, KYC, and distribution of funds, can take up to 14 days. Someone should email you soon with a Docusign link.

2 Likes

Hey @David_NEAR

No one has reached out to me with the Docusign link yet. Can you please look into this?

Hey, have you filled out the form which is required?

This one here:

You can double-check the full process here:

1 Like

Yes, @David_NEAR, I’ve already filled this form a few weeks back and I’ve also gone through the community payout process and it seems like I’ve followed all steps mentioned in the post.

Still, let me know if I missed something.

How the event was managed without the funding?
Can you brief us as to how the event went?

1 Like

Hey,

Not sure if there’s a technical error somewhere but we’ve not received your form - can you please resubmit?

1 Like

Thanks @David_NEAR I’ve resubmitted the form.

1 Like

We couldn’t open any new NEAR wallets because we didn’t have enough NEAR tokens. I’ll be sharing my experience in detail in the event report.

1 Like