[Approved] Near NFT Podcast Show

Description: One man podcast show to highlight and discuss Near NFT ecosystem projects and landscape. Podcast would include interviews with NFT team members, holders, community members, other guests as appropriate.

Host: Kevin aka “Chapo” (this is a nickname that was given to me by my children I am vertically challenged, it is an endearing nickname to me), an educator/school counselor by trade. I have been studying and learning all thing crypto and NFTS for the last two years.

Currently, I am the host of my start-up podcast called Crypto Chat with Chapo which can be found on Spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer, and Pocket Casts. There are currently 69 episodes that I have produced as a one man team. The topics range from NFTs, Market Updates, Project Spotlights, Protocol Reviews, etc. The current podcast would be rebranded for Near NFTs.

Impact: The goal is to raise awareness to and grow the overall market for NFTs in the Near Ecosystem. The podcast will promote and offer NFT artists a forum to grow their audience outside of the typical Twitter circles.

Success measurements: Early measure of success will be podcast downloads and plays.

Funding request: 1200 N (one Episode per week at 100 N for 12 weeks) - currently I am producing a daily episode UPDATED FUNDING REQUEST IN USD ($3600 or $300 per episode)
-payout in a monthly basis
-time for research and recording (includes recording equipment, software, subscriptions for remote recording)
-editing
-promotion (marketing and socials)

elchap0.near (Owned by Kevin Taylor)

Any feedback is MUCH appreciated!

1 Like

Could you please update in $? Thanks

Updated the proposal request. Many thanks. Chapo

2 Likes

Hello, could you please split the total budget for each category?

For example

Content → Writing → guide > $400 / KPIs, goals, metrics
Social media → Twitter → $400 / KPIs, goals, metrics/
Etc.

And exclude not supported categories.

Thank you!

Hello Chapo,

Thanks for your proposal and patience,

Please take time to review the latest guidelines for submission. You wil.l also have to submit this form as part of your proposal.

I am curious to hear from you whether you still think that a podcast specifically about NFTs may be the best way forward? I’m thinking that if you already have an established podcast and audience, perhaps you ma want to consider creating NEAR specific content for that channel and we sponsor only the NEAR related material?

2 Likes

Hi @elchapo just wanted to let you know the Marketing DAO council are actively looking to clear the backlog of proposals. I note that @satojandro has provided you with additional resources and guidance. Please post an update on your current status. Thanks

I am still interested in pursuing this type of programming. The original reason for a focus on NFTs as a starting point was the ecosystem had another podcast, Ready Layer One, that appeared to bring attention to emerging projects. I love the idea of expanding the show to cover various projects in the Near Ecosystem. I’m still doing research to learn the specifics creating a proposal that outlines the budget in a matter that will increase the chance of securing funding. I’ve never written a business plan.

Thanks for the proposal – I look forward to seeing your responses via the form.

Also a few additional thoughts/questions:

• Sure there are other podcasts in the ecosystem, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for more voices. I think you should aim to shape the show format to create what you think is the best show possible – not to make it specifically about NFTs because you want to differentiate from RLO in hopes of getting funding (if I am reading what you put above correctly).
  • I would recommend having a path to monetization in mind and included in your proposal. We do fund marketing initiatives, but we cannot guarantee long-term/indefinite funding. So it’s a good idea from the outset with an initiative like a podcast that will require subscriptions etc for production and a long-term approach to think about how you are going to move toward a self-sustaining model.
  • I also do not support funding for equipment generally – if you already have a show and are recording, can you explain why you are including a request for funds for equipment in this? And can you share a breakdown of the costs associated with the production subscriptions you mentioned?

Thanks!

Hello @elchapo . Thanks or your proposal. I am looking forward to see Tally form. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for confirming you are still interested,

The latest guidelines for application and all the prompts from the form should get you most of the way there. I know writing a business plan sounds daunting but we try to keep it as simple as possible.

As long as your proposal is able to establish clearly the following you should be fine:

• You have existing distribution channels and an audience;
  • That you have enough knowledge about NEAR and NEAR products to successfully cover them on a podcast;

We can probably start with a smaller grant and see how things evolve from there.

A note on the type of content - each podcaster has their own style and areas of interest. Don’t get too stressed by thinking others have already covered it and focus instead on your own style and passion, bring something different to the table.

Hope this helps. Happy to jump on a call if you have more questions. We’ll finalise assessment once form has been submitted.

I am really struggling with the business plan but I submitted the form. Also, are there community members that might be able to point me in a direction of learning more about KPIs as they relate specifically to MarketingDAO?

My entire career has been in public education and my knowledge is clearly lacking on some aspects, but I am eager to learn.

1 Like

Hi @elchapo – thanks for the proposal and the form submission. Happy to help you with the KPIs and how we can better define metrics around this project.

I’m happy to support this for the initial 12-episode series you’re proposing. You’ve demonstrated you have the skills to produce a show as a solo podcaster, and I think the requested price point is fair for that work.

Here are a few things I think would make this proposal stronger and the future and help position you for future funding:

• List episode subjects/titles/guests
  • Lay out a plan for leveraging the audience you have already built on your existing show. Is there a way to bring them over to the new show, assuming you will use a new feed for this? Many podcasters will run a short trailer on other podcast feeds to draw users to new shows. I think you need a strong plan around drawing in new listeners at the outset.
  • Explain how you will optimize the show for discovery via search on platforms such as Spotify. Giving us evidence that you are thinking about how to write the show notes/episode descriptions for SEO and/or discovery in Spotify would be helpful as we evaluate future proposals.
  • It looks like you’re primarily thinking about hosting on Spotify, but there are tons of podcast networks. If you use a host like Libsyn for the audio, you can deploy the show across many networks in basically a click. I’d think of ways to diversify your audience acquisition beyond Spotify, which is a great platform, but doesn’t have the listener share that all the other platforms have combined.

In terms of general advice around KPIs, what we are looking for are specific metrics we can look at that will demonstrate success in terms of audience growth, engagement, reach, etc. Not just number of episodes, but evidence that people are consuming the content and coming back. Some podcasters will use a call to action around a mailing list to help with this, various types of promos or incentives (e.g. asking for user reviews in exchange for a mention, offering a free info product for email sign up, sharing a specific URL only with the podcast audience and tracking clicks…). Anyway, I would think about what will work for you in that arena so you can come back and share some of that info when you report on this project if it is approved.

This is incredibly helpful! I am researching and pulling together your recommendations. I created a Twitter account @NearChapoChat to start teasing and promoting the launch. Check out and share if you desire.

Thank you for giving me a well thought out response that I use as a guide.

1 Like

I can leverage my existing audience for a new show by following these steps:

1. Announce the new show to my existing audience: I will make sure to let my existing audience know about the new show as soon as possible. I can do this through email newsletters, social media posts, or by announcing it on my existing show.
  2. Promote the new show on my existing platform: I will use my existing platform (such as a podcast or YouTube channel) to promote the new show. This can include mentioning it in my existing show, creating promotional material (such as trailers or teasers), or sharing updates about the new show on my social media channels.
  3. Offer an incentive for my existing audience to check out the new show: I will consider offering an incentive for my existing audience to check out the new show. This could be a discount on a paid subscription, access to bonus content, or a special promotion or giveaway.
  4. Cross-promote the new show with other creators or platforms: I will consider reaching out to other creators or platforms in my niche to cross-promote the new show. This can help me reach a new audience and build more visibility for my new show.
  5. Use paid promotion to reach a new audience: I will consider using paid promotion to reach a new audience for the new show. This could include running ads on social media platforms, using paid search ads, or running sponsored content on other websites or platforms.

It is generally a good idea to use a new feed for the new show, as this will allow me to keep my existing show and the new show separate and make it easier for my audience to find and subscribe to the new show. I can promote the new feed on my existing show and platform, and encourage my existing audience to subscribe to the new feed to stay up-to-date on the new show.

I can optimize my show, “Near Chat with Chapo”, for discovery via search on platforms such as Spotify by following these steps:

Use relevant keywords in the title and description of my show and episodes: I will choose keywords that are relevant to my show’s content and that my target audience is likely to search for. I will use these keywords in the title and description of my show and episodes to increase the chances that my show will appear in search results.

Make sure the show and episode titles are descriptive and easy to understand: I will use clear and descriptive titles for my show and episodes that accurately reflect their content. I will avoid using vague or misleading titles, as this can lead to a poor user experience and may negatively impact my show’s discoverability.

Use tags to categorize my show and episodes: Most platforms, including Spotify, allow me to add tags to my show and episodes to help categorize them and make them more discoverable. I will choose tags that accurately reflect the content and theme of my show and episodes, and use as many relevant tags as possible to increase my show’s visibility.

Write detailed and informative show notes and episode descriptions: Show notes and episode descriptions are an important way to provide context and information about my show and episodes. I will make sure to include relevant keywords in these descriptions, and provide a clear and concise overview of the content covered in each episode.

Promote my show on social media and other platforms: In addition to optimizing my show for discoverability on Spotify, I will also promote my show on social media and other platforms to drive more traffic and visibility. I will share links to my show and episodes, and encourage my followers to listen and share with their own networks.

Here is an example of how I could write show notes and episode descriptions for SEO and discovery on Spotify for “Near Chat with Chapo”:

Title: “Jump DeFi on NEAR Protocol: The Ultimate Guide to Swapping Tokens, Farming Crypto, and Staking NFTs”

Description: “Welcome to Jump DeFi on NEAR Protocol, where we discuss the latest tips and strategies for making the most of this exciting new platform. In this episode, we cover how to swap tokens, farm crypto, and stake NFTs on Jump DeFi, and share insights from industry experts on the latest trends and best practices. Tune in to learn everything you need to know about Jump DeFi and the NEAR ecosystem.”

Tags: NEAR, NEAR Protocol, Jump DeFi, NFTs, Jump tokens

Show Notes: "In this episode of Jump DeFi on NEAR Protocol, we delve into the exciting world of Jump DeFi, a new platform built on the NEAR protocol that allows users to swap tokens, farm crypto, and stake NFTs. We discuss how NEAR and Jump are partnering to bring new users to the NEAR ecosystem, and share insights from industry experts on the latest trends and best practices in the world of DeFi. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced DeFi enthusiast, this episode is packed with valuable information and resources to experience NEAR and Jump for yourself!

I will track the following KPIs (key performance indicators) to understand how well my show is performing and identify opportunities for growth:

Number of downloads: I will track the number of downloads to understand how many people are listening to my show. This KPI can help me identify any trends or changes in my audience and understand how well my show is performing.

Number of subscribers: I will track the number of subscribers to understand how many people are actively following my show and want to be notified when new episodes are released. This KPI can help me understand how well my show is retaining its audience and identify opportunities for growth.

Average listen time: I will track average listen time to understand how long people are listening to my show, and use this KPI as an indicator of engagement and interest. This can help me understand how well my show is holding people’s attention and identify any areas where I might need to improve my content.

Number of social media followers: I will track the number of followers I have on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to understand how well my show is resonating with people and identify opportunities for growth.

Number of reviews and ratings: I will track the number of reviews and ratings I receive to understand how well my show is being received by my audience and identify any areas where I might need to improve my content.

I checked out your previous episodes- nice work.
This sounds like a cool initiative. You have my support.

1 Like

Happy to support. Please remember to post a review when you complete your podcasts

1 Like

Thank you. I’m working hard to improve all aspects of what I am currently doing. I still have a lot to learn on the marketing side, but I will learn. There is no other option in my head.