[Approved] NEAR MEME DAILY Funding Request (June)

Hey @naveen_in – can you help me understand what the current request is for – your chart shows funding for March, April, May as received – what is the pending reward for those same months under June Adv Request? If you are requesting additional funding for past activities that have already been funding, can you explain the request? Thanks!

6 Likes

Hey @so608

Yes, this covers our previous months pending rewards($ 4082) along with the June Month Advance Request ($ 5350)
Previous Month Activities to be rewarded.

We are requesting for the additional funding of past activities because

1. Our DAO Treasury got reduced due to price change ( We received the funds with NEARUSDT: $16.23 and now it is $3.49 over the period of three months. At the time of writing the proposal it was $5.21.
  2. We have started MEME DAILY Russia for which we have never claimed the funds in past.
    For reference I am sharing the reward breakup we had claimed for India, Vietnam and Spanish Community earlier.
6 Likes

Hey @marketingdao-council kindly go through our request.

We have already received the support of 2 Marketing DAO Councils.

6 Likes

Good day @marketingdao-council , we know that tagging you so much is quite irritating but can someone atleast attend NMD proposal. We really valued your feedback please.?

4 Likes

I’m glad to be back of this amazing community…NMD is amazing!

3 Likes

the second month is coming , as NMD admins are sitting without a salary )
Of course , we are crypto enthusiasts , but you can 't explain it to an Internet provider :grin:

2 Likes

Hi Naveen,

I am unable to support this proposal as we are basically paying for the same work twice.

The NEAR Foundation has implemented measures to prevent this situation from arising:

1. Proposals are made in USD and either paid out in NEAR at the exchange rate of the day; or
  2. You are able to request payout in a range of stablecoins

Once a project receives the funds, ensuring the money is used as intended is solely the responsibility of the project. This includes making the necessary swaps to hedge against volatility.

It would be irrational to expect the community fund to absorb any losses while not getting any benefits from capital appreciation. Covering these losses would deter people from doig what they are meant to (deploys USD equivalent of funds) to maximise personal gain and at maximum liability to the DAO.

3 Likes

Its not only salary will affects. All funding related for rewards will affects , even so all delaying related cost of NMD collaborations will affects too. Not only that but also in Astro dao funds. The more delay the more our funds will be less because of price fluctuation… i hope they can see that situation going in here.

4 Likes

Hi Councils (@so608 and @Klint)!

• Kindly share your vote. We need 1 Vote for the approval and 2 Votes for the rejection.
  • Having a decision on this proposal will give us more clarity to move forward with the MEME DAILY guild activities.
  • I do accept the mistake for keeping our funds in $NEAR tokens rather than stable coins. As it was
    – the first time to receive the funds in advance for the upcoming months and
    – our meme activities are supported by rewarding daily tips in $NEAR
    were the reasons none of the member in our Team thought in that direction.
  • Last time I have supported the MEME DAILY activities for 3 Months (November-2021 to January-2022) from my personal funds before receiving the funds of November proposal at the end of January month.
    [Approved] NEAR MEME DAILY November Month Expense
  • This time it is going to be difficult for me to keep the momentum we have set. Right now we have 85.3K Impressions with 35K Account visits on MEME Daily Twitter for the past 28 days analytics.

Thanks

6 Likes

Hi Naveen,

We’ve discussed this case during today’s Council meeting. We are willing to approve the proposal just for the June amount 5350. Unfortunately we are not able to proceed with the retroactive pay for pay differential.

Let us know if this is an acceptable offer so we can proceed.

Also be mindful that we are in the process of reviewing our criteria and process for distributing community funds. We are encouraging all projects to diversify on sources of revenue where possible.

7 Likes

https://app.astrodao.com/dao/meme-daily-services.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/meme-daily-services.sputnik-dao.near-50

We are ready to accept the proposed amount of June Month. Revising the proposal amount to 5350.

4 Likes

The proposal has been revised. Kindly reconsider it.

4 Likes

Moving this to approved – thanks for revising the proposal. You can submit to Astro.

4 Likes

Thanks @marketingdao-council

Astro DAO proposal:

https://app.astrodao.com/dao/marketing.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/marketing.sputnik-dao.near-399

5 Likes

@marketingdao-council 13 Hours are left for our proposal to get expired. Please do consider it. We need one more vote for the approval.

5 Likes

The time expired for the previous approval.
Sharing the new Astro DAO Proposal.

https://app.astrodao.com/dao/marketing.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/marketing.sputnik-dao.near-415

Tag: @marketingdao-council

7 Likes

Congratulations!

The poll has now been passed by the Marketing DAO Council, you can proceed to pass KYC if you haven’t already and submit the payout request to the NEAR Foundation.

Follow this guide here for more information:

4 Likes

An active meme community inside NEAR, Awesome work. :muscle:

6 Likes