[Rejected] NEAR Meetup in University of Education Winneba Ghana ( updated)

i have been a strong beleiver in the Near protocol and i have been involved from the early days, i have also done volunteer work during the early days because my passion is in education.
i will like to continue to organize and host regular meetup events Across Ghana
on a monthly basis
OBJECTIVES
Stir up excitement about near protocol
point attendants to the resources /opportunities that they can take advantage of
engage and educate the students about near protocol and its use cases
feedback

METRICS
Feedback
creation and opening of near accounts/wallets
awareness
REQUIRED FUNDS BREAKDOWN
venue space - $320
Refreshments- $190
Giveaaway - $150
compensation for 2 people ( organizers) - 300
Total - $960
i am working towards having this event on the 16th of april.
i expect between 25-40 students in attendance
my volunteer works in the past can be found below
here and here
SOME IMPORTANT POINTS
Objective: awareness - how do you track that? What is your metric for that?
i beleive that a place where people gather and are educated about near protocol awareness has taken place, there will also be a call to action for the students to join the social channel of near, i and my colleague are also looking towards setting up either a telegram group or twitter channel , this will give us the opportunity to continue to tackle questions after the event and also grow the community.
Who are the students, how will you get them to your event?
for this event i am targeting students in general across the institution , it will not be a specific set of students , i am going to get them through the process i have used in the past, i and my colleague will go into the institution using word of mouth to invite as many as possible, then we will collect their contacts and few days to the event will send out reminders and also call them. i hope you guys took a look at the events i did in the past as a volunteer , during the early days of the guild program

What is the content of the event? Who will create it?
the content of the event will be divided into 3.
a. what blockchain technology is all about and journey from web2-web3: this so incase we have some people attending that know nothing about blockchain, this will brush and bring tthem up to speed ( 1 hr)
b. what is near protocol, an intro to near, will use this to teach about the near project and its ecosystem, the advantages and also simple use cases
c. account creation and options of where to buy and sell the token ( Cex and Dex) ( 1 hr 30 mins)
also i will be the one to create and present, i can also use available resources , there are lots of them already created

What is the giveaway plan?
those who create accounts both during or after the event will get atleast 4-5 usd worth of near tokens, those who also answer my questions correctly will be tipped as well.

Why not partner with the institution for free Space ?
partnering with an institution is a lengthy process and it has some significant costs that will be associated with it. as we continue to run events in these institutions then opportunities for partnerships will come.

Some benefits and lessons learnt from past volunteer work
partnering with an institution is a lengthy process and it has some significant costs that will be associated with it. as we continue to run events in these institutions then opportunities for partnerships will come.

thanks as i look forward @satojandro @so608
this is my first time of trying to access funds, please do guide me properly if there are still any concerns

1 Like

@marketingdao-council :blush:

There’s just not enough information on this one. It’s a no from me.

2 Likes

I agree with @Klint – we need proposals to be more detailed and to have a clear plan. For example:

• Objective: awareness - how do you track that? What is your metric for that?
  • Who are the students, how will you get them to your event?
  • What is the content of the event? Who will create it?
  • What is the giveaway plan?

Also, in my view, the requested budget is high given a quick survey of local costs/expenses. Do you have any supporting information to substantiate the numbers you’ve given? Why not partner with the university to use their space?

2 Likes

Good evening, could you please introduce yourself and your teammates?

Do you familiar with Near Ecosystem? Thank You :blush:

thanks for the feedback, i am well open to address any of your concerns

ANS- i beleive that a place where people gather and are educated about near protocol awareness has taken place, there will also be a call to action for the students to join the social channel of near, i and my colleague are also looking towards setting up either a telegram group or twitter channel , this will give us the oppurtunity to continue to tackle questions after the event and also grow the community.

ANS- for this event i am targeting students in general across the institution , it will not be a specific set of students , i am going to get them through the process i have used in the past, i and my colleague will go into the institution using word of mouth to invite as many as possible, then we will collect their contacts and few days to the event will send out reminders and also call them. i hope you guys took a look at the evnts i did in the past as a volunteer , during the early days of the guild program
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UuKElvkv_j2wVEjWm_BtbYEHWNauMk6i?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1T0JjZLDa6QFA8n0hioB9EyXje6ohM_t8?usp=sharing
i beleive the above events i did in the past is a proof that i am not new to near

ans- the content of the event will be divided into 3.
a. what blockchain technology is all about and journey from web2-web3: this so incase we have some people attending that know nothing about blockchain, this will brush and bring tthem up to speed ( 1 hr)
b. what is near protocol, an intro to near, will use this to teach about the near project and its ecosystem, the advantages and also simple use cases
c. account creation and options of where to buy and sell the token ( Cex and Dex) ( 1 hr 30 mins)
also i will be the one to create and present, i can also use available resources , there are lots of them already created

ANS- those who creat accounts both during or after the event will get atleast 4-5 usd worth of near tokens, those who also ansew my questions correctly will be tipped as well.

ANS- i think my budget is most reasonable , partnering with an institution is a lengthy process and it has some significant costs that will be associated with it. as we continue to run events in these institutions then opportunities for partnerships will come.
it is also important to note that there other little costs that i did not expressly mention. such as renting of projector, i will rent projector and in some case might have to pay people to clean and tidy up the venue of the event.
i beleive i have sufficiently answered your concerns, am very much open to answer any further questions from you or from the marketing dao council

hi @Dacha
i attached a proof of the event i did voluntarily in the early days of near guild program did you take a look at it yet? i am well versed about near protocol and its ecosystem . i have been away for a while now to set up agriculture related stuffs.
thanks a lot for your time

Could you please provide detailed estimate in Excel ? You can find great example here

Thanks

3 Likes

ok will work on it immediately

Hi Crown,

Thanks for your proposal. I like that you’ve done some volunteer work with the NEAR community before.

As some of my colleagues have mentioned, this proposal could really use more details and better defined metrics to get our support. Some thoughts:

• I’d like to get your thoughts on the benefits and lessons from the last two events.
  • Targeting students: what is the value proposition for people attending and who would be more likely to attend?
  • There are groups such as NEAR Hispano doing brilliant work around universities. NEAR Education has A LOT of resources both for students but specially to teachers. If you focus on up-skilling educators in the region this suddenly becomes 10x proposal (most likely would be eligible for funding by NEAR Education directly)
  • Two step framework - the event and all the marketing collateral that comes from it: media articles, blog posts, students sharing on twitter, etc. Events become great value for money when their reach goes way beyond the physical space and date.

Overall, I always like to get young ambitious people involved and universities seem like a great place to reach them. Looking forward to hear your thoughts and reconsider this once it has matured

1 Like

benefits include education, awareness , accounts/ wallets were opened , till date i still get call occasionally from people asking me one question or the other about near, all relating to the past voluntary events i did
lessons learnt is that consistency is the key , good to structure this events on a monthly basis also have a community to better manage and continue to grow

95 % of attendants would be students, while the remaining 5% can be lecturers/ teachers or intending students
students are more like an engine room that will drive adoption, from there we can also identify Developers and other valuable skills which will eventually contribute to near.

this is trues as i have looked at there work during their early days , i strongly believe i shuold start with this little grants then build up the work before approaching Near education Directly, if you think otherwise and you can guide me please do. i really do not know how difficult it is to access funding from the near education.

thanks as also look forward to hear from you again

I’ve looked at the spreadsheet and the funds requested there do not match the total at the top in the original proposal. I’m sure it’s just a small error.

But overall, when there’s a discussion like this on the forum, I think the proposal itself needs to be updated to incorporate detail and answers you’ve provided so the council is able to view the project as a whole. The proposal at the top does not show all the relevant information about what you are proposing to do, how you will do it and how you will show the outcome.

I think it’s important to do this not to create extra work, but to help you present your ideas and plan more comprehensively, an approach that will be important as you move forward pursuing more funding and projects in the future.

So currently, this proposal is a no for me. I would be happy to review it once revisions are made.

4 Likes

, do take a look at the updated proposal, thanks for your time

Good morning, sorry no from me.

1 Like

what are your reasons/concerns ?