[Closed] NEAR Liberty DAO Community Activation: A #HackTheFuture Side Event during ETH NYC, Sept 2023, New York

A NEAR TOMORROW: GRANT PROPOSAL

Group Name: Liberty DAO

Initiative Abstract:

We are seeking funding to support Liberty DAO in co-organizing a welcome event with Sparx Labs for ETH NYC in New York City, on Friday, September 22nd 2023. The primary goal of this event is to promote and showcase Blockchain Operating System (BOS) bounties, onboard new participants, and engage 100+ attendees in our mission of building a better future for the people of NYC. The event’s theme is #IgniteTheFuture, and we aim to inspire and support builders of all backgrounds to explore their own journey into web3, especially with the BOS.

Marketing Type: Real Life Events– The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.

Funding Scheme: One-time

Promise:

This event will establish Liberty DAO as a vessel for inspiring new members to not only join the BOS platform, but to feel motivated and supported in continuing their development there with the assurance that building on NEAR creates opportunity for growth, learning, and collaboration.

Before and beyond the event, we are offering team office hours, training programs, and team work sessions to amplify the efforts of projects of our members with inspired impact. In the long term we also hope to offer grants for projects.

We strive to facilitate knowledge exchange, foster cross-network partnership programs, and activate the community within the thriving New York blockchain ecosystem.

Proposal:

Our strategy involves leveraging the skills of our Liberty Leaders, who will aid in creating meaningful traction by:

(1) generating BOS native onboarding systems for Liberty DAO

(2) introducing the our community pages and projects building on BOS, and

(3) activating people to engage and contribute to the NEAR community, based on their interests

These systems will build on the highly reviewed community activation track record of Thom Brand, Randy Gomez, and Joanna Orlova, as well as the impressive work and reputation of our growing list of partners. This currently includes ShardDog, BUILD DAO, GreenPillNetwork, and Sparx Labs. Each of which are proving pivotal in creating a meaningful impact for the adoption of BOS as a means to solve real world problems.

Through these collaborative efforts, we plan to not only reach a wider audience, but to maximize their recognition of the Near network, and the immense resource of its BOS, components, and community.

The world premier of these efforts will be showcased during an event we are co-creating with #IgniteTheFuture, an exciting series being curated by Sparx Labs, who specializes in global event and impact programming surrounding emerging technology.

Upcoming events:

• Builders Brunch during ETH Toronto
  • Ignite the future Varsity Edition during ETH New York
  • Ignite the future during DevConnect

While at our event, attendees will be invited to utilize tools and components developed in partnership with Sharddog, and BOS Academy.

Metrics for Measuring Success

• new accounts created (NFTs dropped via ShardDog)
  • new BOS profiles created
  • new Liberty DAO followers
  • people who make their first BOS component
  • quality BOS components developed
  • hackathon project submissions for the NEAR bounties
  • Membership in every borough in the city
  • Accelerated engagement in the social feed

Budget:

Venue (Half day): $1000
Food + Beverage: $500

Venue Insurance: $200

Event Banner: $300

Video & photography: TBD
Event management: $1000

• 2 staffs total (20 hours total (Prep), 10 hours total (event) )
  • Total requested amount: $3000
6 Likes

Sounds like a great initiative, excited to see what come out of it!

NYC need more NEAR community activations

2 Likes

Good morning Elliot!

• How can the Community join Liberty DAO?
  • Does Liberty DAO part on NYC Near Community (Banyan)?
  • Please include information about specific numbers of new accounts, BOS profiles, components, roadmap for membership in each county
2 Likes

Hi @elliotBraem – thanks for the proposal – can you provide more information about LibertyDAO and its leadership?

I’m noting that this is your first post on the forum. Can you share your previous experience with NEAR? Thanks!

Awaiting response from proposer to questions from fellow council @elliotBraem

Hey, thanks for reading it!

Yes, absolutely. Although, I would like to share our charter – but because I’m a new member, I’m unable to share links on this platform. And if I could share links, I could show you activity among some of the most ambitious torch-bearers in NYC. :smile:

What I can do instead is share a roster of our core contributors, among them stewards and members:

External Relations & Community Management Committee
Thom Brand - Steward
Skills: Systems Design, Stakeholder management
Randy Gomez - Member
Current: Professor at Berkeley College
Alana Whitaker - Member
Current: Founder at Blue Collar to the Blockchain
Sharufa Walker - Member
Current: Founder at Welcome Home International
Jared Thompson - Member
Current: Ready Layer One & Co-founder of ShardDog
Wax NEAR - Member
Current: NEAR Influencer & Marketing DAO Contributor
Internal Operations & DAO Management
Joanna Orlova - Steward
Current: Community Manager of NEAR NYC at Banyan Collective
Former: Consultant at Management Solutions (Client: Santander Bank), Founder & Researcher at Early Childhood Institute
Skills: Project management, Community & Partner relations
Ecosystem Contributions: NEAR NYC, Liberty DAO
Development Committee
James Waugh - Steward
Current: Developer Relations at Banyan Collective
Skills: Javascript, BOS Development, conducting learning sessions
Ecosystem Contributions: Build DAO, Liberty DAO
Elliot Braem - Member
Current: Founder and Software Engineer at everything.dev
Skills: Javascript, BOS Development
Ecosystem Contributions: everything so far (notion.site)
Eddgie Plata - Member
Current: Data Engineer at Accenture
Skills: Python, BOS Development
Ecosystem Contributions: GitHub - DataBlock-Labs/DeSci-Block: Psi-Combinator Project
Tony Singh - Member
Current: Founder at Selene Labs
Skills: Js(react), Rust
Ecosystem Contributions: Liberty Dao Queens page

And this:

abstract

Liberty DAO is a collaborative support system for builders (developers, creators, educators, founders) doing work with local and global communities. The mission is to empower New Yorkers to reclaim ownership over their digital identity, enhance authentic physical connections, increase financial and technical literacy, and prepare for the next generation of technological evolution by educating and building tools on the Blockchain Operating System (BOS).

My personal experience with the NEAR community is relatively new, mainly since March when I first became an active developer on BOS (in this area I’m very engaged) – but prior to then, my first experience was NEAR Metabuild Hackathon Jan’ 2022 and then I was a Mintbase Grantee. I’ve since just been building and I intend to continue doing so! And so I’m very excited for this event. :computer: :boom:

But also for this reason, if it’s okay, I’m going to let a more qualified contributor answer your question Dacha, thank you for being patient.

@elliotBraem thank you for your proposal. Could you please re-apply with clear metrics on September 1st? Thank you very much!