[Approved] near indoor sports competition

NEAR INDOOR SPORT EVENT (FOR THE MONTH OF MAY)

Hello NEAR community!
It has been a great time moving around the ecosystem and gaining knowledge. Hence, it is time to expand and onboard matured and enthusiastic minds.
The aim of this event is to onboard Sport enthusiasts into the ecosystem and from hence, make ways into NFT.

This event has three stages

1. Registration stage (1 week) taking names of contestants
  2. Onboarding stage (Three days of teaching about NEAR/opening of wallets for contestant) Spectators will be allowed in during this stage too.
  3. Competition stage (Two weeks of matches/opening of wallet for spectators as gate pass)
    PASS FOR ENTRY BY SPECTATORS SHALL BE BY NEAR WALLETS. This means fans or spectators will gain entry into the halls to watch match by opening NEAR wallets. Opening of wallets shall be done by NEARDROP.

This event will span within a month in Sokoto state, Nigeria.
The Sporting events are only for sports as Badmiton, Table tennis, and lawn tennis. All sports are to be for singles and doubles.
ORDER OF MATCHES
. Badminton: (SINGLES) A knockout play between 16 players
(DOUNBLES) A knockout play between 8 teams
. Table Tennis (Only singles) knockout play between 16 players
. Lawn Tennis (only Singles) knockout play between 16 players

FUND REQUIREMENTS
Branded Jersey with NEAR logo for 56 players- - - - - $300
Renting of sports centre for Competition- - - - - - $267
Publication (Printing of Flex banner (4)- - - - - - $80
balls/shuttles for competition- - - - - - - - $100
PRIZES FOR WINNERS
Badminton (singles)- - - - - - - - - $100 in NEAR
(Doubles)-- - - - - - - - $200 in NEAR
Table Tennis (singles) - - - - - - - - $100 in NEAR
Lawn tennis (singles) – - - - - – - $100 in NEAR
Compensation for Sport Officials (3)- – - - - - - $300 in NEAR
20 NEAR for 130+NEARDROP account fee/gas fee
TOTAL- - - - - - - - - $1,547 + 20 NEARNEAR INDOOR SPORT EVENT (FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL)

Hello NEAR community!
It has been a great time moving around the ecosystem and gaining knowledge. Hence, it is time to expand and onboard matured and enthusiastic minds.
The aim of this event is to onboard Sport enthusiasts into the ecosystem and from hence, make ways into NFT.

This event has three stages

1. Registration stage (1 week) taking names of contestants
  2. Onboarding stage (Three days of teaching about NEAR/opening of wallets for contestant) Spectators will be allowed in during this stage too.
  3. Competition stage (Two weeks of matches/opening of wallet for spectators as gate pass)
    PASS FOR ENTRY BY SPECTATORS SHALL BE BY NEAR WALLETS. This means fans or spectators will gain entry into the halls to watch match by opening NEAR wallets. Opening of wallets shall be done by NEARDROP.

This event will span within a month in Sokoto state, Nigeria.
The Sporting events are only for sports as Badmiton, Table tennis, and lawn tennis. All sports are to be for singles and doubles.
ORDER OF MATCHES
. Badminton: (SINGLES) A knockout play between 16 players
(DOUNBLES) A knockout play between 8 teams
. Table Tennis (Only singles) knockout play between 16 players
. Lawn Tennis (only Singles) knockout play between 16 players

FUND REQUIREMENTS
Branded Jersey with NEAR logo for 56 players- - - - - $300
Renting of sports centre for Competition- - - - - - $267
Publication (Printing of Flex banner (4)- - - - - - $80
balls/shuttles for competition- - - - - - - - $100
PRIZES FOR WINNERS
Badminton (singles)- - - - - - - - - $100 in NEAR
(Doubles)-- - - - - - - - $200 in NEAR
Table Tennis (singles) - - - - - - - - $100 in NEAR
Lawn tennis (singles) – - - - - – - $100 in NEAR
Compensation for Sport Officials (3)- – - - - - - $300 in NEAR
20 NEAR for 130+NEARDROP account fee/gas fee
TOTAL- - - - - - - - - $1,547 + 20 NEAR

Wallet id: mcclins.near

@marketingdao-council
@Dacha

6 Likes

Good evening, happy to support your proposal.

• Would be great to share subtotal results/ charts of the competition here;
  • Print on t-shorts the players’ wallets;
  • Share results of the competition on Medium.
    Thanks
5 Likes

Of course leaderboard, pictures and wallets of players/spectators will all be provided.

4 Likes

Aha!
Met you at OWS mentorship program. It’s great seeing you want to contribute in this manner.
Wish you luck as the council looks into your proposal.
:heart_decoration:

5 Likes

Thanks sir, I’m honoured.

3 Likes

Hi Clinton,

Thanks for your proposal. I note that you are an active community member, it is always good to see people upping their involvement.

Regarding this proposal;

• I’ve given some thought to the Customer Journey / User Experience from the point of view of a person participating in a sporting event. Seems like having three days of tech lectures is a little bit forced, likely to result in a boring experience for someone who just wants to play sports.
  • From the point of view of the NEAR ecosystem; sporting events seem to be far too removed in my opinion to be eligible for funding. This is both due to the type of customer segment (not much overlap between people who want to play sports and people who want/need blockchain solutions or who can become developers).

In its current form, I am unable to support this proposal.

1 Like

Hello @satojandro !
Thanks for all you pointed out.
Three days for teaching doesn’t mean exactly all ours of the days will be used. The three days is to help give us a grasp to ensure that we have passed a good message about the ecosystem to the audience rather than just gather them to come play sports and go home.

Sorry not to include that this sports centre is within a University and will draw attention of educated 18+
Also, the fact that a person does sport doesn’t mean they can’t have tangible experience/contributions to the ecosystem, hence the initial days of education.

…btw, the sporting event is A BAIT to capture the people’s attention. I hope this is able to explain and help create understanding.

2 Likes

This sounds like a fun overall experience… but it doesn’t very easily show how this will generate interest in Near or what will lead people to use Near regularly. It’s a no from me.

3 Likes

Hello @Klint !
Thanks for your words. If you look clearly, a scheduled three days for teaching before the competition begins, and all rewards are to be awarded in NEAR. This means competitors will have to own a NEAR wallet to participate.

Also, gate pass for viewers is having a NEAR wallet.

With these laid down, we are sure of onboarding into the ecosystem.

Also, having been part of the Open Web Sandbox, I plan on a link with the guild to keep the hands of those onboarded in the ecosystem.

1 Like

Hello @Klint!
I think this part of the proposal gives the idea behind the event. To use what people like to do as bait and get them onboard.

…that’s if I am on the same page with @Clinton

2 Likes

Yes sir, you’re right​:100:

2 Likes

Hi @Clinton – Thanks for your proposal. I think a project using NEAR wallets to introduce POA-style access passes to your community is interesting. You mentioned NFTs at the top of the proposal. Will there be an actual NFT pass to access the events or is entrance granted to anyone with an open wallet?

I think sports fans and web3 are very compatible. I don’t see any issue there. What I would ask is that you update the proposal with:

• Projected date for the event
  • What is the venue
  • Are there any other team members who will be helping that are also part of the NEARverse?
  • Can you confirm this is an event/tournament for 18+ participants (we are not able to fund youth projects)

Also agree with @dacha I’d like to see an article about the event and results on Medium or another public channel.

4 Likes

Hello!
The idea of NFT is for going forward. Where ‘HOT’ moments during the event will be shot and made NFTs.

All players must open wallets through the NEARDROP links, also for spectators, they can continually have access to watch the games only by having a NEAR wallet. This mean, we continue onboarding process till event is over.

• The event is set to begin 5th of May, 2022 after the Public Holiday in Nigeria.
  • The venue is at the Indoor Sport Centre at Sokoto State University.
  • I will be working with @Dahvie @realfavourchris
  • The school indoor sports isn’t for under aged as only lecturers and University Students play sports in there.
3 Likes

Do you mean after the event or before the event.

After the event, we are going to make all event happenings available for public consumption and also make videos of matches

2 Likes

Hi Wonderful proposal, Ready to support and make this come into fruition

2 Likes

Sounds interesting, would love to see the outcome of this.

2 Likes

With the timeline you have given, i hope to see your success if this proposal passes through.

We have a few events happening without a timeline and disappearing into thin air.

2 Likes

Thanks for supporting sir

@marketingdao-council if they are more questions about the proposal I’ll be glad to answer…the competition is supposed to kick-start after public holiday which is starting on the 5th of April.