[Proposal] Near Indonesia Meetup - Chapter Jakarta

Hi NEAR Community,

We are Near Indonesia Guild, we have a mission to encourage the adoption of blockchain technology using Near Protocol in Indonesia. Potentially, by early 2022 there are nearly 10 million crypto digital asset investors in Indonesia.

However, we want this number to be accompanied by an increase in users who understand and can contribute as creators, developers and business owners in the blockchain technology and ecosystem.

As the number of members and interest in the NEAR ecosystem increases, we plan to hold an offline gathering as an event to strengthen bonds with fellow members. Another plausible reason is because there are many member bases in Jakarta and around.

This is the first step to embracing members which consisting of several backgrounds such as traders, NFT artists, IT engineers and crypto enthusiasts so that they can contribute, explore brilliant ideas related to the development of the NEAR Indonesia guild and the NEAR Protocol ecosystem.

Here is our proposal in detail:

1. GOALS AND OBJECTIVES

• Introduce Near Indonesia Guild in Jakarta
  • Introduction between members to know each other (especially in Jakarta region)
  • Discuss about NEAR Ecosystem, by inviting the key speakers who are experts in their fields in building platforms on the NEAR ecosystem
  • Collect feedbacks and explore ideas together and discuss about what can we do next for guild development and spreading info about Near

2. EXPECTED OUTCOME (Impact)

• Create awareness about NEAR Indonesia Guild and NEAR Protocol ecosystem in Jakarta and Indonesia
  • Increase the number of guild member and NEAR enthusiast in Jakarta
  • Exposure to local and even national media about Near Procotol and Near Indonesia Guild existence
  • Explore possibilities or alternative activities that we never thought of before for ecosystem development in Jakarta, Indonesia, powered by NEAR

3. METRICS TO MEASURE SUCCESS

• we expect there will be more than 20 people will attend
  • 100% of participants will create NEAR Wallet
  • Increase traffic on our Social Media Platforms
  • Guild member introducing guild and Near Protocol to their close relation
  • Guild member can participate in developing the guild, be actively involved in the next event
  • new dedicated moderators for each categories in Discord and Telegram Groups : NFTs sub-category, Dev sub-category, Traders sub-category

4. REACH

We expect the project will reach:

• more than 20 guild members will attend
  • reach >1000 people through online promotion on Guild member’s social media
  • reach >5000 people through Near Indonesia Guild social media channel by posting and reporting about this activity and also with the help of local media coverage

bonus : we expect some members will asked to invite potential/ valuable members to participate in this event

5. TARGET AUDIENCE

• Token HODLer / NEAR enthusiast
  • Artists
  • NFT Collectors
  • Partners
  • Developers
  • Near Indonesia members

6. WHERE?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Possible location :

1. Cecemuwe Cafe and Space - Senayan (TBC) - min. Order**
  2. Impact Hub Jakarta - Kuningan (TBC) - space rent**

7. WHEN?

Date/Time : It will be held at the end of January (around 29/30 January 2022)

8. COSTS?

• Travel Budget for @derymars and @agungdjs (Palembang-Jakarta PP @2 Person) = 325 USD
  • Rent projector - 35 USD for 1 event
  • Rent space @ 3.5 hours - (free w/ minimal order)
  • meal and snacks for 30 people @ 8 usd = 240 USD
  • merchandise/souvenir for dedicated members and Quiz winners: 10 t-shirts @ 10 USD = 100 USD
  • printout indoor banner (backdrop) and 2 standing banners : 30 USD

Additional

• Media Coverage @ 3-5 media = 200 USD
    (media preference : dailysocial / bisnis.com / blockchainmedia.id / brilio.net / kontan)

• Documentation & Video editing = 175 USD

Total Budget Requested : 1,105 USD

UPDATE 15 Jan 2022

for venue fees, the minimum order is not valid for events more than 1 hour, so we set the Near Meetup location at ImpactHub Jakarta

UPDATE 25 Jan 2022

For some reason, we rescheduled the event to be held on the second or third week of February 22

Thank you for the guidance of @jlwaugh so that we can make this proposal, We are open to suggestions and input. Cheers!

4 Likes

Hey!

This funding proposal is covered in the MarketingDAO proposal below, right?

1 Like

Hi David @David_NEAR

after considering a few things further, maybe Near Indonesia will collaborate with the Near Meetup project for this gathering event, so the proposal in MarketingDAO as we mentioned in Marketing Activities for Near Indonesia Guild will be revised

1 Like

Ok cool, can you please revise the post, or make a comment there, to prevent the possibility of this being paid out twice? Thanks!

1 Like

Done, please check the revision :wink:

1 Like

Hi there! Thank you very much for sharing the opportunity. I want to make sure that we focus on education and learning together, as our community develops the available content resources / programming + strategies to give context in open discussions.

A few questions:

Who are you inviting to speak at this meetup? Considering it is only a few weeks away, I’d suggest prioritizing that now. I’m here to help!

Have you considered growing a local community near where you from, Palembang?

The merch and banner would need to be ordered ASAP, so I’d like to move this forward. I really appreciate you taking the time to speak with me, and I’d say we are building trust. Let’s make sure to establish a cadence of updates / reports from your guild.

I’m excited to support! Curious to find out more about those additional media coverage opportunities you mentioned. Since you’re budgeting for video production, I’d like to get more involved. What do you hope attendees will get in terms of new and improved understanding?

2 Likes

Who are you inviting to speak at this meetup? Considering it is only a few weeks away, I’d suggest prioritizing that now. I’m here to help!

Because we are talking about the ecosystem at NEAR, of course it must be from speakers who actually build on the NEAR Protocol. We have these guys on the list who actually Paras dev team: (Riqi/Ahnaf/Irfi and also Edo who didn’t mentioned on that list) and fyi we have met them in person and they are happy to help! :heart_eyes:

Have you considered growing a local community near where you from, Palembang?

Yeah you are right, but we prioritize holding events in Jakarta because the speakers and members are mostly in the Jakarta and surrounding areas. Maybe after this, we will move to Palembang :laughing: (Fyi I used to work in Jakarta for 5 years, lived and settled there)

The merch and banner would need to be ordered ASAP, so I’d like to move this forward. I really appreciate you taking the time to speak with me, and I’d say we are building trust. Let’s make sure to establish a cadence of updates / reports from your guild.

For banner, I guesstimate will be completed within 3 working days. And for t-shirts, it will be finished within 5-7 days (I have a reliable business partner to tackle this one).

I’m excited to support! Curious to find out more about those additional media coverage opportunities you mentioned. Since you’re budgeting for video production, I’d like to get more involved.

For media coverage it will be more inclined towards press release. With that amount of budget, I think from those options, there are about 3 media that can cover our press release.

The video output we expect is a collage of documentation with a cinematic view, with a duration of 2-5 minutes which summarizes the whole event. There is also testimony video from the participants inside!

These are the simple examples to visualize:

If you have any suggestion about the video, we really want to hear it from you~

What do you hope attendees will get in terms of new and improved understanding?

Honestly, I really love this question!

there are several things we want (in participant perspective):

1. A sense of friendship between fellow members NEAR Indonesia so that they can get to know each other and collaborate on future events. We hope that in the future some of them will be actively involved as organizers too

2. They come to understand that the “NEAR” they think before is not only about airdrops, buying and selling coin and NFT trading, but there is a greater value behind this. We are not talking about temporary benefits, but the potential for cool things that can be built through blockchain technology on the Near Protocol. It’s about the future!

3. They must understand the position of the Near Indonesia guild is just as a facilitator, but they can freely collaborate in the Near Protocol ecosystem, be actively involved in several DAOs, we even hope that some of them are interested in starting a business in the blockchain field and start building a platform on NEAR!

4. They will believe this is a promising future technology, a new breakthrough in the web3/4 era and also They will have big desire to helps promote NEAR Protocol to their close friend and their relation.

2 Likes

Thank you for such generously informative answers!

2 Likes

Okay cool! So what should we do after this? :smiley:

I’ve reached out in a direct message to process your invoice, which should include your legal entity address or a person that is responsible. We need full name, address, phone number, and country of residence.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey @jlwaugh I have sent the invoice through DM

there is a slight change about the venue fee, and I will update it on main proposal
thanks

*update 25/01/2022

Hello everyone! For some reason, we rescheduled the NEAR Meetup in Jakarta.
It is planned to be held on the weekend of the second or third week of February

Thank you! Have a good day!