[Approved] NEAR HO CHI MINH CITY Meet Up

Hello beloved community

My name is William X, currently a project manager of the Open Web Sandbox & council of @CommunityDAO. With recent great initiatives in the Near Ecosystem, I find it’s time to propose a NEAR MEET in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. This will be an opportunity for Vietnamese who are working within the ecosystem to meet up, discuss & share values, at the same time spread the fire & encourage those who are interested in evolving to the NEAR ecosystem to participate. This meet up, with a modest scale, will be a step for me & other Vietnamese fellows to kick off potential collaboration & hopefully onboard more Vietnamese people working with us.

1. GOALS AND OBJECTIVES

• Introducing Vietnamese Community Manager Group (CM NEAR Vietnam)

• Cross discussing

• 3 sharing topics:

• Working experience: An Open Discussion (leading by @HaiVu CM Near VN)
    • Near Insider’s DAO/GUILD graduation journey (@near.insider)
    • Partnership Calling: The Open Web Sandbox Pitch Deck (@williamx)
  • Brainstorm ideas for future Meetup events and cross-collaboration opportunities

2. EXPECTED OUTCOME

• Create awareness about CM NEAR Vietnam group. A group dedicated to any Vietnamese working inside of Near ecosystem to open discussion, catch up with latest events, and propose partnership opportunities
  • Mutual understanding about different roles/projects/internal workflow of the ecosystem through sharing topics
  • Create direct awareness about the partnership opportunity with OWS

3. METRICS TO MEASURE SUCCESS

• Minimum 20 people attend
  • New members to join CM NEAR Vietnam Group (Now has 10)
  • Plan for 1 Follow-up NEAR meets event
  • Create a strong bond among community moderators
  • Potentially a partnership to be proposed

4. PLANNED TOPICS:

• Introduce Vietnamese community managers from different projects of the NEAR ecosystem

• Sharing #1: Working experience: An Open Discussion (Mr. Hai, CM Near VN)

• Sharing #2: Near Insider’s DAO/GUILD graduation journey (Near Insider)

• Sharing #3: Open Web Sandbox – Pitch deck, Partnership opportunities & open call for projects/guilds requests (William X, Project Manager of the Open Web Sandbox)

• Follow-up discussion about Community DAO & call to join

5. REACH & TARGET AUDIENCE

20+ attendees

This event is designed to meet up with Vietnamese working in the Near Ecosystem and those who are interested in working with us. Anyone who is interested to be a part of human resources inside the Near Ecosystem is invited.

6. WHERE?

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Possible location: Sunwah INNO (Golden House, Sunwah Pearl, 90 Nguyễn Hữu Cảnh, P. 22, Q. Bình Thạnh, Hồ Chí Minh)

7. WHEN?

Date/Time: 8:30am-11:30am GMT+7 02/04/2022 (or 09/04/2022)

8. COSTS:

Total: $650

Wallet: williamxx.near

BREAKDOWN:

• Venue: $150 for 3 hours

SUNWAH INNO (Golden House, Sunwah Pearl, 90 Nguyễn Hữu Cảnh, P. 22, Q. Bình Thạnh, Hồ Chí Minh)

(49m2 room for 20-25 people/U shape setting/devices included)

• Tea break: $5/person x 20 = $100
  • Honoraria for organizer: $200 (This will be used to cover my travel expense from my hometown Dak Lak province to Ho Chi Minh city, otherwise I’ll need to use my own pocket money to organize it)
  • Design & printing cost for standees/slides: $50
  • Gift for attendees (each receives a NEAR cup): $150 (Will calculate the actual cost and reimburse the surplus)

This is my first attempt to take an initiate with a forum proposal since I worked for OWS and knew more about the ecosystem. Any feedback/ideas or suggestions for me to complete this is highly appreciated. Thank you community.

18 Likes

This is a great initiative and I look forward to it’s success.

5 Likes

I also have the ambition to gather people & make a Local City SubDAO of Community. Let’s see if we have enough traction & engagement to do that in the very near future.

3 Likes

Great! Proud Vietnam “Vietnam Vo Dich :)”

4 Likes

Great job! Fully support you :muscle:

4 Likes

Thanks for helping me move subcategory btw :innocent:

2 Likes

It’s great! Thanks @williamx for the proposal! :beers:
While working here for a while, this gonna be the 1st chance for me to meet all the people face to face! :grin:

2 Likes

This is great! @MktngDAO_Advisors

1 Like

Agree! Love to see in person events around the world, this is a no brainer :100:

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I’ll wait for the status of my proposal to be updated, hope we can organize it on time as planned.

Good evening! Your proposal was Approved on the forum.
Please, follow these steps

3 Likes

Great! appreciate your guide! Thank you

2 Likes

Followinging the guide, I have submitted a poll on Marketing Astroo DAO. Thanks @marketingdao-council for consideration

https://app.astrodao.com/dao/marketing.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/marketing.sputnik-dao.near-214

2 Likes

I wish you many success @williamx in this initiative!
Very well presented! I will take it as a model to my future proposals :wink:

2 Likes

Poll expires in 24 hours, pls consider voting @marketingdao-council. By the way, I haven’t been contacted after the KYC, is there any person in charge or any channel to confirm the process is still going well?

1 Like

If there’s an issue with it, someone will reach out. Once the poll is approved then you’ll receive a docusign link for the agreement to receive NEAR. Should be all good atm, just needs approving.

3 Likes

Hi, the poll for this proposal will expire in 30 minutes, I have tried many times to contact other @marketingdao-council.

Tagged council 1 day before the expiration day, sent a direct message before 3 hours, everything I could do. Should I know what else do I need to perform to get my poll approved?

1 Like

Hi @williamx It has been approved – please reach out if you run into any additional issues.

2 Likes

Dear @so608, Thank you, appreciate your confirmation.

[REPORT] NEAR HO CHI MINH MEET-UP

Hereby is the report for Near Ho Chi Minh Meet-up

Dear community, Near Meet Ho Chi Minh was successfully organized on 09th April, 2022, which connected representatives of projects inside & outside Near Ecosystem.

Metrics reflection:

Actual Topics

We talked for 3 hours, with the actual agenda as follow:

Actual Costs:

The actual cost basically aligns with the approved proposal. 1 change made:

We couldn’t set up a catering service due to the limited budget that I have proposed ($100). Hence, this amount was combined to the swag for attendees with each pack including (1) NEAR cup & (1) NEAR Coffee Filter. ($10/pack x 25 pack = $250)

Acknowledgement

The meet was successfully created an opportunity for Near enthusiasts to meet and share.

Special thanks to

@jlwaugh for your guidance & support on creating this Meet Up

Mr. @HaiVu with his sharing about Project opps - an introduction to NEAR granting program

The 2 projects that have been successfully granted by NF are Up-Fi Network and Pawn Protocol, with the sharing about their journey & experience for interested outside projects & potential partners.

@near.insider, a winner of DAOcubator with the talk about their journey with NEAR

The meet hadn’t been a successful event without the support of the community, councils & advisors of @marketingdao-council, projects, guilds, DAOs and all participants. We had a great meet-up!

Full Driver Pictures of the Ho Chi Minh Near Meet event 09/04/2022 (Valid for 6 months from now on)

Last word, the budget for photographers wasn’t proposed in this proposal. To have those beautiful pictures, the media team was sponsored by Cointap.Network, an outside project that is interested to learn more about NEAR)

9 Likes