[APPROVED] NEAR German December / January 2023

Hi NEARs

Hi @marketingdao-council

We have already submitted the Marketing DAO funding application form, now I create the Governance forum proposal.

Since November 2021 we are growing a NEAR community for the German-speaking area (Germany, Austria and Switzerland). Our community exists on Telegram, on Twitter, and on Medium. You can see some facts about our activities and some statistics in our latest report.

Previous reports and proposals: Profile - cryptoheitzi - NEAR Forum

Our social media channels:

1. GOALS & ACTIVITIES

• In the next two months we will focus on Social Media Management and Content creation. We will resume our work on Telegram, Twitter and Medium. Our main goal is to reactivate our users to believe in the future of NEAR.
  • Twitter: We will share daily the latest news within the NEAR ecosystem on our Twitter account.
  • Telegram: The main goal in our Telegram group is to reactivate our users and to increase the engagement again.
  • Giveaways: To reach a good engagement in our social media channels again we are planning small promotions. On Telegram we are planning an activity contest where the most active users get rewards for their engagement. On Twitter we are planning small giveaways to increase the engagement and to attract new users.
  • We want to translate/write articles (4 per month) of the NEAR ecosystem in German and present these articles to our community through our Medium account. We think it’s important that there is some high-quality content in the German language to engage more German people for the NEAR ecosystem.

2. REACH

Till end of January, we are expecting to reach:

• Active Telegram group with 1400-1600 members
  • Active Twitter account with 800-1000 followers
  • Latest news within the NEAR ecosystem shared in our community
  • 8 (4 per month) articles about NEAR in German Language

3. COSTS AND METRICS

Social Media → Promotion/Distribution → Twitter:

• Task: Share daily news on Twitter about the NEAR ecosystem
  • KPIs : Amount of posts, increase followers, tweet impressions,
  • Metrics: 1-3 daily news, +300 new followers on Twitter (550 → 850 followers), 5000+ tweet impressions
  • Budget : 800 USDT

Social Media → Community Channels → Telegram:

• Task: Support community members 24/7, share daily news within the NEAR ecosystem, activity contest, small giveaways to increase group activity
  • KPIs : increase group members, amount of daily messages, high contest participation
  • Metrics: +300 new members on Telegram (1100 → 1400 members), average 100 daily messages, 50+ contest participations
  • Budget : 1600 USDT

Social Media → Others → Giveaways:

• Task: Giveaways on Twitter to increase followers and impressions
  • KPIs : Increase followers on Twitter, increase tweet impressions
  • Metrics: +300 new followers on Twitter (550 → 850 followers), +3000 more Tweet impressions (2000 → 5000 impressions)
  • Budget: 200 USDT

Social Media → Others → Contest:

• Task: Telegram activity contest to increase engagement on Telegram
  • KPIs : amount of activity contests, increase daily messages on Telegram, increase members on Telegram, high contest participation
  • Metrics: 2 activity contests, +100 more daily messages (average), +300 new members (1100 → 1400 members), 50+ contest participations
  • Budget : 300 USDT

Content → Writing → Guide:

• Task: Write/translate 8 articles about the Near ecosystem
  • KPIs : amount of articles, engagement on the articles
  • Metrics : 8 German articles, 10+ likes and comments on our Social Media channels (Twitter, Telegram, Medium)
  • Costs: 880 USDT

Total Costs for December and January 3780 USDT

We understand the current difficult market situation. Therefore we don’t request funding for November and have reduced our monthly budget significantly and have focused on the most important activities (Content creation and Social Media)

4 Likes

Hello, @cryptoheitzi could you please split the total budget for each category?

For example

Content → Writing → guide > $400 / KPIs, goals, metrics
Social media → Twitter → $400 / KPIs, goals, metrics/
Etc.

And exclude not supported categories.

Thank you!

Hi @Dacha i have edited the proposal and splitted the total budget for each category

1 Like

Ok. Thank you for your proposal. Happy to support!

2 Likes

Hi @cryptoheitzi

Can you elaborate on the types of contests and giveaways you’re creating on your channel?
These are great ways to boost the number of followers and engagement, the big challenge is getting people to actively engage in the near ecosystem and its projects.

2 Likes

Thanks for your proposal and patience,

I would be interested to learn more about:

• Number NEAR projects are based in Germany/Austria/Switzerland?
  • Number Germany/Austria/Switzerland based participants in MetaBuidl hackathon?
  • Number of Germany/Austria/Switzerland based participants completing NEAR learning pathways?
  • Relationship with local crypto communities - has NEAR Germany/Austria/Switzerland held Meetups? (even if funding for this now fall under Events team at NF)
  • Relationship with Universities, etc.
1 Like

Hi @Klint

thank you for taking your time to assess our proposal.

We are planning to do giveaways like a Follow, RT and Tag 3 friends contest. This will increase the number of our community members. Then we are planning to do activity contests in our Telegram group where the most active users are rewarded for their engagement. This will increase the engagement.
According to our experience the activity contest is a good method to have a high activity without high costs.

An example of our work is the Aurora German community
Telegram: Telegram: Contact @Aurora_Deutsch
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Aurora_Deutsch

There, the community is very active, there are many constructive discussions about the Aurora ecosystem.

Regarding this point we create partnerships with Near ecosystem projects. So that our users get to know the whole ecosystem and see the possibilities to engage within the Near ecosystem.

Hi @satojandro

Thanks for your questions.

To be able to provide numbers we would need tracking tools. I think there is a potential for such tracking tools because these are interesting KPIs.
I think the Near Foundation can extract some numbers because they should have the data (in compliance with data protection regulations).
An example would be the Near Foundation Funding Team Reports where you can see that there are some projects from the German-speaking area. (Examples: NEAR Foundation Funding Team Report: September 2022 – NEAR Protocol, NEAR Foundation Funding Team Report: October 2022  – NEAR Protocol)
From our side I can say that we have Blockchain developers in our community, they have asked about Near Developer Courses, Hackathons and Grants funding. We have explained them the possibilites to engage within the Near ecosystem and provided them with contacts and materials they need (including some German content).

Yes, we have contacts to other German crypto communities. We have already made partnerships with some of them for Near Protocol (German community of Binance, German community of Gateio, Bitcoin2Go etc).
We were also part of a Near Blockchain Hackathon in Vienna, Austria in May where we have represented our community. You can check out our activities in my reports. (Profile - cryptoheitzi - NEAR Forum)

We have contacts to universities. We have applied for a Grant to host a Blockchain Academy with a German university in July. The Grants team referred us to the Marketing Dao. We haven’t applied again because of the difficult market situation and the funding limit of $10k.

As I have stated in my proposal above we have reduced the budget significantly due to the market conditions. Our goal is to resume with our work, reactivate our community, get the motivation back and convince them to believe in the future of Near.
Then we can add further tasks like Meet-Ups, Hackathons, Blockchain Academies etc.

1 Like

Hi @cryptoheitzi – thanks for the proposal, responses to the council’s questions and willingness to take market conditions and feedback into account.

I think the budget you’re proposing for the work is reasonable. I’m curious how you choose and prioritize what you translate – and what the sources for the information are. It’s important I think to be translating the best content, content with high accuracy and great educational information. Can you share anything about your process for selecting content for translation?

I can support this proposal for the requested time period and look forward to seeing your report in February if this is approved (I believe you still need support from another council member at this point).

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed response,

I am happy to support this proposal.

I apologise for the constant changes and bouncing you around. This would now fall under the Events category, we can refer you to @yadira at the NF to follow up (Events funding is separate from Grants).

As proposal has received support from three council members, moving to approved.