[APPROVED] NEAR Design Guild Funding for JAN 2022

The NEAR Design Guild was created in July 2021 after an invite from @Grace to join the Near Ecosystem. The idea is to be an open space for creatives from multiple areas of expertise, provide design services to projects being developed by the greater NEAR community and bring opportunities to others talents in the space.

I am a Lead Designer together with @alanborger. We’ve been involved with Administrative duties, community feedback, jobs proposals but mostly our approach have been hands-on in our daily work regarding the design flow that comes in.

Our Discord: https://discord.com/invite/44qJ9ftWbW
Our Twitter: https://twitter.com/NEARDesignGuild
Our Telegram: https://t.me/neardesignguild

Selected works from our Portfolio:

I’m new to the space, so please let me know if i’m going in a different direction here. Or if you have any inputs on this. :slight_smile:

Here’s our proposal:

• Guild: Near Design Guild

• Guild Leaders/Lead designers (@jujusca, @alanborger ) $800 in Near

• Accounts Manager and Business Development (@zubairansari07) $600 in Near

• Community Manager (@kc_sollano) : $400 in Near

• Proposed Funding for professional Design Services: $3.200 in Near
    The Fund will cover the costs of design services to be done for other guilds and projects in the Near Ecosystem:
    This includes a prediction of 8 target projects covering Design work like Branding, Logo design, Visual Identity Kit, Social media kit, banners, UX/UI, Illustrations. (Since the Design work is a creative process based in constant collaboration we can assume that each project’s specs & deliverables will be handled individually).

In case we don’t get the targeted projects, we will use the remaining funds in next month’s budget. And if the number exceeds we will allocate to a new proposal.

Total Funding Proposed for January 2022: $5000 IN $NEAR ~ 490,19 $NEAR (Price $10,20 while writing) - updated the Near Price

NDG wallet: designguild.near

We’ve created the proposal in AstroDAO as requested by @jlwaugh

Thank you!

9 Likes

Hello!
Can you help in designing a piece for us at 9ja Musical?

Thank you so much for the introduction, the services of the Design Guild are a great benefit for the ecosystem imo. The funding would cover the costs for you to collaborate with the other DAOs?

I’ll leave 2 guides in here which might be helpful :slight_smile:

• how to apply for funding to the Creatives DAO
  • reward for Guild facilitation (30% max.), as your mentioned value is higher than the 30%, from what I can see here

As for this: the Creatives DAO funding usually does not cover work that has already been done. A Guild requests the funding first for the projects and once approved will start working on them.

Do you already have collaborations for January confirmed? Generally the projects should already be listed in the new funding request so it is visible where the funds go to.

Just tagging the remaining @creativesdao-council in here to also leave a comment :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey @IgbozeIsrael thanks for reaching out. Can you DM in Discord? Or post a request there? Thank you!

Thank you so much @tabear for the feedback and the clarification. We haven’t had any kind of funding from the start. We were just working with one project at the time.
I’m talking to the team and we will restructure the proposal.
We will get back to you with the answer for the key points you asked us here and the updated proposal. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perfect, thank you for the understanding, looking forward seeing what your plans will be! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @tabear. We’ve updated the Proposal here based in your inputs and following the general guidelines. Let us know if this is go to go, or if there’s anything else we are missing. Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!

1 Like

Hi @tabear , As Jujusca said, We can’t predict the name of projects that we will be doing but we can give the no. of target projects i.e. updated in the proposal now.

• NEAR Ecosystem is too big and it’s growing every passing day, We will be providing our services to any of the projects from NEAR Eco, that will be in need of branding & designs.

• Currently many guilds/projects are posting bounties for all kind of design services from Logos, Branding to UI & Video Content, This creates confusion. We will be a dedicated hub to come for these needs.
    They don’t need to pay themselves, they can just come to us and we will provide the designs because this proposed budget will cover it.

This will be organized way in NEAR Ecosystem for Designs, Branding & UI/UX designs etc.

Thanks! :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks again for the clarification Tabear. We didn’t know about the policy that we should propose first. We have done the projects and didn’t get pay so we thought we could propose now. If this goes against the rules of creatives dao, we will reach out to the past project owners again and ask if they can pay us for the tasks we have done for them. Following are the unpaid projects : Hackathon Guild NEAR Meetups NDG (native) MintTickt.
We’ve already updated this in our proposal. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for posting the proposal! :slight_smile:

Could you please specify which projects are you talking about? Normally we approve proposals that have as much detail as possible :smiley:
Thank you !

Hi @JulianaM , Please refer to this on your question to @Jujusca . Since Design work is a process depending upon needs of the projects so we can’t predict the name of projects. That’s why we gave only the number of target we have.

Thanks!

1 Like

hello team!

This Guild sounds like an important piece in making the ecosystem grow. Happy that @Grace invited you :slight_smile:

This council as some questions, though.

The ecosystem is in fact growing, and the Design Guild sounds like something that could be of use for a lot of groups, DAOs, projects, Dapps, etc.

If that is the case, would not make sense to see it as a DAO Vertical (like the Creatives DAO or the Marketing DAO)? If yes, it should (imo) have more $ to work with than the limit of 5k the Creatives DAO currently operates under. Maybe Grace or even @jlwaugh or @David_NEAR can suggest a path forward.

This council thinks this should be supported, we are only not sure if the Creatives DAO is the best way to do it; e.g. it is expected that the NEAR Design Guild supports all kinds of projects, not only ‘creatives’ projects.

Either way, the present council is happy to support this proposal. I would wait on some opinions from the tagged community members before officially approving, just because there might be better ways of moving forward, but this won’t go unsupported!

thank you all

:wink:

5 Likes

Thank you for this great proposal @Jujusca

I agree with @frnvpr that scope of this guild may need to expand, since demand exists outside the context of Creative DAOs. This can be framed as a DAO vertical in a proposal to any Ecosystem Development DAO. However, I think the design category represents more of a “DAO horizontal” because it covers a lot of ground, potentially involving multiple DAOs / agencies.

Of course, all are welcome to submit proposals to this Ecosystem Development DAO. I’d say monthly budget proposals are only encouraged, not required. However, there is a need to focus on what is currently possible given capacity. Adaptive accountability means responsibly coordinating shared values.

I appreciate this opportunity to discuss building on your proposal sooner than later, especially if you are confident in expectations according to the objectives and key results of NEAR Design Guild. What I have seen recently is quite impressive!

Feel free to share any ideas / plans here or in a new thread to get feedback. Looking forward to reading more updates :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Thanks @frnvpr , We will revise the category as suggested by you and ask for help if needed!

4 Likes

Hey @jlwaugh Sent you a DM for your help :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you @jlwaugh and @frnvpr for your kind words and support. We are still new to the ecosystem and procedures, but we are all on the same page regarding how the Near Design Guild should develop. I think the NDG has an organic characteristic that would look more like a “rhizomatic” DAO. As a service provider that could navigate among all of the structures and the people involved.
We are setting the proposal in the Ecosystem DAO. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hello there. We’ve updated the here the proposal and created one in Astro Dao Ecosystem. Thank you! @Grace @jlwaugh @David_NEAR :slight_smile:

Hey!

We’re changing the way funding is distributed so we won’t be able to approve this one just yet. Sit tight though, the new process should be shared shortly :tada:

1 Like

Thank you for your reply @David_NEAR. We are waiting for the direction so we can continue our activities with full force.

2 Likes

Hey,

Thanks for your patience!

The new funding process is now live, you can follow the instructions here to request your funding:

4 Likes