Dear NEAR Community,
CDAO is thrilled to present an application to the NDC for the V1. Anticipate a myriad of exciting developments as the community and creative individuals transition into their next chapter. Feel free to explore the application further below.
- Organization Name: Creatives DAO
- Date of creation: 2021
- DAO’s Category: HOM-004P-1-1-1: Ecosystem
- Creatives DAO is an ecosystem DAO that has acted as a funding node in the NEAR ecosystem since 2021. Originally, Creatives DAO distributed funding from Near Foundation, then established its own Creatives DAO trust and has received funding from NDC Trust since May 2023.
- Any source of funding: NEAR Foundation since January 2021 till April 2023, and NDC since May 2023
- Website: www.creativesdao.org
- Social Media Distribution Channels:
Telegram Group: https://t.me/CreativeGuilds
- Which region will your DAO/ Project support? Worldwide
- Name of Point of Contact: William X, Paul, K
- NEAR Wallet ID
- Wallet ID that will be receiving funds: creativesdao.sputnik-dao.near
- Country of Residence: Registered as Guernsey Non-charitable Purpose Trust
- Twitter, Telegram: https://twitter.com/CreativesDao
- Additional Relevant Links: www.creativesdao.org
Please provide information about Team Members. Information should include (name, roles, near.social profile handles)
- Paul Crans (crans.near) Trustee/Council in CreativesDAO
- William X (williamxx.near) Trustee/Council in CreativesDAO
- K (kcpesce.near) Trustee/Council in CreativesDAO
What related qualifications, experience, or track record does your team bring to this initiative?
- An experienced music producer since 2011 / Paul Crans | Twitter | Linktree
- Former accountant, holds master’s degree in accounting and finance
- Core contributor to CreativesDAO since mid-2022
- Former contributor to DAOrecords
- BeatDAO founder
- 4 years of blockchain experience
- NEAR NDC OG/active voters
- Early contributor to the NEAR ecosystem since 2021. I have been one of the most active contributors to the government process since then.
- Open Web Sandbox regional moderator/project coordinator.
- NxM DAO council & Founder of VN Artists DAO.
- Organizer of the first NEAR MEET in Vietnam.
- Content manager & AMA host for various crypto projects.
- 5 years of blockchain experience.
- NEAR NDC OG/active voters.
- Former Management Engineer in one of the award-winning consultancy firms based in the Philippines
- Creative Coordinator in the Philippine fashion industry since 2016
- Data Curator for an AI project
- Filipino Artist DAO founder
- Project Coordinator for various Web 3 projects across the world
- 3 years of blockchain experience
- Early contributor to the NEAR ecosystem since 2021
THE CREATIVES DAO JOURNEY
- Short Summary of Your and Team’s Professional Experience
The Creatives DAO has been one of the most active ecosystem DAO that bring NEAR closer to the creative communities worldwide. Both funding practices and the structure of the DAO evolve through time to improve funding efficiency and adapt with the priorities of the NEAR ecosystem in different stages. Guernsey: Non-Charitable Purpose Trusts Community of the CreativesDAO have prepared a report in September which is available in two parts on the NEAR Social.
NDC V0 Report:
- Part 1
- Part 2
Creatives DAO has shifted its focus from funding content creation projects to more blockchain-focus & onboarding-oriented proposals in the creative field. We will continue to reaffirm this focus following NDC V1 priorities.
During V0 (May-Oct), we have:
- Established our Trust Instrument (Guernsey: Non-Charitable Purpose Trusts) to legally receive funding from NDC Trust and hold it in the trust treasury. The instrument is advised by the Walkers Law Firm.
- Presented and has exposure to notable Blockchain IRL events: NEAR APAC, ETH Milan
- Funded initiatives in important ecosystem events: NEAR APAC & NEARCON
- Funded and supported the kick-off of NDC NFT Working Group
- Established partnerships and supported meaningful initiatives with:
- Proof of Vibes
- Music Feast
- GenaDrop Bounty for BOS hack
- El Cafe Cartel x MeteorWallet
- Minority Programmers
- NFT WG
- Mission: The CreativesDAO’s mission is to propagate NEAR technology by supporting and funding the growth and development of the creative community and its projects, bringing NEAR’s tools/dapps into life.
- Vision: Creatives DAO aims to become a hub for projects that provide and promote blockchain solutions for the creative industry on NEAR Protocol, onboarding creative devs & artists thus gaining recognition for the NEAR ecosystem.
- DAO/Project Charter: The CreativesDAO Charter; Work In Progress, as stated in the CreativesDAO Charter, undergoes periodic review upon significant evolution of the NDC. It is set to be revised in NDC V1 to align more closely with the NEAR ecosystem.
- How can your DAO / Project achieve NDC priorities, goals, and KPIs?
Since the team is working full-time on CDAO, we are closely monitoring every approved project and its achievements. We have experimented with multiple metrics, scores, and KPIs and concluded that our main focus is team experience, value proposition measured in onboarded and active wallets, and the quality of the delivered content. We believe that a mix of these metrics will allow us to onboard more meaningful creative communities into NEAR and empower real-life artists. In order to stay in touch with the broader NEAR community, CDAO provides weekly updates, gathering the most important news from the Creatives neighborhood and beyond.
The guidelines for proposal assess in NDC V1: 2 - NDC V1 Priorities.pdf
CREATIVES NDC V1 OKRs
CREATIVES NDC V1 OKRs
- Objective 1: Involvement with NDC V1
- KR: Community actively contributes to the forming of the NDC V1 funding package
- KR: Funding eligibility is reviewed and updated
- KR: Funding metrics are revised to encourage established community & follow NDC V1 priorities
- Objective 2: Funding practice: compulsory milestone based
- KR: Fully upfront funding practice is terminated
- KR: Report review policy is introduced (Report > Proposal)
- KR: Reward agreement is modified to accommodate funding in installment
- KR: Period funding is changed to milestone-based funding
- Objective 3: Easy & Accessible funding information for outsiders
- KR: The funding portal on the Creatives DAO website is updated
- KR: Guidelines and templates are made available throughout the website, & social media
- Objective 4: Focus on expansion
- KR: NDC V1 Priorities to be the north star of funding review
- KR: Partnership with projects & existing community is prioritized
- Objective 1: Customer journey to be refined
- KR: Website is redirected from all existing source
- KR: Suggestions and tutorials for new-comers are easy to discover (Marmaj Foundation’s blogs)
- KR: Experiment with on-chain community managed through NFTs & SBTs
- Objective 2: Improve community engagement quality
- KR: Weekly community call to change to bi-weekly community call
- KR: Weekly news on NEAR Social is amplified via all channels
- Objective 1: Creatives DAO becomes the creative hub of the entire community
- KR: Partnership with ecosystem WGs & funding nodes are established
- KR: Creative-related bounties from the NDC, including GWG are available for Creatives DAO members
- Objective 2: Creatives DAO partners with projects via a partnership
- KR: Partner up with projects from Horizon and other voted BOS apps at NEARCON
- KR: All partners receive the right support to achieve NDC V1 KPIs
- Objective 1: Creatives DAO x GenaDrop products are completed
- KR: DropFlow.xyz: a composable no-code customizable page builder for Creatives DAO members on BOS. The Webflow for creatives to drop
- KR: CreativesDAO Gateway (Creatives DAO Planet): Design and run a Creatives DAO BOS gateway to streamline the experience
- KR: drops.fund: A platform to highlight artists’ work, with community voting to prioritize top creative NFT drops, and fund the initiative.
- KR: Creatives Builder Group to maintain active: A community-centric group to facilitate the development of open source/public goods of Creative-centric projects.
- Objective 2: Promote Creatives DAO passport
- KR: Creatives DAO passport to be used across CDAO activities
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING
- Objective 1: Improve growth on X
- KR: Reach 5000 organic followers (200% growth)
- KR: Weekly updates are maintained
- KR: All in-house activities are amplified
- CreativesDAO V1 Budget
- What is the length of Commitment to Delivering Your Project? The process is continually improving
- Will your team be working on this project full-time? Yes
- Will your team be fully remunerated from this budget? Yes
- Does your project/DAO require one-time or continuous funding? Ongoing funding
- Will your DAO/Project device be a way of sustaining itself after this round of funding? N/A since CDAO is an ecosystem DAO
- What are the possible roadblocks to the success of your project/DAO?
The potential roadblocks to the success of CreativesDAO include the complexity of available tools for newly onboarded creatives. While these complexities may not pose problems for insiders, they can present challenges for newcomers. This suggests that a possible roadblock is the lack of passionate individuals around NEAR and beyond. The second roadblock pertains to proper reporting or the failure to deliver the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) by the community. Although we believe everyone works with the best intentions, real-life problems might be the ones that could lead to unfulfilled promised KPIs. The third potential roadblock could be the constant need for pivoting and restructuring within the community. Since the DAO is always a work in progress, this constant need for adaptation might pose a serious roadblock in achieving previously set goals.
- CreativesDAO operates as a non-charitable purpose trust in Guernsey, established under the laws of the Island, with the NEAR Foundation serving as the official settlor of the trust. Feel free to connect directly with The Walkers for more information or with the NF legal team.
- December 2023:
- Open Call for the two Advisors (their duties and responsibilities TBA),
- Charter Update; implementation of the HoM’s KPIs to the DAO metrics, setting up 1/1 artists support leveraging CPlanet, setting up funding to individual contributors,
- Researching decentralized tools for community management and incorporating these within the DAO; exiting from Telegram & Discord,
- Rebranding (logo),
- January 2024:
- Opening the first V1 funding round for the community and individuals (milestone-based),
- Onboarding NEAR projects, big artists from a different chain to CreativesDAO by single artists support the event,
- February 2024:
- Opening second V1 funding round for the community and individuals (milestone-based),
- Bounty for CPlanet adoption,
- Preparation for V2