[Closed] Mexico July 2022 NEAR NFT Marketing Tour

Council members:
shiftshapr.near
phahsa.near
colbert6640.near

Target: bridgit-dao.sputnik-dao.near. (Bridgit DAO)

KYC & Contract: TBD

Total Requested Funding Amount: $2346

Timeline: July 15 - July 30

Objective

Raise awareness of NEAR Ecosystem and onboard people to the NEAR Ecosystem through a series of events through Mexico about Web3, NEAR, and NFTs.

The tour will be the late-July to mid-August. The tour was originally planned for end of June to mid July but I was unable to secure my car from a. family member so I postponed it:

I have since then found an alternative vehicle that I can use but it requires me to fly to Cabo and start there. I have also recruited a team member to come along with me to create content and do social media.

The plan for the Mexican tour is the following:

• Los Cabos. July 27th to be organized through friends in Cabo San Lucas
  • Mazatlan. July 29th to be organized with Last Chance 4 Earth
  • Nayarit July 31st to be organized with colleagues in Near Hispano/Nativo
  • Guadalajara TBD
  • Morelia TBD
  • Mexico City TBD
  • Tepoztlan TBD
  • Puebla TBD
  • Oaxaca TBD
  • San Cris TBD
  • Merida TBD
  • Tulum TBD

Each tour stop will have one or more talks organized with people in the city, and its own NEAR NFT which will be given free to all participants using the Satori app. This will enable us to easily onboard people to NEAR. The talks will center around the use of Web3 for the greater good, fixing the web, DAOs, and NFTs. We will onboard people to relevant DAOs as well. We are in conversations with people at NEAR Hispano and will be with NEAR Mexico about contacts that may be relevant for the tour. We will also take photos and video and post to instagram with relevant NEAR projects tagged. We could also distribute merchandise if in the budget.

Update
I will make 7 1x1 NFTs (on Nativo) for each location that will go to the first seven attendees of each event (or randomly selected) and a simple event NFT series (on Mintbase) for everyone else.

BUDGET $2346
2 bus transfers from Tulum to Cancun - $46
2 flights from Cancun to Los Cabos ($290) + 2 bags ($60) - $350
3 tour stops in July at $650* per stop to cover transportation via car, lodging, organizing the event, preparing for the event, executing the event, social media and content, and following up the event - $1950

Note that in the previous proposal, it was $500 per stop but I aded another $100 per stop to pay the content/social media person and $50 per stop for the extra food/lodging cost.

TRADUCCIĂ“N ESPAĂ‘OL

Miembros del Consejo:
shiftshapr.near
phahsa.cerca
colbert6640.cerca

Objetivo: bridgit-dao.sputnik-dao.near

KYC y contrato: TBD

Monto total de financiaciĂłn solicitado: $2346

Cronograma: 1 de julio - 30 de julio

Objetivo

Crear conciencia sobre el ecosistema NEAR e incorporar a las personas al ecosistema NEAR a través de una serie de eventos en México sobre Web3, NEAR y NFT.

La gira será de finales de julio a mediados de agosto. La gira se planeó originalmente para fines de junio a mediados de julio, pero no pude asegurar mi automóvil de un. miembro de la familia, así que lo pospuse:

Desde entonces, encontré un vehículo alternativo que puedo usar, pero requiere que vuele a Cabo y comience allí. También recluté a un miembro del equipo para que me acompañe a crear contenido y trabajar en las redes sociales.

El plan para la gira mexicana es el siguiente:

• Los Cabos. 26 de julio
  • Mazatlán. 29 de julio
  • Nayarit 31 de julio
    *Guadalajara TBD
  • Morelia por determinar
  • Ciudad de MĂ©xico TBD
  • Tepoztlán TBD
    *Puebla por determinar
  • Oaxaca por determinar
  • San Cris TBD
  • MĂ©rida TBD
  • Tulum por determinar

Cada parada del tour tendrá una o más charlas organizadas con gente de la ciudad, y su propio NEAR NFT que se dará gratis a todos los participantes usando la aplicación Satori. Esto nos permitirá incorporar fácilmente personas a NEAR. Las charlas se centrarán en el uso de Web3 para el bien común, arreglando la web, DAO y NFT. También incorporaremos personas a DAO relevantes. Estamos en conversaciones con personas de NEAR Hispano y estaremos con NEAR México sobre contactos que pueden ser relevantes para la gira. También tomaremos fotos y videos y los publicaremos en Instagram con proyectos NEAR relevantes etiquetados. También podríamos distribuir mercancía si está en el presupuesto.

PRESUPUESTO $2346
2 traslados en autobĂşs de Tulum a CancĂşn - $46
2 vuelos de CancĂşn a Los Cabos ($290) + 2 maletas ($60) - $350
3 paradas de la gira en julio a $650* por parada para cubrir el transporte en automĂłvil, el alojamiento, la organizaciĂłn del evento, la preparaciĂłn para el evento, la ejecuciĂłn del evento, las redes sociales y el contenido, y el seguimiento del evento - $1950

• En propuesta anterior, costaba $500 por parada pero agreguĂ© otros $100 por parada para pagar a la persona de contenido/redes sociales y $50 por parada por el costo adicional de comida/alojamiento.

FYI… @Francesipimenteln @Cryptocoatl @thisisfah @NaruKwina @AsheShakti @deejaydev @Phahsa @godofnfts @adrianseneca

@cryptocredit: Please let me know what you think. I had to postpone the tour because my sister did not get me back my car and got it in infested with bed bugs. I have found an alternative vehicle situation, recruited a person to come along to help with content and social media at a very low cost, and have dates and contacts for the first three stops which are in July.

1 Like

Hi all,
I will be supporting Daveed during the Metaweb tour in Mexico late July and August; creating content, posting on social media and translating as needed.
I am looking forward to meet you. I am new in the NEAR ecosystem.

2 Likes

Addendum to the Proposal

• Guild name: Tulum Guild (not officially recognized yet)
  • Funding scheme: July and August
  • Initiative summary
    • Impact will be new people learning about how Web3 can be used to address social and environmental challenges, new people onboarded to NEAR and to Mintbase, and new connections between locals and tourists and the Mexican NEAR community. The value is bringing people together about regeneration and sustainability and connecting them into the NEAR ecosystem so that NEAR can have more IRL impact in local Mexican communities and communities can become more sustainable or regenerative over time.
    • Metrics for measuring success include number of attendees, wallets created, event NFTs received, proposals to join DAO, purchases of Metaweb NFTs, survey responses that indicate that attendees found the event valuable, survey responses that indicate how the attendees received value from the event.
    • Milestones are the three events at the end of July

Dear Marketing DAO and @David_NEAR

I would very much appreciate your read on this proposal sooner than later, as these events take time to organize, and I have already started organizing the three events for the end of July as well as started conversations for the August events.

If the Marketing DAO does see the value of the proposed regenerative NFT tour and the social media exposure through the content generated, I need to tell the people I am in contact with that the tour is not happening at the moment.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

Could you please share the education materials/ presentation you’re going to use to the lessons? Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Dacha

Here is the draft presentation template including several slides at the beginning for the event and the remainder for my presentation around the Metaweb. Note that all will be translated to Spanish as needed for the event. Note that Nativo and Last Chance 4 are there for illustrative purposes - they will likely only be involved with one event each.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Warmly

1 Like

Thanks,

• Can the project cover part of the expenses?
  • Unfortunately couldn’t find any information about Near on your website https://www.bridgit.io/.
1 Like

Hi @Dacha
Great questions.

• Can the project cover part of the expenses?

They are helping organize the meeting in Nayarit, which is very much appreciated. I am happy to ask them. I will update you when I hear back.

I know I need to work on the website.

For the record, I do have images and links to two NEAR NFTs on the front page, a founders NEAR NFT that says 3 NEAR, as well as a link and mention of our AstroDAO on the book page.

Thanks for this reminder though. I do need to update the web site to reflect that Bridgit DAO got accepted to DAOcubator about 2 weeks ago. It was rumored for at least 6 weeks and it finally arrived.

And I hope to be able to say Powered By NEAR soon. I want to build the first Overweb dapp on NEAR - I’m submitting a proposal called NEARian Nations for NEAR-based digital nations that can connect with their tribe and interact above the webpage. Digital nation membership can be by NEAR name, membership in AstroDAO, or holding an NFT in a collection or series. If that makes sense.

Do you have clear outlines covering the specifics for each event?

• Speakers
  • Venue
  • Topics Covered
  • How you will onboard people / how people create wallets?

Overall, how do you plan to promote the event in order to get attendees?

Hi @Klint

Thanks for your questions.

Do you have clear outlines covering the specifics for each event?

• Speakers
  • Venue
  • Topics Covered
  • How you will onboard people / how people create wallets?

I will focus on the first three events since these are coming up. Mind you we have not locked in any venues because I need confirmation that NEAR is supporting for me to move forward. That being said, we are in conversations with local people in Cabo, Mazatlan, and Nayarit, and all of them are confident that we can pull off a well-attended event but we do need the go ahead soon.

Cabo

• Speakers: Daveed Benjamin and the founder of the Vegan Traveler DAO. We are also in touch another community in Cabo about the event and expect to hear back shortly.
  • Venues: Our local contacts are looking into a couple Vegan restaurants, a community center, and beach club
  • Topics: The overarching theme is Web3 for Good. We will cover the Metaweb, as well as tools for the local communities to support their mission and objectives.
  • Onboarding: We will provide a QR at the end of my presentation that goes to a Satori campaign, enabling people to get a wallet and their event NFT in minutes. We all do this together in the last 5 minutes so that we can provide help as needed.

Mazatlan

• Speakers: me, a co-founder of Last Chance 4 Earth, and a representative of a local org to be identified by LC4E
  • Venues: My contact Gabriel at LC4E has a beach club in mind
  • Topics: The overarching theme is Web3 for Good. We will cover the Metaweb, as well as have conversation with the LC4E org about how Web3 can support their mission, and a similar conversation with another local organization.
  • Onboarding: Same as above

Nayarit

• Speakers: me, Alan Estrada and Cristian Zambrano of Nativo, and another local org to be identified by Nativo
  • Venues: Alan is looking into venues in Tepic
  • Topics: The overarching theme is Web3 for Good. We will cover the Metaweb, a presentation about NFTs for purpose-driven orgs, and a conversation with another local organization about how web3 could support their mission.
  • Onboarding: Same as above

Note that just the conversations about the event have already uncover several collaboration opportunities with Nativo, Last Chance 4 Earth, and Vegan Traveller. We expect that at each event there will be multiple collaborations with us and local orgs and among local orgs.

Overall, how do you plan to promote the event in order to get attendees?

At each location, we have partner orgs which will be speaking and promoting to their communities via WhatsApp and Telegram. We will also post on relevant Facebook groups in each local. The event promos will highlight a FREE NFT and for people to discover how Web3 can support purpose-driven organizations.

1 Like

Ok, thank You! Happy to support!

1 Like

Thank you @Dacha!

What is needed to move this proposal forward? If I am going to do this, I need confirmation of Marketing DAOs support as soon as possible so I can lock in venues and speakers.

Hi @shiftshapr thanks for your proposal. looks like an ambitious tour plan you have there!

I like that you have added @vegantraveller to cover social media. Please ensure you document with pictures and posts at each step and i am happy to support.

You now need the support of one more council before moving to Approved

1 Like

Hi, thank you very much for your answer and your support for the Metaweb tour. Yes, we are designing a content plan for social media where we will combine posts on the events and talks, info about NEAR for local communities and road stories. The content will be produced in English and Spanish.

2 Likes

Hi @Klint

May we have your support for this proposal or is there any additional information that I and/or @vegantraveller can provide to gain your support?

Dear @marketingdao-council,

Please let me know what I can do to earn your support.

This tour will create not only exposure and awareness of NEAR, NFTs, and how Web3 can be used to advance social movements, but also spawn collaborations at each locale that lead to further marketing exposure and awareness of NEAR.

I am happy to answer any questions.

Thanks for consideration!

2 Likes

Hi @marketingdao-council

I wanted to share our latest weekly update which highlights two recent activities related to the tour: Bridgit DAO Weekly Update July 11-15th

Thanks for your kind consideration!

1 Like

Dear @marketingdao-council

Unfortunately we are running out of time. For several reasons, we need a decision by Midnight tonight ET on whether we can do the tour and we would need disbursement of funds by Thursday at the latest.

1. We need to confirm the car
  2. We need to get the flight
  3. We need to finish organizing the events, especially Cabo San Lucas which is coming up in 8 days

We understand if it can’t be done in this time frame and appreciate your consideration.

Thanks @Dacha and @cryptocredit for having supported this proposal!

Unfortunately, we have had to withdraw the proposal because of the timing issues mentioned in my previous post. The intention is, at some point, to do a Mexican tour though it will likely be done in chunks rather than a cross-country tour.

1 Like