[Closed] MASSIVE TIKTOK Exposure for NEAR Activities, Adaption and Interactions

In support of the Near’s mission to 1 billion users, there’s high need for premium video contents about products on the Near ecosystem to promote them to new audience.
Tiktok is a powerful social media platform where video content can easily get in front of a new audience and get it the exposure required.

My tiktok page GEM MEDIA is an edutainment page and I have posted series of videos on different topics to educate and entertain people and I’m already growing to become one of the most trending page on tiktok. Currently, I have close to 10k followers and my videos has gotten almost 2million views.
My page has been having a healthy growth with the quality of contents I shared and I have been getting my views and engagements both from the “for you page” and my followers.

Below is my page analytics for last 28 days;

I’m teaming up with ( @alvino, @Braineeayo & @2keyz ) to start creating quality and premium videos about near and its ecosystem on my TikTok page which gains so much traffic easily, Same Content will also be shared on My Youtube and X (Twitter channel) including education about the NDC, NEAR Ecosystem, NEAR Wallet activation, BOS, I-AM-HUMAN and create frequent NEAR DAPPs interactions

IMPACT AND KPI
Main objective for the production of this video is to promote mass adoption of the near protocol ecosystem.

• The videos will be focused on Near ecosystem’s Product Demo/Reviews & Tutorials blended with entertainment to increase engagements.
  • Create more awareness about the NDC and it’s related topics, particularly the upcoming election on Sept 8.
    *More chance to Onboard web2 devs into the ecosystem to create widgets on the BOS.
  • Increase NEAR presence on tiktok, and provide ease of access to high quality information for total beginners.
  • Increase on-chain activities on near. Workshops on TikTok live to train viewers on how to use some products on near. First workshop will be on how to create a near wallet and near.social account and there will be airdrops for viewers to claim. Airdrop claims will be done on near.social. Subsequent live workshops will be on other products like I-AM-HUMAN, NDC, Keypom, mintbase, BOS, PARAS, ref.finance, etc.
  • There are no much high quality crypto related content creators on tiktok, so I wish to use my videos to inspire others in the ecosystem to do same also and by this we can reach the milestone of 1 billion users we are expecting sooner.
  • Expose near to local business owners through my videos which could in turn bring about them using near products like near tips, moonpay, alchemy, etc for their business and by that increase the on-chain activities on near.

With almost 10k followers on my page, I have been getting reasonable number of engagements on my videos. I posted 2 crypto related videos on my page already as a test to see how well tiktok users will engage with it and I had encouraging engagements with over 300 views in less than a week I posted them which I believe is still fair as the crypto market is still in the bear season. I believe it’s vital to keep posting high quality contents consistently as it’ll always be there for people to discover.

FUNDING PROPOSAL

• 10 videos a month each of 3-10 mins (max), each video will be taking around 7hrs for;
    Research
    Recording
    Editing
    Promotion

NEEDED FUNDS & its USE:
Rent of a professional camera: for 48 hours $160
Rent of light and microphone: $80
Editing: of 10 Videos $600
Team work & Social Media Mgt. X (Twitter) by @alvino $200 Youtube by @Braineeayo @200 & TikTok by myself $200
Promotions $200

• TikTok live video session for near workshop and onboarding, airdrop of $2 in near will be distributed for 100 people= $200

Total fund requested = $1840 (1384 NEAR)
bheegem.near
Bgem
Analytics would be reported at the end of the month.

@marketingdao-council

6 Likes

yes! cant wait to eventually bop on!

2 Likes

Near on TikTok?? It’ll be nice tbh if this could happen for real, I’m always on TikTok when I don’t have anything doing so I can easily learn something new about near on TikTok at that time.

2 Likes

i tell you bro, its one better experience for me for
real!

Thank you for your proposal

Unfortunately, i won’t support your proposal this time

Reasons:

-You need to work on and improve your channel’s video quality and contents, your tiktok has many jokes and skit videos that are not related to Web3, only a few 3–4 are crypto, and they need a lot of improvements. I suggest requesting setup support instead of a campaign at this early stage.

-Out of scope for our August core KPIs

You can resubmit your proposal next quarter. Thank you

Thanks for your comment. This,

If you read the proposal better, I didn’t claim the crypto related videos I have posted are at the best or required quality yet,

You can see I also requested for funds to rent devices that’ll be needed to create quality contents for a month

I should have requested to buy but I was
thinking the required funds for purchase will be too much for a start.

Also TikTok is a platform that requires a page to be posting much of entertaining videos to gain popularity and I’ve tried my best to achieve that. Now to promote valuable contents to my audience will be easier, any quality content I share will have audience and good engagements and from there it will go viral in no time.
I’ll suggest you check and reconsider my proposal for approval.

If the core KPIs are this quoted below, I believe my proposal is still in line. I’ll be glad for MDAO’s support on my passion to support the NDC and Near ecosystem.

With the videos I’ll be making and the live workshops, I can actually bring clarity and exposure required for the ecosystem and NDC to the masses and also be a channel for support of NDC in achieving success in the coming elections.

Hi @bgem thanks for your proposal. unfortunately the Marketing DAO have limited funds to disburse for this month, and we are focused on supporting projects that align with ecosystem KPIs - primarily the NDC election and BOS.

So i am unable to support this proposal but please continue to find ways to achieve the goal to involve over 500 members in the NDC voting process.

Feel free to represent your proposal in Q4.

Hi @bgem – thanks for the proposal. As previous council members have said, for August, MDAO must allocate funding with a focus NDC election and BOS. Currently:

• We have $203K+ in funding requests coming from the community for August
  • We have ~$46K to deploy
  • We cannot fund everyone
  • The funding we allocate is limited and must directly and primarily align with ecosystem KPIs – which are NDC election and BOS content

In addition to that, in my view, the best use of MDAO funds does not typically include lighting/equipment costs like those you’ve outlined. We aim to fund projects that are already producing high quality content so they can amplify their efforts in the ecosystem vs. paying for set up/equipment. I also am not sure what “promotions” means – I am not in support of MDAO funds for use in giveaways or for paid ads as they haven’t returned significant/meaningful ROI and results in the past.

Given the above, I cannot support funding for this proposal at this time. I do encourage you to keep building and come back in the future after the NDC election in September, the success of which is necessary in order for funding to continue for community projects.

Thank you for the work you are doing!

Hi @bgem

As stated by the other council members, it’s crucial that we focus our efforts on the NDC elections at this time.

Having reviewed your TikTok account, I think it’s going to be difficult for us to approve content production in the future because your account isn’t niche specific to blockchain, crypto, or web3.

At this time, I cannot support this proposal.

Okay I’ve seen all your comments, it’s alright…
Probably you all didn’t want my proposal to get funded because I met all the funding criteria you posted earlier for the month in this proposal and I don’t think I should be rejected only for the reason that I have less crypto related posts on my channel which I already explained the reason for that and I
included the support I needed to be able to produce quality contents.
And even if you can’t fund everyone, I don’t think the fund I requested for is too much that my proposal should then be the one to be left aside not funded so as to take care of others. I guess I will even have the least fund requested which is even lesser than what I should charge for the value I proposed to offer. @marketingdao-council