phahsa.near
colbert6640.near

Target: bridgit-dao.sputnik-dao.near

KYC & Contract: TBD

Total Requested Funding Amount: $2000

Timeline: May 1 - May 31

Objective

As in this proposal that was approved on the Primordia DAO:

We are happy to include a 500-word feature box about the NEAR ecosystem in the book. I will need this by the end of May.

UPDATE ********
I just had the thought to have the NEAR ecosystem be featured in a series of feature boxes that speak to the elements of a Web3 ecosystem (e.g., in NEAR’s case, NEAR Foundation, University, Mintbase, Aurora, Rainbow Bridge, AstroDAO, Metapool, Guilds, DAOs, etc). Each would have a mention as an example and/or a short feature box in the section where that aspect is described.

At this time, I request support for building a minting and staking site for our NFTs.

How this is related to marketing and onboarding NEAR:

1. We will be giving away and selling thousands of NFTs, and each one will on board one more person to NEAR. All they need to do is get to this site that mints one of the first book NFTs of a published book and the first book authored by a DAO.
  2. Every reader of the physical book, ebook, and NFTbook will learn about the NEAR ecosystem

I am talking to two developers at the moment for the minting/staking site.

BUDGET $2000
$2000 for development of a minting and staking site for the Metaweb book NFTs

3 Likes

@adrianseneca @FritzWorm @mr_free @godofnfts @David_NEAR

Would love your feedback on this proposal.

Just finished reading the manuscript. This is next level evolution of creative expression meeting technology. I think this maybe the first book written by a DAO. My team @primordiadao is looking forward to exhibiting this book as an NFT book when our Primordia DAO of DAO’s Exhibition opens on July 21st. This is a win-win project for the ecosystem growth and meaningful engagement as it ushers in understanding for participants. Thumbs up :star2: @starpause
Cartoon Thumbs Up GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

5 Likes

This is a great proposal speaking to the benefits of decentralization and all the advantages that the Metaweb will bring forth and privacy and security issues that will be resolved along with allowing for deeper connections with other likeminded users on the Metaweb. Great idea also to have a section on NEAR on the book to further expand on this knowledge while also minting NFTs on this platform. I highly support this project.

3 Likes

Hello @shiftshapr
Sorry, I am not sure that 500words are enough to describe NearEcosystem.
What’s the circulation? How the book will be distributed and what price it will have?
IMHO, it’s too expensive 4$ for 1 word.
I think this proposal is more relevant for marketing.
@marketingdao-council what do you think?

1 Like

Hi @mr_free

Thank you for you’re response.

Sorry, I am not sure that 500words are enough to describe NearEcosystem.

As mentioned in the update, I am thinking to do multiple feature boxes on NEAR. That could easily reach up to 2000-2500 words or more if needed. I am thinking five feature boxes covering

1. overall ecosystem
  2. basic layer one + EVM, Aurora, Octopus
  3. Defi, Exchange, Staking
  4. NFTs: Mintbase, Nativo, Paras
  5. AstroDAO, DAOcubator
    And I am totally open to input from NEAR ecosystem on what to cover

So thats ~ $1 per word but that’s only part of the benefit.

What’s the circulation?

The publisher believes we will sell about 2500 or more but the starting print is 250
Worldwide distribution as physical book, e-book, and Book NFT

My goal is to sell 10k books including bookNFTs.

The big benefit from the standpoint of Creatives as I see is

1. Raising awareness of web3 possibilities for creative expression and fair value exchange above the web page which are much greater than in today’s web
  2. Supporting the creative use of a DAO to produce and author a book.

Maybe I should have been more explicit, but moving from a flat static web where we have very few degrees of freedom to the hyper-dimensional web of the future is an inherently creative movement. Hence, I see this book as helping catalyzing a creative movement to take back the web. I would love to feature NEAR as a model ecosystem.

If that makes sense…

P.s., Not sure if you saw it but @godofnfts (a DAOinstructor) read the manuscript and said

This is next level evolution of creative expression meeting technology.

P.p.s., I am happy to make the review copy available to council and to receive input on placing NEAR

1 Like

Our team have published 34 topics in April on Medium about games and spent 0 dollars from community treasury.

I would like to support the proposal if all money will be spent on charity.

1 Like

I would like to support the proposal if all money will be spent on charity.

Hi @Dacha, we can’t give the money to charity because we need it for a NFT developer. Our proposal was to put the money into a minting and staking site so that we get more people to read the book, learn about NEAR, and onboard into the system.

2 Likes

Hey!

I wonder if this is more suitable for the MarketingDAO due to the nature of what the funds are being used for?

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment.

I wonder if this is more suitable for the MarketingDAO due to the nature of what the funds are being used for?

Dacha of the marketing DAO said they want to support it earlier in the thread, but only if all the money goes to charity. But we need the funds to build the minting/staking site.

I was very confused by their response as I did not understand why the funds would need to go to charity rather than be used to build infrastructure on NEAR that can be used to raise awareness of NEAR.

There are 5 Council Members on the MarketingDAO, no single Council Member is able to make decisions for the entire council in that way.

I’m going to move this to the MarketingDAO, seems more appropriate.

2 Likes

Hi @shiftshapr have you considered using Mintbase as a platform for minting your NFTs?

IMO this would be a much more effective solution that does not require developers.

Thanks for your response @cryptocredit.

Hi @shiftshapr have you considered using Mintbase as a platform for minting your NFTs?

Yes, we will use Mintbase for non-generative NFTs.

The bookNFTs and the pre-book NFT will be generative, however, meaning that each NFT is a derivative of layers randomly combined by a computer and then randomly assigned at the mint. This enables rarities and also uncertainty, both of which can drive sales and engagement.

The pre-book NFT will be the word Metaweb with different fonts, foreground patterns, background patterns, stamps, etc. There will be rarities that give a boost in staking rewards. Anyone who get the pre-book NFT will get airdropped the NFTbook when it is released. The pre-book NFTs can be staked as well.

Each NFTbook includes a web image of the cover with the mint order number as well as the book in PDF and eBook formats. Each NFT has one of four rarity levels. For the Common rarity level (80%), the order number is in a simple blue disc. For the Rare (15%), the order number is in a bronze coin and a 5% boost of staking power. For the Epic (4%), the order number is in a silver coin and a 10% boost of staking power. For the Legendary (1%), the order number is in a gold coin and a 15% boost of staking power. The NFTbooks can be staked as well.

We have already built the generative script for placing the mint order graphic on a book cover image. Now we need to build the minting and staking. Our plan is to build on Mintbase smart contracts to the extent possible to develop the generative NFTs. We will also consider Paras.

We will also do 1 of 1 NFTs for the images in the book that will be hosted on a Mintbase store.

The other thing to say here is that the capability here is the first step in building a process and infrastructure that can be used to finance and build a community around any kind of production (e.g., film, series, podcast, song, NFT collection). Bridgit DAO ultimately will offer this as a service to any production oriented DAO that we work with. Thus this is not a one-off but the first step in helping creators unleash their productions to the world on the NEAR protocol. There is a book series, several films, and tv series that are waiting for this to be built.

Thanks for the reply.

I have to say that I find this proposal lacks in focus and seems to be over ambitious in it’s goals. In the past the marketing DAO considered other projects that include physical books and decided that it was not suitable for funding.

Unfortunately I am unable to support your proposal in it’s current form.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply @cryptocredit

I have to say that I find this proposal lacks in focus and seems to be over ambitious in it’s goals.

As someone who is new here, it would be very helpful if you could explain why you say lack in focus and why over ambitious? To me it is a simple staking system to get royalties scheme for a book NFT that can in the future be abstracted for use with other productions.

In the past the marketing DAO considered other projects that include physical books and decided that it was not suitable for funding.

This is not funding a book. This is funding a NFT minting and staking site associated with a technology book that includes NFTbooks and a pre-book NFTs. I think being able to fund and build a community around a production like a book, a movie, a podcast, a song, or a series with NFTs is very important. Each NFT will onboard people to NEAR.

Unfortunately I am unable to support your proposal in it’s current form

What form could you consider?

Without the clarity of what the $2K goes towards, it’s a no from me.

Hi @Klint

This was stated at the bottom of the proposal.

The site will enable people to mint a generative pre-book NFT as described below. They can stake to receive royalty allocation from sales of books, NFTbooks, and pre-book NFTs.

The pre-book NFT will be the word Metaweb with different fonts, foreground patterns, background patterns, stamps, etc. There will be rarities that give a boost in staking rewards. Anyone who get the pre-book NFT will get airdropped the NFTbook when it is released. The pre-book NFTs can be staked as well.

Each NFTbook includes a web image of the cover with the mint order number as well as the book in PDF and eBook formats. Each NFT has one of four rarity levels. For the Common rarity level (80%), the order number is in a simple blue disc. For the Rare (15%), the order number is in a bronze coin and a 5% boost of staking power. For the Epic (4%), the order number is in a silver coin and a 10% boost of staking power. For the Legendary (1%), the order number is in a gold coin and a 15% boost of staking power. The NFTbooks can be staked as well.