[Closed] Marketing and Onboarding through Ibadan Writers' Conference and Books Launch

Hello Marketing DAO leaders

Duration: 2months

My name is Mayowa 'Big M ’ Fatokun.

I am a teacher, writer and music maker. I joined the ecosystem in December, 2021 and since then i have hosted, participated and completed several projects accross several DAOs in this sphere.

I am currently a Master’s Degree Student at the prestigious University of Ibadan and it is around there I wish organize the conference in a bid to create awareness about the Near Protocol.

images (51)

About my project

Ibadan is one of the biggest cities in the world and Nigeria as a whole has benefitted immensely from the Near Protocol. One city that cannot be overlooked however is Ibadan, Oyo State where we are recognised for our population and fame.

My intention is to create awareness and register the presence of Near in Ibadan, where it has very low activities going on.

All the onboarding, live events and marketing activities have always been majorly held in other parts such as Lagos, the East and Abuja but very few (and disappointing) can be found in Ibadan.

Personally, I have organised only one live show through ReggaeDAO, thereafter we onboarded the instrumentalists present because it was a studio show but since then, I havent heard of any other event being hosted or a Near Related activity being hosted in Ibadan, hence; this proposal.

My hometown is Ibadan and in it is the oldest and most prestigious university in Nigeria, which is the University of Ibadan and it is a delight for me to submit this proposal.

I have completed three books Educated Tout Animals Book 1 Animals Book 2 with the Near Writers Guild and in a bid to bring in Writers and similar creatives in one massive effort, I have decided to organise a Writers conference which will also include books launch.

The Writers’ conference will seek to being together Writers from different parts of Ibadan, Writers of different kinds, academic Writers, playwrights, poets et al will be present and different issues affecting the modern day writer will be discussed.

Also, I will be launching and discussing the books I have written and minted on the Near Writers Guild on the day and also, three Writers/speakers will be selected to talk about their projects.

Three (above) Writers will be invited to give speeches on the day, they will also be attending with their entourage.

One of the writers will be a university professor, the other two will be normal writers.

During the writer’s conference, there will be a dedicated period for Near educational talks where attendees will be taught about Near

Things to focus on

1. What Near is
  2. The Near Protocol
  3. The Near Wallet and Creation
  4. Joining and creating DAOs
  5. The governance forum
  6. AstroDAO operations

At the end of the day, I hope to onboard and successfully link them into Near Writer’s Guild as well as creating wallets for them.

After the talks and trainings about ghe Near Protocol, we will allow a question and answer segment and Distribute Near branded Educational materials such as notepads, pens and jotters.

Expected Guests : 50 to 200
Expected people to onboard: 50 to 200
Expected wallets to create: 50 to 200

Also there will be a review of books and outstanding writers will be awarded 50usd each afterwhich their books will be converted to e-book and minted on Near Writers’ Guild.

Time Table: (8weeks, starting from the day fund is received)

Week 1- Graphics design and commencement of Social media ads
Week 2 - Reaching out to speakers and fixing dates of conference

Week 3 - Registration of interested writers
Weeks 4 and 5 - Purchase and branding of educational materials
Week 6 - Continued registration of writers
Weeks 7 and 8 - Conference week, onboarding and report.

Budget:

• Venue: 300usd

• Refreshments for guests: 200usd

• Dj and sound system: 200usd

• Projector: 30usd

• Banners, e-flier and social media ads: 200usd

• Near for wallets creations: 26N

• Guest Speakers: 450usd ( 150usd each)

• Bounty for 20 outstanding writers: 1000usd (50usd each)

• Making of Near Protocol branded Educational materials such as Notebooks and jotters, Pens, folders (notebooks x 300, jotters x 200, pens X 300, folders x 300) – 450usd

Total: 2830 + 26N

Wallet: fatokunmayowa.near

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @BigM007 thanks for your proposal.

The Marketing DAO has in the past approved proposals for onboarding new users, but is currently redirecting our funds to maximize value and ensure we are in alignment with NEAR community goals.

Although your project sounds interesting i feel that i am unable to support due to the lack of clarity in the long term goals.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response.

The long term goals are

To assimilate new users into the ecosystem and the Writer’s Guild specifically and encourage them to function through

a. Participation in bounties and contributing ideas to the growth of the ecosystem both in DAOs/Guilds and the forum
b. Use of their wallets by trading i.e buying, selling or staking
c. Creation of nfts and minting.

The long term goal is not just to onboard new members but to make SURE that they are functioning/operating members of the ecosystem.

We will work with the three As which are
Awareness
Awakeness and
Activity

Thank you @cryptocredit

1 Like

Hi @BigM007
Thank you for the proposal. I share the same thoughts as @cryptocredit with this one. We’re looking for projects that are able to generate future growth within the ecosystem beyond the governance forum. It’s a no from me.

Thank you for your comment, I do believe the project aims to bring in people who will function beyond the governance forum.

I can give you list of people I have onboarded and how they have been participating and functioning in different groups.

The goal of this project is beyond participating in discussions on the forum but actually onboarding people who have interest in developing themselves and their arts by creating NFTs, actively using their wallets through buying/selling/staking.

This is what this project hopes to avoid: onboarding people who will later be dormant.

These people i plan to onboard are people who desire to have their works known and voices heard through their works of art.

They yearn to enjoy the independence and the decentralization that web3 offers.

Thank you @Klint

Another update on this proposal is this:

If this proposal is approved, I will go ahead and create a community of creatives (create telegram, twitter, facebook and register on astrodao) after the onboarding so we can all grow together and participate together in the ecosystem through the points I have already listed above.

@cryptocredit @Klint

Thanks

Dear @BigM007

I carefully reviewed your proposal and although I must decline your submission this time, I appreciated the chance to consider it.

Thank you @Dacha for reviewing. When you said you must decline at this time, does it mean I can resubmit again, maybe it would meet the requirements next time.

And exactly what am I expected to submit?

Because I thought I gave clear and precise answers on the questions asked about the project.

Thank you.

@could you please answer my question?

Good evening! You can submit your proposal any time. Have a good one :heart:

Thank you, i appreciate the response.

1 Like