[Closed] LP DAO marketing funding - June and July 2022

LP DAO was created on May 20, 2022. We have written an outline of our goals and vision in our introduction to our DAO.

With the 3 core council members already involved with other DAOs in this space - INA DAO, Metaverse DAO, VanDAO, and DAOrecords, we are firmly planted in the visual arts and music communities, and have already accumulated a wide range of connections to grow our base.

With this proposal we are looking to get our DAO up and running. For the first 2 months, we are looking to build our infrastructure, which includes starting our social media channels, on-boarding participants and creating our brand.

We are in the process of getting a logo done through Design DAO. We already have a telegram group, but once the logo is done we will be opening up our social media channels.

Our main aim in the next few months is to get our marketing guru help us bring our dreams to reality. We intend the position to continue monthly, but for now are only asking for funds to cover the first 2 months of operations.

Happily, we have chosen Flying Rhino Marketing as our marketing guru! They are already very familiar with the NEAR ecosystem, which will be a great help. They will assist us in deciding which social media channels are best for what we want to achieve. They will be in charge of creating a campaign to bring both awareness and more people to our DAO and our first major project; ‘The Metaverse’s Got Talent’, which will be happening starting month #3 (August). They will also be in charge of all SM, and in the future, in charge of creating our marketing budgets and proposals.

We firmly believe that laying the groundwork is key for a successful DAO. This groundwork includes our brand identity and marketing to bring in as many people as we can.

Funding Scheme:

• We would like to hire Flying Rhino Marketing at their tier 2 service to fully implement our marketing campaign for the next 2 months $3,000 USD x Dai
  • On the advice of Flying Rhino we would also like to create a website where we can drive our audience to $630 USD x Dai

Expected Impact:

• To raise awareness about our DAO and it’s projects
  • To onboard new members from the NEAR community
  • To onboard new members from outside of the community and outside of Web3 in general
  • To hopefully bring in sponsors from outside of the community to help fund our projects, which will lighten the load on the NEAR ecosystem itself.

Metrics for Measuring Success:

• To increase membership on our Telegram Chat
  • To increase the numbers on our Social Media channels
  • To use all SM channels and website to measure both followers and engagement

Estimated Timeline for end of July:

• To have our logo done
  • To have our marketing wizard up and running to perform the tasks above
  • To have all SM channels up and running
  • To have our website up and running
  • To increase our membership 5 fold

Funding Details:

• Total requested - $3,630 USD x Dai
  • NEAR Wallet ID / DAO - lpdao.sputnik-dao.near/ LP DAO
  • Wallet owner’s name - geminirising.near (have already done the KYC for INA DAO)
4 Likes

Hi @GeminiRising thanks for your proposal.
Could you outline some more about your project and what LP DAO will be contributing to the NEAR ecosystem

4 Likes

Hey! Thank you for your comment, I will be adding more shortly. This is my first time writing a proposal for marketing, so any help is appreciated. At the moment, the proposal is still in draft form. There is also a link in the proposal to our introduction where we go into detail about our vision and goals and how we plan to contribute to the NEAR ecosystem.

1 Like

Could you please share the opportunity on Near official tg channel?

$200 a month would be reasonable rewards for the work.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Yes, as soon as I’m finished the proposal I will. Just talking to some marketing people atm to make sure I have everything straight

2 Likes

I’m very excited for our future, creating events and a lot of buzz, bringing folks from the live performance world to NEAR community and the metaverses!

3 Likes

No problem, take your time :grinning:

2 Likes

It’s ready for your reviews now! @marketingdao-council

2 Likes

Good morning. It’s an expensive social media outsourcing company. I can’t support it. For example, the Near Insider project (as I remember, actively supported by people from the Near Concierge team and Creative mod team) can be cheaper.

Here is another good option:

Would you like to hire people from ex-degens team with the same or better experience?

Please, don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to approve extra “fees” from Near Community treasure to this kind of company when we have over one million community members in Near. Please, create a post on our tg group and give them a chance to work on your Twitter account and other sm platforms.

1. What problem is the website solving?
  2. How is the problem being solved?
  3. How does this help get to billions of users?

Have a wonderful day!

3 Likes

Hello and thanks for your input. As I may have mentioned, marketing is definitely not my thing. So any help is greatly appreciated. Could you elaborate on the Near Insider project, I do not know anything about it.

We have no problem contacting and possibly hiring people from the ex-degens team. We contacted Flying Rhino because they were recommended to us and hearing that they were part of Near sounded encouraging. I personally have no idea what marketing teams charge for their services.

The only other experience I have had with marketing is through INA DAO, of which I am a council member. We hired a Social Media manager, but it seems to me that we are still doing most of the work. Yes, they post stuff on SM (in that case IG and Twitter), but we have to create all templates and posters we want to have posted, unless they are posting artworks from our monthly shows. This has created a greater burden on our council members.

With LP DAO, we wanted someone to be in charge of not only making posts, but creating the artwork for the posts as well as working out a strategy on how to not only raise awareness of our DAO but to help bring people into the NEAR ecosystem. As well, we wanted someone to also help us with our marketing proposals. From experience, this is a full time job.

That said, could you please tell me who to contact at ex-degens. Or do you think we should go back to creating a bounty? Again at INA our SM person only posts 3x a week on 2 platforms and they are receiving more than $200 a month for this. So how much could we reasonably offer to do all of what we are asking above?

Regarding the website -

1. What problem is the website solving?
    We feel that the website will aid non-Web3 users into transitioning to the Web3 ecosystem, and in particular the NEAR ecosystem. To us, the website will be the first landing point for anyone interested in what we are trying to do, which is to bring live performers into the Metaverse and Web3.
  2. How is the problem being solved?
    The LP DAO website will be the main hub for everything we do. It will provide links to all of our SM channels. It will provide instructional videos, or links to instructional videos already made, on how to become a participating member of not only our DAO, but the NEAR ecospace. It will also be a repository of past events and performances that will get people excited about entering this new space, which we believe is the future of the internet.
  3. How does this help get to billions of users?
    Billions of users might be a bit far-fetched, but we would be happy to have thousands of users to start! Everyone is familiar with websites, not so much Web3 spaces. We believe that having a website, is a great starting point to provide awareness to people of the potential of Web3, the Metaverse and in particular NEAR. The main thing that our website will provide is a stepping stone to the future.

Thank you for your consideration and all of your help so far.

2 Likes

And our main project, the “Metaverse Got Talent” aims to bring attention to the multiple Metaverse spaces available, including the ones that are NEAR based.
So we want to bring a lot of attention from both live performances and an audience that is already hearing a buzz around the metaverse idea and loves to watch these kinds of shows, what I think will make people more interested on the possibilities of use to blockchain technology, making it more visible and interactive to regular web users :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good evening, I believe you need to compare rates between:

• Near Insider, Near mates, Near Daily Flying Rhino, and other social media promo companies;

By the way, who recommended Flying Rhino? I will reach out to ex-Degens leadership. But you can take a look on teammates in Creativities DAO.

Thanks

Would you be able to guide me to where I can find info about these companies? I’m sorry, what is teammates?
@vandal recommended Flying Rhino.

@near.insider or https://twitter.com/near_insider

https://twitter.com/Near_Mates

https://twitter.com/NEAR_daily

1 Like

Hi, I have contacted all 3 of the links you have provided. As well I posted on the Creative’s DAO chat and asked for suggestions. As soon as I hear back from them I will adjust the proposal accordingly. Thank you for taking the time to help me.

1 Like

I’m struggling to understand the nature of this project, “The Metaverse’s Got Talent.”

You are running an ongoing or one time event? What is the platform from which this event will take place? What is the format? Do you have any info on the project aside from the other people that will be helping to promote it?

I’m sorry, it’s a no from me without detailed clarification.

1 Like

Hi Klint, Have you had a chance to look at our introduction about what our DAO is about? The Metaverse’s Got Talent is the first event we are running through our DAO. We thought it would be a fun way to introduce live performances to the metaverse. If it is a success, we will consider having one yearly, but it is only the first event we are planning to have. It will be hosted in 2 metaverse spaces to start - NearHub and Voxels. If you need more details let me know, but I think the above linked introduction is pretty concise. Thank you for taking the time to look at our project!

1 Like

Thanks for your proposal.

I am unable to support a proposal for such a new DAO. There are several reasons for this:

• Passion projects: I’d like to see the founders do the work. Can they actually execute? If they can’t gain traction organically, no amount of money will make this a success.
  • Outsourcing marketing from day 1 is a recipe for disaster - if the team is not clear on what they stand for, what they want to achieve, etc. it is impossible for a third party agency to help you. They won’t say it as they still get paid and it is your fault.

Also, for future projects please include a list of all the projects the Council members are currently involved in.

2 Likes

Hey @GeminiRising thanks for the proposal and willingness to take the feedback and answer questions from the council.

My perspective is that your project could be a great way to engage new users and build community, but that I think you need to try to generate some interest and traction organically before you build a web site and get an agency involved for marketing.

If your proposal was for funding to continue an experimental event you hosted that went well and you wanted support to continue it, then I would be more likely to support it.

2 Likes