[Proposal] Lisbon Hackathon Aug-Sept 12

Just submitted this @mecsbecs, sorry for the delay :pray:

Tomorrow we have the first day of the Hackathon in Lisbon!

Kick-off session from 10h until 17h. We will have 2 talks given by @vandal about the NEAR Ecosystem and Social Tokens.

Register here: https://forms.gle/XsvgEPBnQjyYvXsp7

Facebook Event: Here

1 Like

Following up the development on the Lisbon Hack Node, here we are on our second day after a awesome Kick-Off last friday, more information in the thread and some photos.

1 Like

Reposting the work report for the month of August for our Lisbon Hack Node.

Any comments or details explained please feel free to ask.

2 Likes

Hi team, just to update on the budget of this. @TRosario and me went through it today and updated.

Highlights are:

• Originally we thought the budget was in NEAR and not $ so we designed our event for a 11-day budget which may of exceeded the global budget guidelines
  • Since the proposal and now, the value of NEAR has increased significantly, and we now have a better estimate of our costs which are lower (budget has been updated above) which has helped balance things.
  • We now estimate our total budget will be 1674.6NEAR which is more or less 7.5k€ / 9k$. We have already had a payout of 1139NEAR so will be submitting another once this has had approval.

@mecsbecs please have a read to get reacquainted and we’ll await your consensus :+1:t4:

Thanks all

2 Likes

Summary of First Week’s Lisbon Hackathon 27th Aug – 3th Sept

So after this first week of the Lisbon Hack Node we are really happy to report our implementations and hacks. The collectives and projects that were presented were mainly from the Lisbon City or surrounding areas like Almada.

Participants: Physically at Arroz Estúdios: 23 / Online: 4

We will provide all the registration done via Google Forms emails and Wallets in the end of the Hackathon.

Projects:

27th Aug - DLBC Lisboa – Associação para o Desenvolvimento Local de Base Comunitária de Lisboa

Direct translation would be Association of Local and Community Development of Lisbon, which is a funded project by the Portuguese government and Lisboa 2020. The project started in June and they have a 18th month project financed to create a Local Coin in the city of Lisbon.
They want to implement the local coin for social use and community-based projects that don’t have the ability to receive funding in Euros. Creating a circular economic and decentralize from the usual implementations of funding proposals, creating more open possibilities for associations that deal with social work and empower them.

https://rededlbclisboa.pt

Next steps: Meetings are being scheduled to brief their team, give presentations in Portuguese and explain more about blockchain technology and NEAR Protocol.

31st Aug – Gruta – Plataform / Label / Production

Gruta is an Almada/Lisbon project created in 2016 with the idea to create a plataform for more emergent Music Artists. Now with more than 90 Podcasts recorded in video and shared thought Youtube and social media, with around 57 000 views, it has created a big community and attracted totally different crowds and scenes. Creating and co-organizating with different collectives dozens of events throught the years, has also collaborated with Portugal City Halls and sponsorships to create and show their perspective with Cultural events.
Last year it expanded their work to exist as Record Label also. Now with 17 releases available online, they range from EP’s, Albums and Singles. It has grown with the contacts from artists, musicians and venue organizations.
Production was always one big aspect of the project, with renting logistics audio, video, services, technicians, consulting, communication, digital marketing and executive production

Facebook / Instagram / SoundCloud / YouTube / gruta.live
Wallet created: gruta.near

Hack ideas already developed to be deployed:

• Use and presentation of the NEAR Wallet, Sputnik DAO and GOV Forum to collective members.
  • Artistic Material created as NFT’s, ranging from Music, Artwork, Podcasts, Visual and Design Material
  • List the full contacts of production and services introduced into the already existing tools or the creation of new tools using NEAR and blockchain technology
  • Events management, ticketing and contracts run with the NEAR Protocol
  • Introducing Faucet’s, Airdrop’s and tips into any means of media they share.
  • Curating events with NEAR Ecosystem integration within the Lisbon Area
  • Use of Bounties to implement task management and widening the network using NEAR and use of Blockchain Technology
  • Social Work with production tools they have to give back to the community chances and ways of experiment with technology.

Next steps: Maintaining contact and introduce the full team to the NEAR Ecosystem in the next meetings. Presentation on the Forum and the creation of the DAO.

1st Sept – Mãe Solteira – Record Label, Booking Agency, Events Producer, Activism

Mãe Solteira does a very important job with the Feminist and Queer community, helping spread their skills and showing the need for their participation in world decision making questions.
It started last year, with a very firm schedule as releases, bookings, events and activism leads. It works in activism, creation of tools of information and investigation for the general population to participate. Giving back the differences and needs that need to be address. As Booking Agency it tries to create a plataform of engaging their artists with venues and other collectives. Producing big events with a very political and decentralization of power stance, disrupting the usual chain of command and prejudice we can still see on a daily basis.
They also have another branch of the collective called Post Carbon Collective that uses 3D simulations and virtual reality in a transhumanism topic and theme.

Bandcamp / Instagram / Facebook
Wallet created: maesolteirarecs.near

• Investigation and data management work to create manuals, data analysis and presentations for the general population and institutional organizations so they can help spread their activism
  • Use and presentation of the NEAR Wallet, Sputnik DAO and GOV Forum to collective members.
  • Artistic Material created as NFT’s, ranging from Music, Artwork, Podcasts, Visual and Design Material
  • Use of Bounties to implement task management and widening the network using NEAR and use of Blockchain Technology

Next steps: Maintaining contact and introduce the full team to the NEAR Ecosystem in the next meetings. Presentation on the Forum and the creation of the DAO.

2nd Sept – Rádio Ophelia – Community based Online Radio with shows and interviews.

“Rádio Ophelia is an on-line community, pirate, radio, streaming live from Almada with its transmission fully dedicated to the independent music scene.
We first started transmitting in January 2018, and our work since has been creating a network between independent artists and/or labels, or communities, and to be a meeting point and a platform of communion and promotion of those same artists or collectives.
So far, we are cooperating with over 50 artists, labels or collectives, from all across Portugal, and we count around 500 shows produced and transmitted live, all of them available on Mixcloud.”

radio-ophelia.pt / Instagram / Facebook
Wallet created: radioophelia.near

Creation of an online Radio that will host talks, integrations and communication on everything * related to the NEAR Ecosystem in Lisbon.

• Managing Rights and developing new decentralized ways to manage them giving property ownership to the own artists.
  • Introducing Faucet’s, Airdrop’s and tips into to communication tools and radio shows.

This project will be forward and continued in the Lisbon City Node.

2nd Sept – HOC - Hub de Oficinas Comunitárias – Advance of technology and tools in ONG’s and Social Communities

The project is born with the idea of developing technology to forward the decentralization and give the tools of optimization to social care institutions and ONG’s. The connections with a few institutions are already established and the work already deployed in the creation of dashboards and general tools for their specific project. Social innovation is a must as a tool of activism, so giving the communities ways of interpretation of their own rights, assets and value to empower them. Main goals are to achieve structure and finance to give options and opportunity’s that can scale to needs of each type of organization. The gap is huge and statistically there’s more than proof of a need to innovate in the social sector.
This project was developed in works with different institutions and not as a specific institution but the forward idea is to create as soon as possible identity for this idea. It was promised to be delivered in the following weeks.

• Creation of a Social Token for the implementation, management and services related to the voluntary work to give incentive to the own project.
  • Use of already created tools that can be decentralized, community-based and transparent
  • Funding from internal and external partnerships for social innovation
  • Digital and financial capacitation to identities of Social Economy status and their public targets
  • Cultural, Communitarian and Institutional mediation using Web3.0 and blockchain technology
  • Services of reporting and analytics using Web 3.0 and blockchain technology
  • Official certified formation in economics and blockchain technology.

3rd of Sept – Arroz Criativo Challenge “Social Tokens and their Use Cases” & Summary Creation

• Meeting with participant and mid review, directing ways and purpose broadness of the challenge in question. Evaluation of what has already been created.
  • Creation of documentation and summary to the work done until now in the Hackathon

This is a summary information from what I have gathered from extended meetings with the collectives. Please contribute to this ideas and way’s of getting us forward with our community.

This project’s will also be forward and continued in the Lisbon City Node.

In a responsability definition, I asked this collectives to deliver in the following week more information about the projects they have, which I will help in the construction using the current technology we have and I know off.
I also gave instructions for the creation of their own DAO’s and present their work of this forum, I will help them in this subject wherever I can :slight_smile:

@chloe @mecsbecs Please guide anyway we can improve the communication to this collectives with innovative ways and integrations to our NEAR Ecosystem.

4 Likes

Awesome, seems like the hackathon is off to a great start in lisbon!

As always, anyone from the near Community who considers themselves a creative leader can join the creative Guild leaders chat on Telegram: Telegram: Contact @CreativeGuilds

That is probably the most efficient way for creatives to start getting support within the wider NEAR ecosystem. From there, we can direct them wherever they need/want to go :ok_hand:t4: (for example maybe the dev chat: Telegram: Contact @neardev)

2 Likes

Hi @TRosario - great summary of what looks like it was a busy week!

Awesome to see the stand-out ideas folks are hacking away on and already how you’re seeing the next steps for them.

Question about this first project you listed here - was this group present at the Hack Node or involved in the Hack Node activities? Since this doesn’t seem to be related to the Hack Node and the MetaBUIDL Hackathon, seems like this would be a perfect addition to your Lisboa City Node brief of activities in August in the staff payout post (because having their involvement in the City Node would be absolutely incredible!). Really trying to avoid too much confusion between the two entities, so not sure how it fits here - unlike the others who seem to be engaged in the ongoing Hackathon in some capacity:

Also wondering how the Arroz’s challenge would be transferred over to the City Node work when this is a challenge undertaken by the organization to deploy a social token for the specific Arroz Criativo Guild?

Happy to discuss more in our weekly meeting on Monday to be sure there’s the dev support needed to help bring this concepts from ideation to execution.

2 Likes

Hi @StevenR - the wealth of activity and costs here definitely exceed the Hack Node budget guidelines so there is a need to reassess:

The funds of 1,139 NEAR (which is equivalent to USD $7,232.65 as of today) paid on event launch would be sufficient to cover venue and associated costs as listed now but the staffing and operations costs are not in line with what is on offer per the Hack Nodes Open Call - Hackathon 1 Update.

Having the space available for folks to drop in and engage in your Hack Node challenge, and to participate in your established programming at Arroz Estudios, is a lovely complement to the MetaBUIDL Hackathon but was not part of the original ask as an item that required separate budget. Please revise the staffing and ops costs to show in EUR or USD not exceeding USD $1,500. Great to see you’re tracking registration with the registration bonus on offer in mind, and please also review the Open Call Forum post to see the details of the prize pool for your open challenge and the press mention bonus also on offer for your reference.

Looking at how the Lisboa Hack Node’s budget compares to other Hack Nodes in other localities where they had to rent a different venue to host their viewing party event and/or closing event shows shows a huge discrepancy that is not equitable. Happy to discuss further on Monday if there are any questions.

1 Like

Thanks for appreciating the summary :slight_smile:

@chloe I will forward people to these telegram groups, thanks for tip. I am trying to get them engaged on the forums and use the communication tools that already exist. It will for sure increase their work within NEAR Ecosystem.

@mecsbecs I am trying to compile more steps and directions for each of this collectives/projects so they be as much immersed as possible.

About that first project, I will updated it in the Lisbon City Node brief of activities, I wrote it here because they came to the Hackathon specificly. There were 2 persons from their team at Hackathon Kick-Off event, in which earlier that week, they reached us by email speaking of wanting to participate and explained their project. They were there to learn more about the Hackathon and how it would be conducted.

After the introduction talks that happened, I personally went to speak to them because I recognised a possibilty of something getting lost in translation. They said one of their team members didn’t speak English. Also they don’t have any blockchain technology knowledge.
Their project is still looking for a Computers Engineer from what they said. I also talked a bit about Social Tokens and NEAR Protocol technology and how they could use it in their project.

All of this is really interesting and I really want to pursuit this in the following weeks, during the Hackathon and for the Lisbon Node afterwards, since I work in both teams.
I want to make a portuguese presentation to their team, getting closer to their project and engage in more meetings with their full collective and project. Our connection should grow as much as possible.

About that description of the Arroz Challenge, it’s an error in my wording. I will edit the post.
Arroz Creativo challenge itself won’t transpose. I was trying to speak only about the Hack ideas and projects that have already engaged with us in the Lisbon Hackathon, those will be continued on the Lisbon City Node work and I will pursuit for the best of their implementation using the NEAR Ecosystem. I believe the community really needs the push so they start engaging more.

About the Challenge itself, we wanted the creation of a guide that could help Arroz Criativo in their own creation of a Social Token, but not only, we want it to be used by the community for their own ideas and creations!

I am following the participants work and I had introductory meeting this Friday with one of them to see what already is being done. Me and @StevenR are also putting this forward with the help of another judge @diminator and scheduling next meetings.
Indeed if possible please forward us a Dev that could help us achieve something great!

Any other information needed please say :grinning:

2 Likes

@mecsbecs

Could I get the help of Dev to have a meeting for Lisbon Hack Node Challenge ([HACKATHON CHALLENGE] Creating a Use Case for Social Tokens) with me, @isonar (Challenge participant), @diminator (Judge) and @StevenR . So we can get this challenge perfect :slight_smile:

The time we are scheduling it would be 17:30 UTC+1.

1 Like

Logistics wise, is this planned to be 1h session?

Should be 30-60 minutes max, I think.

1 Like

Hey everyone!

We are announcing our final day of the Hackathon!
We’re happy how our first Hackathon took place, and we’re looking forward for the next ones!
I want to thank everyone who participated in the event, so now it’s time to find out the winner of the challenge!

Follow up the event here

Hello everyone. This is where I should have posted my work for the Hackathon - so sorry about the mix-up!

I’ve been sending graphics to @halisonlp and @TRosario for the Lisbon Hackathon event, including:

• Banners announcing the event, formatted for Facebook, Instagram, and print
  • Banners for the kick-off, formatted for Facebook and print
  • Two sets of social media templates for posting updates, information, and events within the Hackathon
  • Banners for the closing day, formatted for Facebook and print

Thanks.

2 Likes

Now presenting the summary for the second week of this Lisbon Hackathon.
Sorry for the delay I was busy with the restructure of the Lisbon City Node.

There were 3 collectives presented and 2 ideas developed during that week.

Projects and Ideas:

1. CAN – Community Association Network

In almost every country on a legal status basis one of the biggest types of organizations is Associations. They usually run non-profit and have their own niche, that being art, social, culture, communities, music, sports or even country’s foreign gatherings abroad.

So, with this we had the idea to create an open-source Community Association Network dApp that specializes in delivering this experience and facilitating communication between these Associations and collectives within themselves. Creating funds, markets, services and giving sustainability and progress with the tools each one of these legal institutions have.

This idea was firstly developed by me @TRosario , @StevenR and @parisinocencio , afterwards spoken briefly to a few others associations in the Lisbon Area that we have connections too. This was on ideation stages a few months ago, and we already had a few documentations prepared, but now with the possibilities of integration with blockchain technologies it grows in perspective and reach.

Click here for a draft diagram about the idea for the project.

Hack ideas being developed:

• Creation of a dApp Dashboard with a connected NEAR Wallet for each Association
  • Create a Framework so new features can be introduced and built upon the Network using the NEAR Ecosystem. The Dapp could and should have functions like association bar, memberships, services, crowdfunding, event ticketing, bounties, stores, etc. Giving each association a lot of tools to work with.
  • Use other Open-Source alternatives that currently are being developed or are already developed.
  • Social Token creation for liquidity incentive, governance and reward system.
  • Sustainability ideas using Blockchain Technology and NEAR Ecosystem
  • Staking, Liquidity Pools and other Defi implementations.
  • Legality and law implications of this Network

Next steps: More ideation, planning, team creation and project roadmap, making proposals on GOV forum to begin this project, searching for alternatives in the already created and Open-Source dApps.

2. DINNEAR – Meal Card Network of Restaurants and Food Services

Food being a primary need in our everyday lives, creating a food service network of restaurants that accept payments with NEAR would work wonders for a real Use Case. There are a lot of companies that give part of their food payments for employees in Meal Cards.

Connecting this idea to Staking could improve these types of payments, and even develop a social food service. If you had the ability in each month to receive a certain part of your payment from a company or project in NEAR or DINNEAR tokens already. DINNEAR being staked tokenized NEAR. DINNEAR could be burned when used at a food service or you would receive the staking rewards for holding the DINNEAR. Also, the staking network fees would be used for project sustainability and to create a food social service of like a soup kitchen for people in need.

Next steps: Still a draft idea, more ideation, planning, legality and Blockchain technologic know how is need to start to build this project.

3. Garden Collective – Irish creative collective now based in Portugal.

They already made their introduction in the Lisbon City Node, so I leave you to read it, leaving you with better idea about the project.

Next steps: Meetings will be made to try and connect with their project and onboard them with technologies that NEAR Protocol as to offer and blockchain technology.

• Ticketing for their events using newest tool Mintbase called Redeemer
  • List of the services introduced into the already existing tools or the creation of new tools using NEAR and blockchain technology

4. Almáfia – Youth Skaters Collective

A collective created in Almada for the community of the skaters in the city, with the purpose of creating a platform help to spread their skaters work and attitude. Running nonprofit, they create skating spots around the city and use filming, photography and media content has one their strengths. They currently have, with a few podcasts’ episodes created and more in the making. They work a lot with the youth in specific giving knowledge and showing that DIY attitude can thrive in this world. They have created clothing and custom t-shirts as a way trying to connect with the outside community and showing their community designs. They try to get the knowledge broaden about the history and political stance of what a public space is, they address this issue constantly and tend to have very strong opinion about it. Since it’s a really youth project, usually kids are easily connected with technology, gaming, visual media and art.

This project is really community drive and decentralized since there isn’t any structure control over it. It is really cool in an investigation perspective how could Blockchain technology or just technology be used to empower these types of collectives. They correlated a lot in digital creation and use but from a totally physical attitude and culture perspective.

Facebook / Instagram / Youtube

• Photography and Filming Services
  • Creating workshops, sponsorships and onboarding sessions for the youth to be involved in the technology and its use case in Skate culture
  • Curating events with NEAR Ecosystem integration within the Lisbon/Almada Area
  • Investigation on how Community related technologies and how to apply them to their own collectives

Next steps: Maintaining contact and introduce to the NEAR Ecosystem in the next meetings, Presentation on the Forum, try and achieve ways to connect this really physical project with the technology and giving tools of sustainability since it’s a totally non-profit project for the youth and culture.

5. Trafka – Record Label, Music Studio, Events Producer

Trafka is a Music/Studio collective from Lisbon, that deals with different perspectives of more underground soundscapes and genres. Consistently trying to show more darker sounds and moods, it runs parties with their own collective DJs, Live Acts, Bands, Visuals and specific community. They encompass a strong visual identity and what to grow in that sense.

They currently have a music studio project that is constantly growing and recording more artists. Currently located at Arroz Estúdios. They have been collecting material and studio equipment to deliver the best professional use that any artist may need.

Instagram / Facebook

• Studio Services payments and managed with NEAR also besides Fiat.

Next steps: Maintaining contact and introduce to the NEAR Ecosystem in the next meetings, Presentation on the Forum.

–//–

@mecsbecs @chloe

This is a summary information from what I have gathered from meetings with the collectives and ideas hacked. Please contribute to these ideas and ways of getting us forward with our community.
I asked the collectives to deliver in the following weeks more information about their projects, and have and try and introduce them to the Lisbon City Node governance forum category.

I will make another post on this thread for the rest of the reporting information needed.

3 Likes

Here is the next report details from our Hackathon for the Challenge and Bonus Participants:

Hackathon Challenge:

We had a submission to our “Creating a Use Case for Social Tokens” challenge by @isonar (singulart.near).

That you find the submission here:

Judge @diminator and @StevenR are currently reviewing the Challenge with the Score Card from the MetaBUIDL Website.

Bonus Participants:

There were 24 participants at this Hackathon in our registration.

NEAR Wallet Wallet User Project
radioophelia.near Rádio Ophelia Rádio Ophelia
jesuscrido.near João Ferreira Rádio Ophelia
atomate.near André Tomate Rádio Ophelia
meioeder.near Eder Barbosa Rádio Ophelia
hub_oc.near Hub de Oficinas Comunitárias Hub de Oficinas Comunitárias
antonioalves.near António Alves Hub de Oficinas Comunitárias
gruta.near Gruta Gruta
tresa.near Teresa Rodrigues Gruta
maesolrecords.near Mãe Solteira Records Mãe Solteira Records
marianne.near Marianne Mãe Solteira Records
mianieves.near Mia Nieves Mãe Solteira Records
ndr0n.near Afonso Proença Mãe Solteira Records
hugolopez.near Hugo Lopez Mãe Solteira Records
sputs.near Sara Mãe Solteira Records
laureana.near Kássia Laureano Mãe Solteira Records
panamapapers.near Panama Papers Panama Papers
almafia.near Almáfia Almáfia
trafka.near Trafka Trafka
tolga.near Tolga Arroz Criativo
bittrees.near Jonathan Bittrees
nxm-live.near Vandal NxM
parisinocencio.near Paris Inocêncio HOC
tediv.near Eddie Ivers Garden Collective
edenf.near Eden Flaherty Garden Collective

@mecsbecs @chloe
Here are the next details for ao Lisbon Hack Node, any details needed to please ask. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@TRosario great to see this reporting of how the second week went and the Hack Node registrants you on boarded with new wallets! {Aside: LOL at whoever is “panama papers” - stellar name :ok_hand:t4:}

All of these partners and hack ideas seem like they’ll be a natural fit for the Lisboa City Node, to help take these relationships forward and to fit a spot for them within the wider NEAR community based in Lisbon.

Yes, please post a complete registration list and calculate how much you are entitled to as a registration bonus according to the Hack Nodes Open Call - Hackathon 1 Update. In this final payout request, please also add a request for the prize pool for your challenge winner. Please post this total in USD (with the $NEAR conversion rate stated) and when all is in order you can claim this amount through payout proposal to the Community Squad DAO to the Hack Node DAO address.

Lastly, a post-event recap blog post and full report/accounting - including any media impressions or mentions, stats on attendance and social media engagement, if any funds are left in the DAO, and so on - are also needed per the above Open Call post. Please be sure to include your challenges and any blockers you encountered, and any more successes (to add to the cool partners and projects listed above).

1 Like

Thanks for the aid on completing this report!

Also Panama Papers is a music label from Barreiro, that deals not with offshore accounts but with off the ground music releases :slight_smile: on the other side of our river. They have close connection to ADAO, a huge creative hub and really cool place that I want to onboard to the Lisbon City Node.

On the Hackathon subject, I just updated the registration list with the rest of the names and wallets.

Here follows the rest of the information needed:

Registrations Bonus: 24 Participants → 24 x 5$ = 120$ = 16,95N
($7.08 - Coingecko, 27/09/2021, 20:00)

Challenge Winner: $5000 = 706.21N

Total:

120 $ + 5000 $ = 5120 $
16.95 N + 706.21 N = 743,95 N

Judge Submission Winner: @isonar

We already filled the excel file with the Winner for the Hackathon Challenge.

Is this everything for me to submit the the payout proposal at Community Squad DAO with this post ? @mecsbecs

I will follow with the full final report for the Hackathon in a different post.

2 Likes

@TRosario looks good me. Since the partner challenge winners are being announced tomorrow (cc: @norah.near) we will follow up after that, since that will be the official conclusion of all Hack Node-related activities.

Thanks for your patience!

4 Likes