[APPROVED] Jazz DAO - Funding Proposal July 2022

Guild: Jazz DAO
Treasury: jazzdao.sputnik-dao.near
Council Members: @vicentetbh ; @pan_tastick ; @squattingPigeon

Dear community members,

The Jazz DAO has been very active in June despite many hurdles.

Our report can be seen here.

In July we have a calendar packed with 4 events with our institutional partner Carpintarias de São Lázaro.

Our onboarding strategy at the moment is focused on artists and their attending communities, even post events and off site.

As of last week we also had other DAOs from other protocols attending our events. Our marketing as a DAO is drawing attention from the space as well as outside of it. Our partner institution has deeply rooted connection in the art with which we are also getting acquainted as we develop events with them.

In the pipeline we also have a monthly larger event planned where we are offered the entire building with conferencing facilities and 2 large art galleries to develop workshops and onboarding events. This is planned to start by October.

Projects:

4 x Live events at Carpintarias de São Lázaro rooftop: 3300$

Staking for commercial premises: 500$ (original links can be seen here and here.

Council work: 1140$

Total requested: 4940$

Thank you very much for you support!

7 Likes

Hello Jazz DAO. I’m glad you approve of this proposal, but, we have some data to offer =)

Discussing with the moderators, we realized that maybe you could try more open projects and give more diversity to the members who receive funding through your projects. Creating generosities is a good way to do that. Maybe some music challenge or something to create Logos for your festivals or something. This will give more power to your proposals. Remember that the big goal of this community is to create decentralized DAO’s that can share funds to give many artists and professionals the opportunity to create art.

That said, I’m happy to inform that this proposal follows the Creatives DAO Guidelines, so it is approved by the Community Moderators. Please create a poll on the Creatives DAO Astrodao , so that the council can vote. When and if the vote of the council is ‘yes’, approach NF for your payout proposal, following this guideline: [New Process] Community Payouts . Also, Feel free to join our Discord Server to Post Your Monthly Reports and Funding Proposals for Better Organization.

4 Likes

Dear @hevertonharieno ,

Apologizes for the late answer and thank you very much for your feedback.

I do welcome your proposal to implement more open projects. For a matter of context, we still didn’t get the funding for June, as a result we built up debt and are proceeding carefully in regards to our planned activities. Anyways, we were already thinking of launching an open call to the community for developing our new logo, which we’ll be able to do as soon as we get the funds. As per your suggestion, we will also start thinking of new open projects and ways to engage more deeply with our community to be implemented soon.

In regards to decentralization and being beneficial to artists and professionals, I would like to point out that the focus of our DAO has always been on inclusivity and accessibility to all. Despite the delays in funding, we are managing to keep up with some of our planned activities, above all weekly events with our institutional partner (with whom we are able to delay payments, unlike other activities that unfortunately we had to cancel). In these events (Sunday evening music sessions featuring DJs and bands on a rooftop in central Lisbon) our policy is to book a diverse range of artists and professionals, focusing on gender equality and trying to reach out to people and artists from all over the world. We are waiting for the funds to process payments to several artists that have already been educated on Near platform and tools and the onboarding process. As the response to the events has been truly overwhelming (if interested, info and media can be found on our instagram/social media: linktr.ee/jazz.dao), onboarding of all attendees during these events is logistically difficult, therefore our focus on onboarding artists first at the moment. We are planning a more diverse range of activities that will focus more deeply on education of web3 tools and Near platform, such as workshops and monthly podcasts + radio show, and we are confident that we will be able to implement them soon as we continue to learn and grow.

Finally, I’d just like to say that I am personally dealing with a lot of work on different sides, therefore the delay in answering and the somehow limited engagement here on the forum. I am still relatively new to DAOs and the whole ecosystem, so it’s a lot of information to process. I am truly enthusiast about this space and the efforts the community is putting into it and am willing to continue learning and interact more with the whole community in the Near :smiley: future.

Thank you once again for your precious feedback and work!
All the best,

Vanja

2 Likes

Don’t worry and thank you for your thoughtful reply. We are all here to grow together and find good ways to put our projects into practice. =)

Long life to Jazz DAO <3

2 Likes