[APPROVED] Introduction + Creating NearbooksDAO

Hello Community,

I am glad to be here in this community and would like to bring to the table my experiences and lessons.

INTRODUCTION

I am Jacqueline Rodriguez (Jackie Rodz) I am a traveller. I am an author. I am a developer.

I have travelled across 12 Countries. Now in India. Next destination Berlin.

I worked with Kenfolios. The NewYoker. Elle. FastCompany.

I have worked with School Kids and taught them poetry, spoken poetry, English, grammar, and now have edited and published books by kids. Written 2 poetry books. Edited 14 books under by banner Paperless

Here to increase my knowledge about WEB#3. Meet Amazing People. Create amazing projects.

PROPOSAL

Creating NearBooks DAO

1. What is NearBooks DAO: It’s a book/magazine publishing community.

NearBooks DAO will be a publishing arm of NEAR. It will publish books, content on a website. (This category includes books, stories, articles, and anthologies written by NEAR members and others from outside the Near Ecosystem.

1. We have many writers and poets here who have written books and poems, many of which have lately been submitted to an ongoing bounty. We’ll promote and onboard such talented people to the community and other aspiring artists.

2. We will have our own store on Paras/Mintbase where we can have these books, magazines minted.

3. The main reason for doing this is that we have a phygital access (a buyer can buy the nft and will get a physical book sent out)

How this works:
Here comes the main fun of working on this project. Since I am already active in this space of books and content publishing, I have access to Amazon Sellers, [https://www.barnesandnoble.com] etc so I can get any books on their system. So a buyer will buy a NFT and we will ship the physical copy of the book to the address. This exclusive offer will be available to the first 100 buyers only. This will create a portal for the new web3 of interested folks to join the NEAR ecosystem. They can buy physical copies and will get direct access to the NFTs and vice-versa.

I have a team of my own and I can manage the entire plan and execution. I have spoken to other publishers as well, but that will come later as we move ahead.

ROAD MAP

SEPT-OCTO 2022

• NEARBooks DAO-publishing books in both paperback and digital (ebooks) + as NFTs

• We will begin by focusing on authors who are active on the Near Forum. We will begin to onboard new publishing authors to NEAR and take advantage of the benefits of selling on web3.

• Collaborating with and promoting various published authors’ books on the NEAR

• Creating a store at MintBase and Paras and Minting NFTS

• Setting up Social Media

1. NOV-DEC 2022
  • Setting up the website, Plans, Proposals, Collaborations etc

• collaborations with other publishers and onboaring their authors/poets and their books.

• Warehousing of the books, Print on Demand, etc

JAN-FEB 2023

• I will organise an event for these authors and poets to have a LIVE experience of the Near Ecosystem.

TARGET:

We plan to onboard 300 books, poetry collections, anthologies, articles, and write-ups.

Plan to onboard 300 new people to the NEAR Ecosystem with their wallets, custom wallet names

We plan to have bounties and contests to engage our community members.

By February 2023, we will have onboarded 300 new people and 700+ people in the near ecosystem (buyers, lookers, people who want to have a basic understanding of how it works, people who want to try buying NFTs).

We will have free NFTs for new people

• Guild name: NEARbooks DAO / PaperlessDAO
  • Funding scheme: Monthly / Quarterly
  • Initiative summary, be sure to include:
    • Expected impact and value you foresee for the NEAR ecosystem/community - Onboarding of new members and new books/book art/illustrations etc
    • Metrics for measuring success: We have plans of having over 700+ real people joining the ecosystem by Feb 2023
    • Estimated timeline and achievement milestones Feb 2023
  • Links to similar, previously funded forum proposals (if applicable) NIL
  • Funding Details
    • Total requested amount in USD and NEAR (price based at the time of posting) $2000
    • NEAR Wallet ID / DAO jackierodz.near
    • Wallet owner’s name Jacqueline Rodriguez aka Jackie Rodz

Funding:

Publishing Costs: $200
(It includes ISBNs, copyrights, etc.)
Printing Cost: $300
Cover Design: $100
Typesetting, Layout, Design $300
Social Media Setup: $300
(banners & posters for facebook, instagram,twitter)
Nearbooks DAO Seller Account $300
(Setting up Seller Accounts on Amazon India, Amazon.com, and Warehousing Fee)
WEB#3 Space $300
(creating near wallets, mintbase/paras accounts, and onboarding artists).
Existing authors/writers of NEAR community $300
(bringing their books into the physical format and making them available worldwide for buying)

*P.S. Paperless is my publishing imprint, all my edited books/articles have been under this name

I am open to council members who are interested to join this DAO provided we work together. I am very happy to bring my dreams here and look forwards for extended support.

4 Likes

Hi @JakieRodz,

Thanks for the proposal. Would you mind clarifying some of the details of your proposal?

1). Tasks and Deliverables
Can you please break down the deliverables and the tasks that you will complete and tie them directly to the budget?

2). How do you plan on discovering and onboarding new authors to your store?

3). How will people discover your mintbase store?

2 Likes

Hi.
Your offer is interesting, especially for book lovers. Share your previous works, preferably about the ecosystem or cryptocurrency, if any. What price are you planning to set for books? How will you get information about developers and their work?
Thx :blush:

@stalking How will I get the information?

I will go to their house, meet them, do a survey, fill up forms, have coffee and then get their information.

1 Like

Hi.
Your answer is simple, clear and effective. I hope the coffee will be delicious and the conversation will be useful.

@pathfinder 4 days of joining the forum and over 50+ replies, you seems to be a VERY active and EFFECTIVE personality. Thanks for your SUPPORT

1 Like

I’m stalking everyone. Don’t forget to reply to Klint’s message.

Thanks for your proposal,

It appears to me that this is not really a Marketing Proposal but rather a business plan proposal for a book venture. As a venture, it is also at a very early stage - ideas. Hence why I am not able to support this proposal at this time.

Notes -

• De-risk the venture, work in your project like that startups it aims to be. Once you have some traction and something to show, come back for budgeting.
  • We are receiving a high number of applications, we are prioritising by the ones that can have the most impact in he ecosystem;
  • Core areas of focus now for maximum impact are developers, builders and end users. Writers and book industry is both extremely hard to crack and at the very tail end of user adoption. I’ll be the first one to support you along the way but it is not the best use of community funds at this stage.

Hello @Klint

Thanks for the proposal. Would you mind clarifying some of the details of your proposal?

1). Tasks and Deliverables
Can you please break down the deliverables and the tasks that you will complete and tie them directly to the budget?
A. I have just updated the proposal with the details where the funding will be used.
My tasks is to onboard my existing authors/poets/writers and their work to Near Ecosystem. I am targeting first 20-30 folks . (The number is less and real coz its going to be a task to make them aware how they will benefit in WEB3. Once the 1st batch is onboarded then it becomes easy to pull in rest of the community and get them to Near)

2). How do you plan on discovering and onboarding new authors to your store?
Most of these first 300 authors/writers/poets are going to the ones I have personally worked with. So it would be easy to get their books here and over all I own few of the copyrights as they are anthologies.

3). How will people discover your mintbase store?
Initially it going to be a task, but as our mint base store gets ready we will start sharing the links in the community, people get exited to see a new platform to share their works. We will also add a link to our website which will direct to our mint base store.

Thank you for the support. please feel free if you have any more queries.

Thank you @satojandro

It appears to me that this is not really a Marketing Proposal but rather a business plan proposal for a book venture. As a venture, it is also at a very early stage - ideas. Hence why I am not able to support this proposal at this time.

A. This is not a business proposal maybe it sounds like one. I haven active in the startup space and have been writing pitch decks for companies.

As I mentioned in the bio I already have a publishing firm which is running successfully and generating revenue. I had started Paperless as an ebook service to support the community and bring their works to the digital world.

All I need from NEAR is to support me to take this project to WEB3 via Near ecosystem. As mentioned din the proposal it going to benefit the existing authors/poets/writers in the community and also going to open doors to new folks to explore NEAR.

Notes -

• De-risk the venture, work in your project like that startups it aims to be. Once you have some traction and something to show, come back for budgeting.
    a) I have added the funding/budget part to the proposal, missed posting it in the beginning itself. My publishing firm was started in 2018 and over the years it has worked over 350 poets/authors/writers and also published e-books.

• We are receiving a high number of applications, we are prioritising by the ones that can have the most impact in he ecosystem;

a) Thanks you, true me this will be of the projects to boast about.

• Core areas of focus now for maximum impact are developers, builders and end users. Writers and book industry is both extremely hard to crack and at the very tail end of user adoption. I’ll be the first one to support you along the way but it is not the best use of community funds at this stage.

a) Yes, you are right. Its extremely hard to crack the publishing and media industry as its fast growing and sophisticated. I had my fair share of hardships in setting up my own publishing firm. But its easy when its already set up and the hardwork/paperwork is done. In my proposal I want to move it from Web2 to Web3. We already have books and their authors with us, we need a medium to onboard them to web3 and I personally feel I can do justice to that part. I have been running the firm solely from day1 through all the hurdles.

Thanks, please feel to ask any queries and updates

Hello, in my opinion, your proposal is more suitable for Creatives DAO, but I can support you here. I like idea, your experience, and the rewards are reasonable for me.

1 Like

Thanks @Dacha for being considerate. I will initially set up the DAO and then move to CreativesDAO.

Kindly suggest the next steps.

1 Like

@marketingdao-council Hello Team,

Kindly check and approve the same. Our team has finished working on the structure and the outline and are ready to start the DAO.

Thanks Again.

Hey @JakieRodz

This seems like an interesting take to get published under Near.

all the best. Raindrops has its own warehouse, so feel free to store and ship your NEARbooks.

2 Likes

Thanks see @bernarddsa

Will connect shortly once we start with the printing process. It was also nice to meet and interact with team Raindrops, lots of ideas and insights shared.

Hello team @marketingdao-council

Please help us with a review, so that we can start on time. Thanks

1 Like

hi @JakieRodz thanks for your proposal.

I like the straight forward approach of your project and am happy to support. If approved, please remember to submit a Report.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @JakieRodz I think this is an innovative/different approach than we’ve seen recently coming to the MarketingDAO, and I am in favor of putting funding toward new approaches to increasing the NEAR ecosystem. I am also a writer, so am in support of using NEAR to create change in the creator economy.

I can support this, but I do also agree that future funding may be more appropriate to get from a different source as much of this is not purely for marketing activities.

I recommend opening up the access/publishing opportunities to the Community via the forum after you get the project into its active phase so that Community members can participate.

You have the support of three council members, so I am moving this to approved. You can submit your poll to Astro. Note the payout instructions post at the top of the Forum for next steps.

2 Likes

You can now

1)Proceed to Poll on AstroDAO.
2)Once the poll is approved, you need to submit THIS form Ironclad.

How to create a poll? Here is instruction.

Have a great day :blush:

Hello team,
Thanks for approval of the project, I have created the following poll:

https://app.astrodao.com/dao/marketing.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/marketing.sputnik-dao.near-528?fromCreate=true