[Proposal] Hackathon Guild

Hello, people of NEARverse! :wave:

Who doesn’t love attending and hosting hackathons right? So, we decided to build a community of people who love hackathons! :tada:

• Guild Name: Hackathon Guild

• Guild Leader: Pratik Parmar, Pranshu Khanna

• Guild Location: Worldwide

• Guild Details:

• Vision/Mission: Build a community of people who are passionate about hosting and attending awesome hackathons. Become a part of the hackathon guild to empower yourself with NEAR-owned hackathons and hackathons hosted by the rest of the NEAR community.

• Who is this Guild intended for (the kind of membership you’re looking to recruit / the intended audience you’re looking to reach with your activities)?:
      Literally, anyone who’s passionate and has experience building anything on the internet.

• What kind of value is your Guild planning on delivering / Why should someone participate?:
      We bring loads of opportunities for people who are interested in building with/on NEAR and hosting hackathons where people can build on with/on NEAR.

Stay tuned for what’s coming up.

• How can community members join your Guild? (i.e. social media channels, by commenting on this post, etc.):
    Community members can fill up this form to join the Guild: https://forms.gle/n7NpcnQm4gGDwiAS9

Feel free to share any suggestions or ask any queries in the comments.

7 Likes

Welcome, folks! Really excited to have this guild started and going.
@sashahudzilin, in case you’d like to chat with them :slight_smile:
@norah.near Feel free to sync with Pratik and Pranshu on the hackathons.

4 Likes

Welcome, Hackathon Guild!

A few questions so we can get to know more about you:

• What kind of hackathons are you most interested in hosting?
  • What sort of tools and platforms are you envisioning using for what I presume will be largely virtual hackathons so as to engage as many people worldwide as possible?
  • If any community group wants to host a hackathon for their members, i.e. a Creative Guild wants to host a hackathon focusing on art + tech but they’ve never hosted a hackathon before, what would be the process of getting your Guild involved to assist? What kinds of service(s), resources, etc. are you looking to develop and offer re: hackathons for the broader NEAR community?
2 Likes

Hi @theChosenOne @pransh ! Hope you are doing great. I just wanted to let you know I´m hosting the Bogota Hack Node next August 28. Really excited about this and looking forward to hosting a successful event and working together with your guild.

3 Likes

Amazing @andresdavinf, we’re excited to help you host an amazing event! We will contact you shortly to discuss this. :partying_face:

1 Like