[Closed] FUNAAB Web3 Agricultural Department Youth Seminar

Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta (FUNAAB) has over 10000 students and graduate over 2500 yearly.

We are hosting a web3 seminar to educate Graduate and students of (FUNAAB) into Agric DAO Community and the NEAR ecosystem.

Onboarding of Certified Farmers into the Ecosystem.

This will basically be our first event to introduce famers into the ecosystem.

In this seminar, it’s gonna be Nothing but pure NEAR Web3 Eduction to the Agricultural students and graduates
And Building the world of web3 embedded famers, where we use DAOs tools to vote for Agricultural projects

NEAR & NFTs for means of exchange in the family world.

In this seminar, as for it being the first,

Metrics Of Succees To Be:

Expecting to Meet and Onboard at least 30 famers into the the NEAR Ecosystem

Active 30 & above NEAR wallets,

Build agric DAO web3 community from there

Educate people on NEAR Web3 & NFTs

Needs to carry out the event:

Rent Of Hall for 4 hours: 90da6f20-1b51-4e26-8563-8aafb9963432 $200

Graphics for 100 fliers and 2 Banners for the informations about the event $100
Sound system & sound engineer. $100
Light Refreshments $90
Near Wallet activating Gas fee 30$
Photography (Photo and Video): $100
Social media awareness around the vicinity: $80

Total: $700

payout:zephania.near

alongside with @Mofresh @bgem & @sheadyyy

@marketingdao-council

6 Likes

Happy to support! Looking forward to seeing report.
Have a great day!

2 Likes

thank you sire, can we now create a poll?

1 Like

Hi @Zeph – You still need support from the majority of the council before you can create a poll. I reviewed the proposal and this looks like an interesting event, and I don’t doubt your enthusiasm, but we’re in a climate at the moment where I think we need to see more potential for onboarding and return on investment of the Community’s funds via active users (not just opening wallets and onboarding, though those things are nice to have), attracting new developers and growing existing projects.

Again, looks like you are enthusiastic about NEAR, and while similar projects have received funding in the past, I can’t support funding from the MarketingDAO right now given a need to shift priorities to focus on funding projects that have a wider-reaching goal and larger audience.

Other members of the @marketingdao-council may disagree – tagging them for visibility.

1 Like

This is how it works.
FUNAAB has got over 10000 agric students

That I wanna introduce NEAR to, the reason why value is gonna be in this is because.

This will happen monthly to onboard People form Agric sectors to bring Agricultural activities into Web3 x using DAOs & NEAR NFTs,

I’m promising that this NEAR web3 DAO is gonna become a vital tool in the Agric sector tbh.

We’ve got Telegram acoount where we will keep interact, sharing ideas and building to broad

We will be havin our AstroDAO account also to make people participate with their NEAR wallets.

See you soon :wink:

Thanks for your proposal,

I appreciate the initiative of onboarding the agricultural sector. A few notes and questions;

• Agritech is HUGE. I’ve had some personal exposure to the industry in Australia and have recently heard about the potential to drive tech adoption among farmers in Brazil. Having said that, this is a very complex industry that is both tech intensive and can be quite local - what are the pain points, what is the starting point, what is the definition of success, what would have to happen to reach those goals, etc.
  • What are the Web3 possibilities in Agritech? Expanding on my point above, the current tech cycles are quite complex and expensive and most is ‘web2’.
  • Passion projects - the Community Fund is there to support and advance active community members. As there is very high demand, we must prioritise the projects that are going to have the highest impact.
  • Cost of the event - without much visibility into the local market, I believe it is possible to organise grassroots events at a much lower price point. $800 is the cost of an expensive meetup in Sydney, one of the most expensive capitals in the world.
  • I believe that it is quite early and I would encourage you to find a simpler schedule where you can have smaller events to onboard students and start answering some of the questions above. If there is a role for NEAR in Agritech and in your region, then we can move on to consider different levels of funding.

At this stage, I do not support this proposal

1 Like

Hi @Zeph thank you for your proposal.

As a farmer myself i love to see projects that are exploring the opportunites for using web3 and blockchain in the agricultural sector.

However i feel that at this stage i am unable to support your project without seeing clear and defined usecase for using NEAR. I suggest you look to work with your local farmers to find a suitable way to resolve this.

1 Like