[PROPOSAL] FIRST EDITION Comics Magazine

Hello Creatives! Here is a proposal for our first Comics Magazine for ComicsDAO April Projects.

Objective: Create and publish a monthly magazine, containing comics, strips, illustrations and texts. The magazine will follow the free theme as its editorial line, accepting works in any technique, style and narrative. The content of the publication will be composed, mainly, through the selection of material sent by authors from all over the world. The selection and editing of the magazine will be carried out by the council members. The publication will be in the format of an NFT magazine available on the Paras website.

Target audience: Comics artists, illustrators, animators, screenwriters and readers of comics and manga. Age range: 18 - 45 years.

Action plan:

1. Call for authors: After approval of the proposal, the publication of the journal will be made and a call for submission of material will be made, inside and outside the Near community. The call will be made through a bounty on the forum, explaining how the magazine works and the process to send the material that will be selected, this bounty will be reposted on our social networks to reach more artists.

2. Production and selection of material: The quality of the stories, the diversity of techniques and styles will be the criteria for the selection of the material, as well as not having hate, discriminatory or prejudiced themes or speeches.
    The deadline for sending the material will be 7 days after the announcement.
    Five days for council members to select and to announce the stories after the deadline.

4 short stories will be selected, with an average of 5 to 10 pages each. In addition, council members will also produce works to be included in the journal, thus producing a magazine of at least 40 pages.

1. Receive material and magazine layout: The selected works will be announced and the authors will be informed of how to send their materials. A designer will be responsible for creating the magazine’s visual identity and layout.
    Five days to receive the selected material.
    The layout will take 10 days, but it will start before the announcement of the select works, because it will be creating the visual identity.

2. Review: a review of all material will be carried out, from the texts to the order of the pages, so that the magazine will be closed and transformed into a NFT.
    3 days to review.

3. Collection of authorizations from the authors of the works and payment: contracts will be made with each artist for the authorization of their works in the magazine, as well as the division of royalties in the sale of each edition of the NFT and the payment for each story.
    It will be done together with the receipt of the material.

4. Publication and dissemination of the magazine: the magazine will be published on the Paras website, due to its work with comics, having a specific area for this. We will publicize the launch on our social networks and get in touch with information vehicles such as websites, Youtube channels and profiles on social networks specialized in comics.
    The magazine launch date will be 15 days after the announcement of the selected articles.

In this way, the project contributes to the birth of a new generation of comic book producers and professionals (comics artists); promotes the multiplicity and diversity of trends in the language of comics; encourages the production and involvement of authors internationally.

Request budget to purchase community stories (500USD each) and turn them into the first issue of the magazine: 2000USD full magazine at a promotional first budget price

The editing will be made by the council board.

KYC responsible: akirasan.near

Councils of Comic DAO

akirasan.near

phabiopio.near

bazzarian01.near

bensonchin.near

manutegus.near

leandro_amaral.near

Johandson.near

duocelot.near

8 Likes

@creativesdao-council Please check this project

Please add the introduction to this proposal.

1 Like

Hi all! Looks cool! Wondering if you could provide more detail about where the remaining budget outside the 500 for purchasing community stories will go?

2 Likes

Hello. We will select 4 stories, each of these stories will be paid 500 USD, which gives the value of 2000 USD.

The rest of the magazine material will be done by the council members at their own expense, like the cover magazine, illustrations and texts inside.

Did I answer your question?

2 Likes

Uow! Looking forward for it! That’s the most talented Council team I ever seen!

1 Like

Woooow so cool!!! I love comics :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@FritzWorm @chloe @ted.iv @Dacha @David_NEAR

1 Like

Hey @duOCELOT, @Akira & the Comic Dao team. Very cool project!
Here are a few things that need clarifying from my end:

• This is a funding proposal for April, correct? If so, this should be in the title.
  • If this is the first month of funding, then the introduction to the dao should also be linked in here as a separate post as mentioned by @duOCELOT in the comments.
  • Is there a reason for the specific age range?
  • By the looks of it, it is one project being funded for the month, so I would recommend having this as its own topic and linked into the overall budget proposal for this month for the sake of clarity.
2 Likes

Thank you @ted.iv
I’ve added the APRIL’s Fund to the title.

Also, linked the introduction to the core post.

As the age range, it means the medium of the audience, as the target public.
I think it can be described as 18+ as is intended to readers of this scope.

I will help then change the post, then tag you at both of the posts.

Thank you for your support

1 Like

@creativesdao-council the council is waiting for the feedback ^^ they did the changes u`ve asked

theyve made this new proposal, instead of change this one
https://gov.near.org/t/proposal-comicsdao-april-fund/18880/2

it was presented at 7th april

Good evening, great job @duOCELOT . I’m excited about your (and your team ) new comic. I’m translated it on to native language for our community members :blush:

1 Like

Thanks @Dacha This one that you`ve translated is the Sky Harbour Tales comics.

The Comics DAO is formed by some of the artists that participated at the development of this Comics, Volume 01.

We will be launching it soon

1 Like