[APPROVED] Film poster art competition

Hi all!

Proposal for a bounty for an art competition. The competition will be to create original alternative posters for classic films. It will be a great way to engage local artists with film, and fuse the two genres. Seeing the work of the Polish Poster School has been very inspiring, and there is definitely a lot that can be done with the format! www.polishposter.com. They have some amazing work on their site, and it’s well worth checking out.

The three winning entries will be posted on the Black Cat website, blog, and social media, and be minted into NFTs. @tabear has kindly offered to help with minting. Two will go into the upcoming BCC Mintbase store, and one will be donated to the Muti Mintbase store.

Bounty funding request: Total $150 in NEAR

Funds to be divided as follows:

1st place $75 in N.
2nd place $45 in N.
3rd place $30 in N.

Additional funding request:
6.5N for setting up the Mintbase store.

Timeline: Competition open for 14 days after approval. Winners announced 4 days later via BCC and Muti channels.

6 Likes

Looping in @marianeu @tabear

Hi! @BlackCatCinema

Thanks for making this proposal!

The audience for the competition would apply to the Bounty here at the Forum?

Also some utility for the poster NFT’s would be cool, that could be related to your project, beside being a digital asset, but It really depends on the idea of this proposal.

2 Likes

Hi! @TRosario

Apologies for the slow response.

From the competitions I’ve seen before, it looks easiest to post the entries directly in the post. They would be large image files, so it might make sense to ask people to post smaller versions here, and then email the full quality files.

The initial idea was that the NFTs would be the digital asset of the art, and simply serve to be art without any other purpose. But if there is a way to utilise them then that would be brilliant! At the moment I’m wondering how else they could be used… I’m definitely open to ideas about what could be done with them to further their utility. This field is relatively new, so any guidance is always appreciated!

2 Likes

Hi all, any thoughts on whether we’re good to go?

1 Like

Thanks for the response! Sorry about that a bit to deliver an answer also.

I find everything ok! You can submited the payout on the Lisbon City Node AstroDAO

For the value of 13.72 N = 150$ (Coingecko 25/01, 15:30)

About the use case, there’s a few projects trying to connect Ticketing with NFT’s and way’s to use them in innovative ways. There’s a project called Mintickt that’s has some cool ideas.

1 Like

Hi! That’s brilliant I will post it ASAP.

And yes, the ticketing aspect is an area that is really interesting for us! Could make a huge difference, and I’m keen to integrate it for the next shows!

Thank you!

2 Likes

And for the 6.5N for the Mintbase store, where is good to register / post it?

1 Like

Also from the City Node, or you can ask Mintbase if they are up for supporting this :slight_smile:

Ok, thanks!
@marianeu Would mintbase be up for supporting the setup?

1 Like

Are you planning to include any educative, interactive action which would benefit mintbase?

For now, it had just been intended to be the store itself. So, maybe it’s better to go through the City Node this time?

1 Like

i think the city node can be interesting.

we can help with funds for the creation of the nft tickets, but for onbaording and stuff id recommend looking in other guilds as we only fund onboarding events with educative intentions behind it

Ok, thanks! I’ll post it in the City Node then.

2 Likes

@tabear @TRosario Does the AstroDAO funding request still needs a vote? It says it has 1 day left 'till it expires

Hi all, I’m just checking in on the AstroDAO vote again, because I went on there but it looks like the request has expired?

@BlackCatCinema Hi! Are you talking about the Funding for the Bounty or the Mintbase Store?

The bounty I think you did it incorrectly, you created a Bounty in the Lisboa City Node instead of asking for a Transfer.

Which when done properly, after you get that funded, then you should reward the winner of your contest yourself. Via someone requesting your own DAO, or manually transfer from you wallet, the DAO way is prefered usually for better transparency and decentralization.

Please make another request for funding.

Ok thanks for clarifying! I’ll post a new one in the City Node for a transfer.
The DAO wouldn’t be set up by then I guess, so I guess it will be better to transfer manually from the wallet in this case at least.

Thanks!

1 Like