[CONCLUED] Proposal FEMINU DAO - Essences and origins

Proposal FEMINU DAO - Essences and origins

PROPONENTS:

Naju

• Near account for payment: najunft.near

Mayra Mendes

• Near account for payment: mayramendes.near

PROJECT TIMELINE:

Holding an exhibition that will be part of the opening party for the FEMINU Gallery building in the Voxels metaverse (formerly Cryptovoxels) from July 10th to 25th, 2022 with the invited artists selected.

Objetivo: Upon reading the Industry wired magazine report from May 17th, the need arose to create a movement that would integrate diversity into the platform, in order for the intention of decentralization, also social, to become a reality.

The “Essences and Origins” event will aim to recruit 5 new non-white members to enter the NEAR universe and give them a prominent place with a virtual exhibition on cryptovoxels, where they will present four of their artworks.

Justification: Be part of the opening of the FEMINU building will bring a lot of visibility to the exhibition and the black artists, and consequently to the Near Foundation to support diversity issues, which is one of the principles of FEMINU DAO. The intention behind this project is not only to raise funds but to promote the development of a network that makes these members feel supported and represented. By creating this network and giving support, the probability that these members will become future assets in NEAR and even small investors becomes high.

Story:

As mentioned in the objective of this project, below is an excerpt taken from an Industry Wired magazine article.

“Racism in NFT Space exists and so the NFT Space Needs to Do More to Uplift Black Artists.

It’s no secret that Racism in NFT Space exists and white guys dominate crypto circles; after all, the “crypto bro” caricature has existed for decades. Men hold upwards of 70% of the world’s cryptocurrency accounts by 2022, with white men accounting for 62 percent of that total. Given that the NFT ecosystem was born in the crypto sphere, it’s easy to see how this demography has migrated to our new blockchain-based creative economy. These systemic concerns with representation in the NFT community. It is discovered that there weren’t any high-profile NFT projects that were led by Black NFT artists and focused completely on Black voices or Black crypto art.

But it’s not only about a lack of representation, we’ve witnessed widespread Racism in NFT Space, prejudice, and discrimination in the crypto sphere. While Web3 may offer a solution to centralization’s fundamental technical and censorship-related problems, the spread of Racism in NFT Space across social media has only grown a thorn in the digital era’s side.

In the NFT space, there is diversity. There are numerous creators and innovators of color in the community. That is true. But why aren’t there more non-white people in the ecosystem’s top tier? Why are Black NFT artists and builders still underrepresented on lists of “top persons in NFTs”? What can we all do to guarantee that Black creators and other people of color are more represented in the NFT space?”

Essences and Origins becomes NFT: A collection of all the visual works will be available in the gallery at the 3XR Space.

Time Line:

The preparation for the event is already being organized since May 2022 through meetings and conversations among those involved.

Between the end of June and the beginning of July we intend to choose 5 black artists interested in joining the ecosystem through this proposal.

On July 4th, 2022 we will start onboarding of the 5 artists as they join so that they can mint their works later.

Essences and Origins Exhibition will be opening on the same date as the opening of the FEMINU Gallery, a 4-story building, with a party at cryptovoxels, which will be available here and social networks such as Twitter, Instagram, telegram and active NFT groups. We also count on the support of the mintbase platform to promote the entry of these artists through @reginamintbase.

The exhibition will consist of 20 artworks, with 4 NFTs authored by each of the 5 black artists, minted with encouragement from Mintbase.

Before minting, the metacurator @ghini will curate the artworks.

Budget: USD 500 in NEAR

USD 200 in NEAR to be paid to najunft.near

USD 200 in NEAR to be paid to @Mayramendes

USD 100 in NEAR to be paid to 5 artists ( USD 20 each)

Artists:

1 - RAFFA GOMES @/RafffaGomess

2 - Marcos Palhano: @/ MarcosPalhano16

3 - Silvania @/cerqueira.silvania

4 - KEL @/kelveira_

5 - Pacha Pinta @/pachapinta

SIGNATURE:

Naju @naju
najunft.near

CURRICULUM:

Naju
Link Curriculo: @artistNAJU I https://lynkfire.com/artistNAJU

Mayra Mendes
Link Curriculum : @mayramendes.photo I @mayramendes.photo | Linktree

4 Likes

Congratulations @naju for your first proposal. It is quite significant and I am sure you’ll receive the support from the community. Congratulations @Mayramendes too, for even though you are new to the near network, you are actively working together with Naju to build something very important, which is to bring value in terms of equality. I am proud of you and of this important exhibition.
beijos,
Ghini

2 Likes

Thank you very much @Ghini. It means a lot. @naju is an amazing artist. I’m so happy to be part of this important project.:slight_smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :clap: :clap:

Mayra

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your support and words. I will be working constantly to bring the best to the community.

3 Likes

Thank you both for the opportunity to take this project forward!

3 Likes

I loved Preta Naju’s proposal, it makes itself relevant.

3 Likes

Very happy to see a proposal like this! @naju @Mayramendes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :star_struck:

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the support, my friend!

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your words, my friend, it means a lot.

2 Likes

Hi @naju, thank you for the proposal

May I know the responsibilities of you and @Mayramendes in the project?

3 Likes

Of course, my friend. Sorry for the absence of some tasks.

I initially handed my proposal idea to @Mayramendes and she was responsible for translating and structuring the proposal.
There were several meetings so we could align our thoughts and ideas; Mayra added the idea of creating a separate exhibition with the artists and the collective nft.

I made the invitations to the artists, the flyers to invite and announce the artists, and we continued to act together. Mayra organized the delivery of the portfolios and we divided the onboarding tasks with meetings between the artists after @Ghini taught me how an Onboarding works, me and @Mayramendes , did the splitting of the artwork to send to the metacurator and the Onboarding of the artists.

We created meetings to structure the 3xr space and the collective nft for invitation. I gave some of the nft as gifts to familiarize people with the event. Now we are planning a space together with the artists to talk about the impact of technology in a social way with black, peripheral and indigenous people during the exhibition.
The intention of the discussion is to build ideas and bonds so that we can gradually structure a united and socially decentralized community.

Meeting Dates / Timeline :

1 June 18, 2022 : Beginning;
2- June 21-25, 2022 : Proposal Structuring;
3- June 25, 2022 : Proposal Finalization;
4- June 26, 2022 : Meeting with @Ghini to present the Proposal;
5- June 30, 2022: Meet at NFT RIO event and briefly discuss artist participation;
6- July 04, 2022: Meeting to publish and adjust the Proposal;
7- July 04, 2022: Meeting with the artists for Onboarding;
8- July 09, 2022: Creation of the 3XRSPACE space + NFT collective of the event.

5 Likes

Hi @williamx ! Everything that @naju wrote it’s true. If necessary I can send the print screen of the scheduled meetings on my google calendar and if I’m not wrong, I probably have a print screen of the onboarding meeting, but I’d have to ask the artists to authorize their image, ok?
Thank you very much for the reminder!
We really forgot to put some tasks on the proposal. This month was a lot.
Best,
Mayra

4 Likes

Hi @williamx thanks for the comment. This is @naju’s first proposal and I am very proud of the work that she and @mayramendes executed and that can be appreciated by the colleagues of the Forum in the link below, because the exhibition opened yesterday together with the opening of the FEMINU DAO Gallery and was a success with more than 300 visitors.
Thanks for being aware of all the details that we did not post. This was a very intense month, full of changes and accomplishments. We remain at your disposal for any further clarifications.
Best,
Ghini

3 Likes

Hi @naju, @Mayramendes & @Ghini. Thank you for your information.

To sum up:

400$ was paid for 2 people to do the tasks related to organizing & curating. Only 100$ goes to 5 artists who each submitted 4 artworks => 20$/artist and 5$/artworks.

Sorry I don’t see a fair distribution of resource here. Let alone the proposal was to uplift black artists. Personally, I can’t support this.

1 Like

Sorry @williamx but I think you missed evaluating the following values that the 5 artists received:

• the opportunity, among countless black artists to be chosen for their first exhibition in a metaverse
  • their onboarding on the Near network and learning about cryptocurrencies, learning how to handle their Near wallets and transfer money
  • learned how to mint their first NFT and how to sell it on the Mintbase platform
  • the opportunity to show their artwork and sell it to more than 300 visitors.

Values are not always measured in Near. It seems to me that these 5 artists received much more than what you are evaluating, because your evaluation is based solely and exclusively on Nears. If this were the only evaluation, no course should be approved by the Near Foundation, because only the professors earn money. Students earn other values. I ask myself: who is earning more?
Please, do consider this other values, and reconsider your decision.
Best,
Ghini

4 Likes

Olá comunidade! Só para registrar fotos feitas por mim no dia 10.07.2022! Parabéns @naju e @Mayramendes pela belíssima e importante exposição!
Exposição Essências e Origens - Foto: Alexandre Macieira

Visit: Voxels

1 Like

Hoje convidei @naju e @Mayramendes para fazer fotos lá na Exposição Essências e Origens que está em cartaz no Voxels! Convido também toda a comunidade NEAR para visitar! Está linda demais! Fotos feitas por mim hoje, dia 22.07.2022!
Exposição Essências e Origens - Foto: Alexandre Macieira

Uploading: 20220722_Essences 01.jpg…

Uploading: 20220722_Essences 02.jpg…

Uploading: 20220722_Essences 03.jpg…

Uploading: 20220722_Essences 04.jpg…

Uploading: 20220722_Essences 05.jpg…

3 Likes

Thank You @macieira ! Amazing Pictures! Come on everyone you can still visit Exhibition Essences and Origins at voxels.

1 Like

Ficaram lindas as fotos! muito obrigada pelo apoio e trabalho importantissimo de registrar momento como esse

2 Likes

REPORT :Essences and Origins

Proposal FEMINU DAO - Essences and origins

PROPONENTS: @Naju and @Mayramendes

PROJECT TIMELINE: 03/07 to 25/07

Holding an exhibition that will be part of the opening party for the FEMINU Gallery building in the Voxels metaverse (formerly Cryptovoxels) from July 10th to 25th, 2022 with the invited artists selected.

OBJECTIVE:

The “Essences and Origins” event had the main goal of recruiting 5 new non-white members to enter the NEAR universe and we offered a spotlight with a virtual exhibition on cryptovoxels, where they presented four of their artworks.

Justification: Being part of the opening of the FEMINU building brought a lot of visibility to the exhibition and the black artists, and consequently to the Near Foundation to support diversity issues, which is one of the principles of FEMINU DAO. The intention behind this project is not only to raise funds but to promote the development of a network that makes these members feel supported and represented. By creating this network and providing support, the likelihood of these members becoming future assets in NEAR and even small investors becomes high.

TIME LINE:

We discussed the idea of the proposal brought by me and @Mayramendes was responsible for translating and structuring the proposal.

There were several meetings so we could align our thoughts and ideas; it was decided to create a separate exhibition with the artists and the collective nft.

I made the invitations to the artists, the flyers to invite and announce the artists, and we continued to act together. And a video was also produced to publicize the exhibited arts. Mayra organized the delivery of the folders and we divided the onboarding tasks with meetings between the artists after @Ghini taught me how an Onboarding works, me and Mayra, divided the artworks to send to the metacurator and the Onboarding of the artists.

We created meetings to structure the 3xr space(3xrspace Gallery 1 /3xrspace gallery2) and the collective nft for invitation 1 and 2. I gave some of the nft as gifts to familiarize people with the event. There was an attempt to create a space together with the artists to talk about the impact of technology in a social way with black, peripheral and indigenous people during the exhibition, however there was a problem on twitter.

The intention of the discussion was to build ideas and bonds so that we can gradually structure a united and socially decentralized community.

Meeting Dates / Timeline :

1 June 18, 2022: Beginning;
2- June 21-25, 2022: Proposal Structuring;
3- June 25, 2022: Proposal Finalization;
4- June 26, 2022: Meeting with @Ghini to present the Proposal;
5- June 30, 2022: Meet at the NFT RIO event and briefly discuss artist participation;
6- July 04, 2022: Meeting to publish and adjust the Proposal;
7- July 04, 2022: Meeting with the artists for Onboarding;
8- July 09, 2022: Creation of the 3XRSPACE space + NFT collective of the event.

Invited Artists:

Raffa Gomes

twitter:@RafffaGomess/ https://twitter.com/RafffaGomess

instagram: @raffigomes / https://www.instagram.com/raffigomes/

Silvania

twitter: @elekodemalungas

instagram: cerqueira.silvania

Kel

twitter: @kelveira_

instagram: @kelveira

Marcos Palhano

twitter:@MarcosPalhano16

instagram: @marcoslpalhano

Patcha

twitter: @pachapinta

instagram: @pachapinta

Budget:

Proposal concluded but not approved

As previously mentioned, the intention was not to raise funds but to highlight the artists and insert them into the ecosystem by bringing diversity to show our real convictions.

Signature:

@najunft

@Mayramendes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfrIdbxr6sf/

NAJU nft

12:51

https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17950666093971390/

NAJU nft

12:52

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfr_WSZv6la/

2 Likes