[Closed] Engagement dao funding request for august

Emm ok….
So what’s your suggestion? @ted.iv that this is a marketing proposal?
And is it best to edit the post to marketing or to make a new proposal?
Cause I had so much believe this was a creative proposal.

Yes, I would say this is more aligned with a marketing proposal than it would be a Creatives DAO project.

Thanks for your guidance.
Reediting this to marketing DAO.
As it’s a source of promotional DAO

1 Like

@David_NEAR @Dacha @satojandro @jcatnear
In summary our primary purpose for this project is to promote $Near in a visual content video.
This video we make and edit creates awareness for viewers to know more about near since it has important near infos edited on it.
This videos can also contain memes videos but also educative
We’ve different socials but our TikTok has more of our product and you can clearly see our motive and vision for Near.
Feel free to ask any questions concerning this proposal and about our DAO too

1 Like

Hi may I know does your DAO has any different than other Degen Team / Shillin Army which already existed a lot in our Ecosystem?

And your DAO has failed to proven any kind of the ability to be sustainable so I don’t think there is a reason I should support this.

3 Likes

Hello @bailey12 have you gone through our introduction?

https://gov.near.org/t/introduction-to-engagement-dao/
And a brief of what our DAO is bringing to $Near is an outreach to promote $Near in a unique content which people would love to watch.
Just like the $Nearmeme daily provide memes for marketing and promotional aspect we also provide videos for promotional aspect for near.
We are a new DAO and we’ve a TikTok channel and our videos are already reaching 500 plus views on TikTok and 100plus views on twitter
I would love to show you some of our video well edited for fun and learn.
Just as memes are for fun and also for promotional materials

And a link to our TikTok

@bailey12

We can be sustainable by other projects or guild using our service and product of promotion(video) to promote their work.
Then we shill the video on twitter so people use this video to understand your project.
This is a popular way here in Nigeria people use to promote products, it’s like a unique meme video
@marketingdao-council @MktngDAO_Advisors

1 Like

Hello :hugs: @bailey12 sorry for late response, our DAO ain’t primarily base on shilling, we provide promotional service through video creation.

1. This video contains very vital information about the project we are promoting.
  2. Every project and DAO either needs shilling or promotion cause all project has a purpose and vision to grow.
    So we are shilling so the promotional video can reach large number of people.
  3. This would also help community members to get busy by improving in video editing and giving them the ability to make good concept as we have introduce a bounty on our proposal for a creative video theme of video is about near conference. Which each participating would post their unique video about nearcon on Twitter or TikTok to pass information about nearcon.
    Which I gave examples of the video in the bounty description.
    You talked about sustainability: it’s best all project can be independent and have their own source of income.
    Yes, this is just the beginning of our project.
    We can make videos on other project and promote them, and bringing the investors they need by using harshtags and nice captions.
    We make promotional videos for $Near and get rewarded for
    We also want to build a huge community of newbies, members from other chains to our discord, we already have engagement and games to keep them company. Then educate them about $near by holding a Twitter space and inviting near certified instructors and analyst to brush them up about near and how it works.
    We can also hold AMA too and reward best questions as a newbie or those who know little about near.
    And we’ll seen our introduction we are working on a roadmap, one of the milestone is to create an engagement game>> play to earn. Where only holders of our NFT can have access to but that’s future goals.
    @marketingdao-council & @bailey12 I hope you see value and interest in what we are about building and our service of promotion we bring to support the growth of $Near.
    Thanks as I hope to get response from you soon :soon: :relaxed:
1 Like

Before I continue funding this project I’d like to jump on a call to get to know the applicants better and get an understanding of their knowledge and passion of the NEAR Ecosystem. I am yet to see quality content that fully captures all the technological advances and true potential of the NEAR ecosystem. I’ll DM you my calendar availabiliy

2 Likes

@satojandro i would be available for a call, you can text me here on forum the calendar or on telegram which ever is easy for you.
Hope to here from you soon.
So we get on a call

1 Like

Hello, what stands for dao management? And why it’s 30% of requested funds?

4 Likes

Hello @Dacha

Collections or data and report also.
It’s cause we are 4 doing this activity, not a one person job.
Shilling(retweet, coute post, shilling gaming events for people interested to join in. And outreach to other community to be part of us)

150$ each for council at the end of the month. That’s making 600$

1 Like

@satojandro you were not available for the call.
Waited for you, also texted you on twitter.
Please other @marketingdao-council please review

1 Like

Hey @Tonyesy,

Thanks for the detailed proposal. Everything sounds reasonable.

I’m just curious about the “Fun & Games on discord.” What is the game?

Pending the discussion with @satojandro, I’ll render a decision.

2 Likes

Hello @Klint thanks for tagging me.
I’m glad you asked and responded
The game as I’ve noticed attract people to keep them busy and keep company and also builds engagement on servers.
Reasons for games.

1. Build engagement and also makes members been active on server
  2. This can attract more members from other server, since we shill our gaming event on other server and shill zone to attract game lovers to participate
  3. This is a little way to appreciate our members cause on way or the other they help bring engagement on Twitter and discord too.
    Since we’re a promotional DAO with video content we also need a lively server so we can also use our discord to promote Near AMA on our announcement channel.
    The idea is to gather members, newbies and other chains with our activities on server. From there they get linked to Near.
    Cause rewards are in near so near wallet are needed to receive incentives.

Hello @Dacha to contribute to what @Psalmy has said
We also as DAO help the community also to Collab with NFT projects to give our DAO members WL to support our community.
Shilling of our gaming activities to other servers and other chains using their shill zone so game lovers can join our server to join activities too.
We would use a strategy for all newbies to use our videos to know about near and also on board people on our DAO chain on Astro.
Thanks for asking
@marketingdao-council

1 Like

Hi @satojandro seems you’re busy cause you missed our call as agreed on calendar.
I’ve been waiting for you on the zoom call, but you didn’t show up,
Had to reschedule and still nothing

I enjoy the fact @Klint had a little understanding

In brief meme on crypto is like a marketing strategy of using pictorial and most time funny images (characters) to define a theme or to share an information.
So our DAO has decided to bring it in a form of a well edited video to pass information about a theme to give meaning on the content contained in the video
As our primary means of promotion, some examples of this videos are on our TikTok which we find people already showing interest as we had 30likes on a particular video even with 9 followers, it seems to reach a lot of people and 500plus views.
@marketingdao-council please if it’s not yet clear and you’ve more questions to ask or need a call I’m always free it’s on you.
@so608 @Dacha @Klint @cryptocredit hope to hear from you soon.
See you when I see you :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @satojandro @Klint @Dacha @bailey12 & other @marketingdao-council @MktngDAO_Advisors
LoL :rofl: please I hope this tags works cause in a way I seem not to get replies.
We’ve been waiting for replies one even if it’s a question so we clear your doubt, our bounty works with time and if we don’t get response from you the aim of promoting and creating awareness for the event #Nearcon on September wouldn’t be worth it.
My colleague tried getting on a call as planned with one of the marketing team member but no returns.
Can we just get response on our proposal? Thanks
Or is there any reason no one is active ?

1 Like

Think they’re active maybe busy tho.
Tagging few councils I’ve noticed are active today @Klint @satojandro @Dacha
Need revert and questions if there’s any

@Dacha @satojandro @Klint @so608 @David_NEAR @cryptocredit i quite understand you’re busy.
@so608 traveling and @satojandro moving (residing) and other time consuming activities, good to know.
But please can others give their reply, I only have one positive response from @Klint which is dependent on @satojandro call, which i kept to time on the zoom call but no response.
@Dacha don’t you’ve anymore questions I’m tagging you, cause I’ve noticed you’ve been active.
I still have believe this proposal would go along way to build $Near and consistency and potential brings traction :ok_hand:
And our videos have information of motivational content and more of near infos and passes great messages
@Dacha am in for a long chat and ready to clear doubts, I don’t mind.

2 Likes

Hi team – thanks for the proposal. Apologies for the delay in my reply. I have been traveling/offline. I have reviewed the proposal and note how long it has taken to come to a conclusion about this. Please know that we are working on improvements to the timing for reviewing proposals.

I know you guys are active in the community and motivated about NEAR. That said, I can’t support this entire proposal.

I would be happy to support allocating community funds for the first item, i.e. the bounty for creating video/TikTok content around NEARCon.

I cannot support funding around general social media, DAO council work and Discord games. There have been many thousands of community funds allocated to similar projects, DAOs, guilds, teams over the last year, and I have not seen them to create significant growth or engagement for NEAR. I am less and less inclined to support marketing for the sake of marketing. I prefer to support 1) for smaller/early stage projects, the allocation of funds towards one-time passion projects that are an experiment in how to engage new communities 2) marketing activities for established projects with a demonstrated ability to attract and grow an audience 3) very focused and streamlined funding requests for activities on one or two platforms so we can gauge progress over time and continue to responsibly allocate the community’s funds.

At the moment, I will support a reduced proposal for the bounty sum quoted above. I also welcome a revised proposal in the future.

2 Likes