[Approved] Datality.com Pre-Launch Marketing Budget - Q1

Okay, thanks! There appears to be some miscommunication on the Datality-FRG end regarding the options for working with them. I’ll try to sort this out.

The ideal timeframe is until April. However, I can extend to July and still maintain an effective focus on outreach activities.

This here is one component of assembling several sources of funding to devote my full attention to the launch that will drive on-chain usage, enable transactions in $NEAR and boost NEAR awareness via a successful Q2 launch. (We’ve achieved funding to build crypto payments into Datality, achieved funding for principal marketing/revenue leadership, pending funding on building out our marketing website, pending funding for principal product leadership, and discussing collaboration with Legal Guild on Monday.)

Thanks a ton, all!

1 Like

Sounds great, do loop back!

I’m happy to support this 100%, but it might be more suitable for the Ecosystem DAO. LMK when FRG get back to you and we can sort this :ballot_box_with_check:

3 Likes

Hello @Clint-Datality , I found your Proposal amazing, we have a small team here in Venezuela ready to work, i would like to participate in this amazing proyect. If you feel it’s ok, we could schedule a call. We are part of near-venezuela guild, and we work with @FritzWorm.

Best regards

4 Likes

Hello, David and team!

FRG will include this Tier 1 work in their proposal so we can remove that from the scope here, leaving only the $6500 to include my time to best coordinate all pre-launch marketing, launch, and post-launch marketing activities.

Can pivot to whatever route or parameters work for everyone (or continue to hustle and bootstrap), if this is more suitable under a different path. Thanks!

4 Likes

Thanks, Clint!

I’m fully in support of this, happy to approve if there are no objections from @marketingdao-council :100:

3 Likes

Good morning. Sorry, I don’t understand why marketing DAO should approves grants for commercial projects? Who are beneficiaries?

Could find Community here. I see buyers and sellers. If it important for NEAR Inc., NEAR Foundation , please do it directly.

Secondly, the same question about Flying Rhino. Why NF pays $5700 to the project. $1900 a month for Twitter and TG channel a month, at the same time Marketing DAO approves $200-400 for other guilds.

OWS pays $100 for this work.Tweets, daily engagement, metrics and feedback, photos. Absolutely the same work.

Why x19 for Flying Rhino? Who is response for payments to Flying Rhino? Why NF councils advise to Guilds work with Flying and don’t want to find cheaper alternatives, or working with Marketing DAO?

Why NF councils didn’t compare prices with other companies on the market? It’s not about experience in Near Ecosystem. Everyone can do their job. I mentioned their Astro DAO account as an example of poor work.

I think NF needs to stop this kind of experience.

Really, weird, continue my investigation.

Dear @Clint-Datality thank you for your work. Probably, it’s wrong DAO for funding.

Ps: I’m only 1/6 council. May be other one has different opinion.

4 Likes

It’s not the same work, they’re of differing standards.

FRG are offering a full scale service, including the creation and management of all social media accounts for Datality.

Please understand that FRG are on track to becoming self sufficient, they’re forming an LLC and are setting an example for future Guilds.

@Clint-Datality if you don’t have a grant anymore and still need funding to complete this, and the MarketingDAO Council aren’t in alignment with funding it, we can still get this funded through an alternative like the EcosystemDAO.

2 Likes

The reason I’m supporting funding from the MarketingDAO is because of the utility this platform will provide for all marketers (and beyond) within the NEAR Ecosytem.

2 Likes

Ok, Could Flying Rhino show their standards?

What the difference?

https://twitter.com/nearvenezuela?s=21

And https://twitter.com/astrodao?s=21

The fist channel even better. Thanks for great job @Maiker

If you don’t have enough a time on these kind of questions in Ecosystem Development DAO, you can take me as a 5th council. Make sure, it will be perfect transparent dedicated work.

I see only two accounts in the report - Twitter and Telegram. Averagely Marketing DAO pays $400 for both for guilds with strategy, OWS ~ $200 for Twitter + infographics + detailed monthly report. Why $1900 for Flying Rhino?

Great point.

In my opinion, the project kind of Ebay platform with one beneficiary.
I want to see a community driven DAO, first-of-all.

Have a great day!

4 Likes

You can see their work in their reports.

I’ve explained to you countless times the trusted status of particular guilds, including FRG. Maintaining the same increasingly high level of accountability is admirable but it just hinders growth in this case.

You’re conflating OWS work with that of the FRG. It is not the same. It includes the creation of the accounts, the (higher quality) maintenance and management of them, too.

Let’s not fill this thread up with this discussion. Feel free to make another and we can chat there if you wish.

1 Like

Thanks so much, Dacha and David. Fireworks! :slight_smile: One more bit of feedback in the interest of making us all better… then I have to break for a few hours:

Benefit:
@Dacha 's assessment is spot on: Datality is similar to an Ebay|AirBnB|Uber for research data; and our surface-level tactic is solely engaging sellers and buyers. However, with every Datality user, we’re concurrently showing them NEAR Protocol on every signup, posting, purchase, and product review. We’re directly marketing NEAR (blockchain) as a critical economic facet of a trustworthy market and $NEAR (crypto) as a safe and efficient payment/payout medium. In fact, NEAR is showcased in their Datality user menu to see those immutable transactions:

Thus, I see this marketing effort being very mutually beneficial, hence the proposal - first for Datality, and then quickly thereafter for NEAR.

FRG Standards:
My 25 years (yikes!) of experience says the level of standards rise to how well participants make each other better. I believe my research, structure, strategy and high expectations for Datality, FRG and every Datality contributor will enable them to achieve great things in 3 months’ time, be an example in crafting a vendor-client fit, and long-term won’t be a waste of your time and funding.

There are other considerations, but it’s a lot. Enjoy the day/evening, and thanks again for your time and consideration! :muscle: :rocket:

4 Likes

Just a little part.

The same actually :joy:, asked you multiple times, when Near Community granted them “trusted” level? Do you have a link on voting? How so not transparent guild got this status?

It doesn’t cost x19 . OWS and their contributors after last improvements do great transparent work, definitely better than Flying R.

Why NF discriminates OWS Community members who make the same work for $200 against Rhino $1900?

Again, I’m asking Ecosystem DAO councils put attention on this question, don’t create monopoly here.

2 Likes

Yes, we are two most active members here. I really like public conversations.

Thanks. You you wanna got my vote, I need a reference from Near Dev team . But, it’s not important, because DAO has another 5 councils who can say Yes.
I don’t see “community driven” body here.

Have a great day!

2 Likes

Good afternoon, @Dacha!
Did I get it right? This organization does not have a DAO, does not have a community presence, is it transparent? Is it just a commercial organization that gets funding from the Marketing DAO and NF? So it’s just paying for a private marketing agency? But then I don’t understand why marketing guilds and DAOs are being created in the community at all, if we can simply order and pay for these services to private and independent marketing companies? This is all very strange …

3 Likes

This organisation has already received a grant from NEAR.

Please read and understand the proposal, this is a beyond valuable product for the entire ecosystem.

If you’re referring to the FRG, they have a significant presence in the NEAR Community.

2 Likes

It’s the NEAR Foundation, the funding body, which determines the level (tier) a Guild is at AFAIK:

You’ve been critical of the OWS submissions yourself, please understand that there is a difference between incentivised community-driven content and (what is essentially emerging as) a professional near-focused marketing/social media Guild.

Like I said, let’s move this discussion elsewhere if you want to continue it :ballot_box_with_check:

1 Like

Haha, it catches up with all of us, Clint! Awesome to hear you have so much experience :tada:

I’m happy to get this funded so long as there are no further objections from @marketingdao-council

1 Like

Good afternoon David! Nice to See you again!)
I’m already confused, to be honest) So is this a guild that is part of the NF or is it an independent private company that is not part of the NEAR ecosystem?)

1 Like

Can you clarify what you’re referring to, please? Are you referring to OWS, Flying Rhino Guild, or Datality?

4 Likes

I understand that the Flying Rhino Guild is an NF project, but this one is not clear)