Dapps >>> Apps – means Decentralized applications over Centralized applications.
Following Near foundation and Pagoda’s 2023 goal to reach “20% month- over-month growth in Monthly Active Developers (MADs)”. Dapps Over Apps is a project tagged with the mission to onboard developers and tech enthusiast to web 3 will make NF & Pagoda’s goal attainable.
With over 18 months of experience working with the Near blockchain, I have become very familiar with the value of decentralization and how Near Protocol is one of the best options for developers. I am currently part of a DAPP development project and I have found the ease that the near blockchain provides in comparison to others; hence I am specifically motivated to share this with other developers.
The promises of decentralization cannot be achieved without the togetherness of everyone.
Thus, the reason for this movement “Dapps over Apps” which is aimed at connecting the right developers to the ecosystem.
I plan to kick start this movement with an event themed Dapps over Apps. This event will focus on the following:
Onboarding builders and developers to the Near ecosystem
Introduction of Dapps on Near
Introducing Aurora lab EVM compatibility for solidity developers and other ecosystem builders to deploy their Decentralized applications on Near.
Onboarding users of Dapps to Near
Guiding newbies on their way in building their first decentralized application on Near.
Building a community of developers, tech savvy and innovative people that will work together to improve the Near ecosystem.
Lectures on how to interact with some Near Dapps regarding how it relates with their career paths. E.g Investors may want to know how Ref finance operates. Artists may want to know how Paras operates.
Educating builders and developers on the importance of Sharding technique, the forking mechanism of Near social and why they should launch their decentralized applications on Near.
Key Metrics & Deliverables
• Onboard 100 - 200 developers, tech savvy and builders to the Near ecosystem.
• Onboard 100 attendees to communities that support builders of decentralized applications. The like of Human guild, sakore, Developers Dao, etc.
• Guide 20 to 50 developers, tech savvy and prospective builders on how to pivot their way in launching their Dapps on Near blockchain.
• Train 50 - 100 newbies on how to interact with some Dapps on Near that relates to their career. For instance, artists may like to know about Paras, mintbase, etc. Investors may like to know about ref finance, creatives may want to know about paras, tamango, mintbase, etc.
• Grow a community for Dapps over Apps to 200 members after the event.
• Training Video available and accessible for future distribution
Justification: I have hosted series of events within the Near Ecosystem both virtual and in person and I have had an outpouring attendance, value creation and have attained all key deliverables. Link to some of the reports below:
Event Structure: Tentative Date: March 2023 Location: Lagos Nigeria Target audience: Developers, tech savvy, web 3 enthusiast, builders, etc. Expected guest: 200 – 300 attendees. Duration: 7 hours
Confirmed Speakers & Educators:
• Quivira – Founder of Institute Ophir; a community for blockchain development. He is also a blockchain lead developer with experience in solidity, token deployment and technical writing.
• Loozr team: A community-driven muisc platform built on Near that allows everyone to listen2earn per second, trade, invest in artist & music tokens.
• Olamilekan Amoo: Skilled in Android & IOS development, front- end developmet, java script and C++.
• @Hawwal : Founder of blaqstereo dao; a community of designers, illustrators, artists, etc. He is conversant with web 3 and the Near ecosystem.
• Techwithmide : A blockchain developer, blockchain security analyst and advocate.
- Sakore Team
- Human guild team
- President at SIBAN - Self regulatory Nigeria’s emerging Blockchain & Crypto Industry
• Event space - $500: This cost covers the venue, power supply, sound, decoration.
• Banner: $150
• Customized tee-shirts & swag pack - $500: Customized shirts will be given to workers, speakers and first 50 attendees.
• Speakers welfare & logistics - $700:
• Refreshment- $1,000 – In calculation of $5 per head for 200 persons.
• Incentive for organizer - $500: An average of 2 – 5 hours per day will be dedicated to the planning of this event.
• Online & Physical awareness - $300: This is an integral part to the success of this event. Awareness will be made via posters, campus rallies, word of mouth and social media ad.
• Workers, ushers & volunteers - $500: An estimate of 10 – 15 people will be employed for the coordination of this event. Asking for $50 per person
• Video coverage & photography - $350: Recorded clips will be used after the event to educate and help newbies navigate their building journey on Near.
This video will strengthen the impact of this event as it will be across various Near social channels for visibility and public awareness of Near blockchain infrastructure that supports all kinds of developers.
• Best Start-up idea - $300: This will be awarded to the top 3 best Near oriented start up idea pitched at the event.
• Total: $4,800
I have filled marketing dao form with all necessary information. I look forward to the approval of this project.