[PROPOSAL] Create Mineria-Virtual GUILD / NEARer Wallet PROJECT - focused in crypto adoption

Hello everyone!

Now that I understand the goals of the NEAR Community, made my own contributions and participate, I can propose the creation of the End-user Guild / NEARer Wallet Project / Mineria Virtual Guild with the support and help of my team @Jloc @Mineriavirtual @Luismayar @Nicolasp2 and others.

TLDR proposal

Drive the existing community we manage (Mineria.Virtual) into NEAR with the aim of receiving new collaborators, developers, ideas and constructive criticisms with which the financial product of the NEAR Wallet will be shaped and marketed.

Therefore, we will provide the financial tools people need on developing countries as the first step in the way for financial freedom, by developing the features that allows people to exchange local currency to NEAR/nUSDT/BEER/others, Swap, Lending, Loans, and more…

Why us, here & now

In our team, we all have expertise in the cryptocurrencies arena, we have ideas, we have the tools and the followers, in words of @mecsbecs:

it’s great to see how you and your teammates are leveraging your expertise with this project, and I think your motivation will inspire so many others. Thank you for being open to suggestions and ideas, and good luck with the project!

It was great to hear how you’re focusing on crypto end-users in Venezuela and wanting to empower individuals in their every day lives through NEAR

Thank you ! That is right !

Also, here in Venezuela (Argentina is a similar case) we have a special need for financial tools, so people is open mind to new products and the first case of use for blockchain is on finances.

And, now is the time because NEAR protocol allows small transactions, it is green, it is community foucesed and it has low fee transactions.

Issue / Solution

Issue:

Here in Venezuela people don’t have access to financial tools, it is difficult to open a bank account in “strong currency” as they call the USD and EUR. Economy is working now with paper money (USD) but it is still a problem because the commerce lack on change, so people can’t pay a $20 dollar invoice/bill with a $100 paper/bill.

Root problems
  1. Hyperinflation on developing countries, having to hedge financial losses in highly volatile markets and currencies.
  2. Financing Costs are very high if using the traditional banking systems, like TRF, LOC, CC, etc. And even with cryptocurrencies there is high fee using Ethereum for example or buying crypto from retailers with 5% aprox fee.
  3. Unbanked People, low-resources people and small businesses have been systematically ignored or given a hard time by the traditional financial services industry.

Also, there is a lack of cryptocurrencies adoption:

• It is difficult to exchange FIAT vs CRYPTO beacuse people don’t know how to
  • It is difficult to trust exchanges (they get hacked & they can freeze accounts)
  • There is no real need for crypto in developed countries

The Solution:

1. Near Protocol/Near Wallet, that is trusted and address the issues unbanked people is facing, allowing low fee transactions with facilities to build on it.
  2. A P2P Feature/dApp to ease adoption, allowing the exchange of FIAT with Crypto.
  3. Active Marketing using social networks + social events to engage with the public:
  • Instagram Live / Daily Post / Social Events / Videos to promote the Near Wallet starting with our community of +40K followers: Mineria Virtual.
  • A collaborative space as headquarters of Team/Guilds for events, weekly Crypto-Mondays and daily basis courses, social interactions, promotion and others.
  • A fun token like Dogecoin that would get public attention like BEER token (Crypto Birra)

Fact: We already manage the Mineria Virtual Community, right now we are setting up the collaborative space with personal funds, BEER TOKEN will be made in the following days, and also we already made a marketing test of the “Crypto Birra”.

If we all have already a Wallet and Cryptocurrencies in it, there will be no need for NEARer Wallet (NEER WALLET + FEATURES).

We understand that there is a transition step where cryptocurrencies and fiat currencies co-exist at the same time, this transition has already begun but from centralized exchanges where people is still scammed, get their funds frozen or stolen, so the next step in the transition are decentralized exchanges but not the now in existance like Uniswap, we are talking about a decentralized exchange with CRYPTO and FIAT currencies. Therefore, we need a Wallet that allows users to exchange their FIAT CURRENCY with CRYPTO.

About Mineria-Virtual Guild / NEARer Wallet PROJECT team

We are a group of professionals in different areas, most of us are experienced traders, we work with remittances and we are from Venezuela, Spain and Argentina.

The initial team is in no particular order as follows:

• Luis Maya, attorney and former COO of Mango Markets (venezuelan crypto exchange)
  • Fritz Wagner, engineer and founder of Bitdharma (Crypto Mining Company)
  • Juan Padrón, accounter and CFO of Zesions (crypto exchange)
  • Frank Cardenas, cryptocurrency trader and community manager of Mineria Virtual
  • Jose Ortuño, software developer, experienced trader and CEO of Cheers Factory
  • Nicolas Peña, CEO of a Marketing Company with a degree in international studies

Our Plan

1. Communication channels:
  • Telegram and Instagram of “Mineria Virtual” to spend time with the Spanish Community
  • Instagram & Twitter of @NearVenezuela for direct Marketing
  • Discord Channel where we can work together with our community, with collaborators.
  1. Create and manage a collaborative space: Nodo +58
  2. Define features, user experience, user interface, KYC, and others: dAPP project
  3. Develop a Nearer Wallet dApp with the help of the community developers (possible partnership with the Minerall Guild)
  4. Build a financial office that would place the necessary liquidity and operate fiat transactions, including the legal compliance.
  5. Run a marketing plan to promote NEAR:
  • Create quality content directed to our public, which includes free online courses: Proposal and Link to a sample of our own.
  • Direct Marketing: Mineria Virtual, post, videos & other interactions to promote NEAR.
  • Advertising: Through artists and celebrities like the test of “Crypto Beer” with richard linares (+ 2M followres)
  • Brand Recognition: Crypto Beer, pubs and bars will have the NEAR sticker of “Accept Payments with NEAR / BEER”
  • Customer feedback: On our Discord Channel, or Telegram group we will receive feedback and we will give support for the use of the applications on NEAR.

Roadmap

First, let’s take a second to mention what we have already achieved since we started working for the near community (30/06/2021):

1. We have a community of over 40 thousand people on Instagram (mineria.virtual), it’s important to mention that this community is already related to the cryptocurrency world.

2. We made a marketing test and promoted the NEAR technology with our crypto beer, the results were awesome, and people showed much interest.

3. We made several reunions with friends and family to measure interest and teach about NEAR.

4. We brought over 50 people to the NEAR HISPANO telegram community and already made some progress in other social networks such as Twitter (@NearVenezuela)

5. Our entire team have experience in several fields related to cryptocurrencies (trading, teaching, software development, marketing, and management in general)

Now without further ado, we present our roadmap for the next few months (period still for define):

The next three tasks represent the basis of our long term project, we will focus on this at the very start of our NEAR journey:

• Complete UX/UI for P2P feature (2 weeks from the start) and give it to the Development team (not us) so they can start working on it.
  • Complete the courses The World of the Cryptocurrencies & Blockchain Knight (1 month)
  • Complete the remodeling of Node +58 (2 months)
  1. First Stage: Awareness Marketing ( 3 months )
  • Refer +500 new contributors to open-web-sandbox
  • Refer +100 new contributors to gov.near.org forum
  • Daily social media activity → Producing a collection of +50 memes
  • Weekly live video to talk about NEAR opportunities using Mineria.Virtual Instagram
  • Monthly Meetup with our community
  • Introduce +200 new users into NEAR, by teaching them about Blockchain (Online courses 1)
  • Build a team of +10 instructors to promote the wallet in events/meetings/courses
  • These contributors/users will help us to spread the information for the next stage.
  • The instructors will help us to receive/promote/teach possible users, take care of the headquarters (Nodo +58), and as moderators of the communication channels.
  1. Second Stage: P2P feature ready ( 3 months after P2P feature )
  • Weekly “Crypto Beer” Events in Cheers Factory brewhouse
  • Weekly “Crypto Mondays” in the Collaborative Space Nodo +58 (Headquarters)
  • Welcome onboard +30 new developers to the Near Community
  • Refer +200 new users to the NEAR WALLET using the QR code of the Crypto Beer
  • Here we will be promoting and teaching people how to use the P2P feature
  1. Third Stage: Adoption ( 6 months after P2P feature )
  • Refer +2000 new users to the NEAR WALLET (pretty sure it can be more)
  • Exchange a volume of + USD 5,000 with NEAR as liquidity providers (P2P offers)
  1. Long term goals (1 year after P2P feature)
  • Daily exchange volume of + USD 10,000
  • +1 University / Institution with a NEAR protocol development program
  • +10,000 users of the NEAR WALLET P2P feature/dapp
  • Self-Driven Community that will look for NEAR expansion helping people to empower their finances
  • Repeat the process outside our borders starting with Argentina.
  • Possible next project: Adoption of Decentralized Voting dApps for Public Electoral Processes

Possible next project: Adoption of Decentralized Voting dApps for Public Electoral Processes

Goal

People will buy and sell products using the Near Wallet, they will go to a pub or bar and they will buy their food and drinks using the Near Wallet.

The strategy is to focus on the city of Caracas and then expand in Venezuela, replicate the marketing plan in Argentina.

Right now the buyers of cryptocurrencies are expeculating…

As the first use case for Internet was the E-mail, because the internet was for data transfering, now the first use case for Blockchain is finance, because Blockchain allows token transactions.

If we focus on the right audience, there is the chance for mainstream adoption.

14 Likes

Hey @FritzWorm and team - so honoured to be quoted in your Guilds introductory message! :blush:

Would love to chat more about how the NEAR Guilds Program can best support Mineria.Virtual. Feel free to book a meeting with me sometime over the coming week with you and your team @Jloc @Luismayar @Mineriavirtual!

3 Likes

hi @mecsbecs ! thanks for taking the time to stop by, we are very excited to meet and talk about our projects! :beers:!

2 Likes

Thanks for our chat today! It was great to hear how you’re focusing on crypto end-users in Venezuela and wanting to empower individuals in their every day lives through NEAR.

Next steps for developing your Guild and figuring out what your objectives are, so we can better support you in your efforts, would be to communicate here on the Forum in this post:

1. What your Education/Awareness-Raising plans are, connecting to your posted Instagram-focused marketing plans (which I will leave to my colleague to respond to more if needed cc: @JMaenen and @jcatnear);

2. What your steps are to getting to the creation of your Wallet dapp.

On the call it seemed you’re going to be focusing on the first area for the first 30-60 days of your Guild activities, which makes sense, so seeing your objectives for that here so you’re able to set your own goals for success would be great. If you have any project roadmaps for the development of more educational content, for instance, please link away. Happy to help if needed with any of this!

Please link to your Discord and/or Telegram in this post as well so members of the NEAR community can join your efforts and learn more about what you’re up to.

If you experience any difficulties getting assistance from Ref.finance, Minerall Guild, and/or Inc4 Guild for your second area (to determine and realize the dev and token support you require), feel free to let me know (mailto: rebecca@near.org)!

2 Likes

Thanks to you @mecsbecs @JMaenen @jcatnear and all the team !!! :v: :hugs:

Hope this can be a good reply:

1. For Education/Awareness we have:
  • Create and promote the Online courses @Grace liked the proposal we are still on development of this educational program
  • Daily social media activity: Content & Memes
  • Weekly Instagram Live to explain more about the opportunities with NEAR
  1. NEAR Wallet P2P feature:

I remember @StefanoPepe offer his hand ! =) Let’s define which team can do this.

First we need to know this will be done for sure, we already have the first two views and the concept: NEARer Wallet dApp

When it is clear which development team will help us, we will start working in the UX/UI design (2 weeks will be enough)

Here a pic of the Telegram Group where I invite you (I think it is you)

Opera Instantánea_2021-06-24_203355_web.telegram.org

1. Objectives:
Roadmap

Complete UX/UI for P2P feature ( 2 weeks from start ) and give it to the Development team ( not us ) so they can start working on it.
Complete the courses The World of the Cryptocurrencies & Blockchain Knight ( 1 month )
Complete the remodeling of Node +58 ( 2 months )

1. First Stage: Awareness Marketing ( 3 months )
  • Refer +500 new contributors to open-web-sandbox

• Refer +100 new contributors to gov.near.org forum

• Daily social media activity → Producing a collection of +50 memes

• Weekly live video to talk about NEAR opportunities using Mineria.Virtual instagram

• Monthly Meetup with our community

• Introduce +200 new users into NEAR by teaching them about Blockchain (Online courses

• Build a team of +10 instructors to promote the wallet in events/meetings/courses

This contributors/users will help us to spread the information for the next stage.
The instructors will help us to receive/promote/teach possible users, take care of the headquarters (Nodo +58) and as moderators of the communication channels.

1. Second Stage: with the P2P feature ready ( 3 months after P2P feature )
  • Weekly “Crypto Beer” Events in Cheers Factory brew house
  • Weekly “Crypto Mondays” in the Collaborative Space Nodo +58 (Headquarters)
  • Welcome on board +30 new developers to the Near Community
  • Refer +200 new users to the NEAR WALLET using the QR code of the Crypto Beer

Here we will be promoting and teaching people how to use the P2P feature

1. Third Stage: Adoption ( 6 months after P2P feature )
  • Refer +2000 new users to the NEAR WALLET (pretty sure it can be more)
  • Exchange a volume of +$5,000 USD with NEAR as liquity providers (P2P offers)

Long term goals ( 1 year after P2P feature )

• Daily exchange volume of +$10,000 USD
  • +1 University / Institution with a NEAR protocol development program
  • +10,000 users of the NEAR WALLET P2P feature/dapp
  • Self-Driven Community that will look for NEAR expansion helping people to empower their finances
  • Repeat the process outside our borders starting with Argentina.

Possible next project: Adoption of Decentralized Voting dApps for Public Electoral Processes

“Issues and Solution” edited for more clarity thanks for point it out @JMaenen

About Discord / Telegram we want to start with them after the UX/UI process begins.

30/06/2021 We are having a meeting for this Proposal with @shreyas to see if this project/guild will be going further :v:.

If we focus on the right audience, there is the possibility of mainstream adoption.

2 Likes

Hey @FritzWorm I know you’re already on the Open Web Sandbox Discord server but this is a note to let you know if you’re looking for contributor support for the wallet or any other of your educational activities, the Project Form is now live in the #project-profile channel. As another avenue to you and the team to get assistance!

1 Like

Thanks @mecsbecs & @Sofia_Alum

The form to make a task request for your project/guild was filled.

Done:

It was an ask for 180 NEAR to create the UX/UI design of the p2p feature.

Best regards

1 Like

@FritzWorm thank you for adding such a detailed roadmap to this proposal!

A few remarks:

1. How do you plan on tracking the metrics for referring new contributors to OWS and the forum?
  2. I would also like to see how the Mineria guild can help grow the main NEAR social channels and communities. Have you thought of a way to funnel people to our Telegram, Twitter, and Instagram accounts/groups?
  3. When the Guild is established, I would also like to help you with promoting some of your milestones and I would like your help to distribute ecosystem news. I will contact you about this after the Guild has been approved.
2 Likes

Hi @JMaenen thanks for your feedback.

1. I have done some referrals already and follow the track of them

Forum

@Nicolasp2
Proof:

→ Badges / Promoter

OWS Discord

Sandbox [June 2021] Reward Claim of [FritzWagner #6722]

@mecsbecs Hi, you also ask me about this referral tracking, well this is very simple on gov.near.org as you can see I get my Badge hehehe.

So, no worries, we will keep that on track because it will be part of the job to record the information.

1. Well, we already bring around 50 new people into the telegram of Near Hispano Telegram: Contact @NEARHispano and this is because it is simple for us in Venezuela to refer people into the new Spanish community of NEAR telling them they could help and get rewarded, that they can pay us in our brewery with NEAR, and more is to come.

We will help by creating content, explaining the benefits for NEAR, by Staking or by joining the Community and work with all of us.

Hopefully if you approve this project then our people will get benefits just from using the technology exchanging their FIAT into Crypto and using crypto on daily basis.

About @NearProtocol Twitter / Telegram / Governance Forum (here):

• We will tell them about the opportunities here OWS
  • We will just ask our people to follow the twitter account of @NearProtocol and join Telegram
  • We want to run a referral program where people open a Near Wallet + follow the socials and get 5 NEAR airdrop.
Pic

It says: Do you want to learn how to make a living from Blockchain ?
#benefits #caracas #venezuela #near … etc

1. Thank you for your interest and help ! You count on us, here in Venezuela we really need this services/producs so we are motivated to help and improve the lives of our fellow country people.

→ I will contact you about this after the Guild has been approved.

R: Well I will love to see more light about this process, which are the next steps @shreyas

Next steps:

1. As mentioned in the proposal doc, I’m waiting for detailed breakdown on the different verticals mentioned in the doc.
  2. After you have filled that up, along with budgets, let’s get on a call to go over it.
  3. If there are any revisions, you can get to it, but if not, you can post the sub proposals in the relevant sections on the forum.
  4. The respective funding DAOs will help support your proposal.

I hope that is clear.

4 Likes

Just as a heads-up, the Wallet Team has already a very tight list of features planned for the next two quarters (until the end of 2021), and the room to add new features designed from scratch is close to zero right now.

1 Like

Hi @StefanoPepe thanks for the heads-up.

The Minerall Guild is on board, waiting for the UI/UX

Regards :v:

1 Like

Hey @FritzWorm @Jloc - thank you for our call earlier! @shreyas and I are looking forward to hearing from you when the changes we discussed have been incorporated into your current Education Proposal [soon to be posted on the Forum to then achieve CommunitySquad DAO funding approval].

When you do post that proposal, a reminder to do so with your “mineria-virtual” tag so we can easily find it. I also realize that since this initial proposal was posted your Guild’s plans and road map have shifted significantly, I would recommend also posting a new Guilds Introduction post (with maybe a link to this original post here). This will make it easier to see at a glance what the Mineria-Virtual Guild’s vision and objectives are in the immediate and long term.

2 Likes