[Approved] Blockchain Club of Uganda New Year Event and Social Media Budget

Near Year Near BCU Guild Event

With its main net launch in 2020, a strong ecosystem premised on DAOs and guilds and a developer friendly environment, Near Protocol has slowly, but surely gained adoption in the Tropical Africa through a conviction of overcoming some of the major predicaments of competing systems—such as low throughput, low speeds, and poor cross-compatibility. The Blockchain Club of Uganda cherishes its association with such a platform.

I a bid to achieve our goal as a Near guild, and to set a platform for achieving our goals as stipulated in our Guild roadmap refer here https://www.blockchainuganda.io/ especially that of having our team introduce local developers to the building on the “ideal platform for DApps” and leveraging on the Doomslug consensus, it is crucial we keep them updated of the any major developments in the ecosystem, “we are a Near Bully Pulpit in the region”

Given this background, the blockchain Club of Uganda Guild has moved to organize a beginning of Year event as we prepare our 2022 projects.

Rationale of the even

To bring together the Near Uganda ecosystem for a one on one interaction.

To forge and brainstorm a possible way of working to together majorly between developers, artistes, traders, enthusiasts and general public.

To have a general input from the entire ecosystem for the Guild 2022 modus operandi. That’s to say, Artists may prefer an NFT based hackathon while traders may prefer a DeFi centric one.

To have a one on one social hour between the learning developers (university students) with the Blockchain Clun of Uganda Dev Head.

Previously similar executed activities.

The Blockchain Club of Uganda has previously held community events. These can be found here BCU Guild Convention - Google Drive

Expected Matrices

We expect an audience of 100-200 attendees, fifty percent 50% of these have probably created Near accounts. Therefore, those without accounts will open accounts accounting for at least 50% That’s to say 50 members.

For those with accounts already, we shall encourage incorporating the 2FA for the phone number and/or email bearing in mind that this locks some Near to cater for the service as well as boosting wallet security.

Important to note also, is that we shall clear the air about getting the right information from the right sites, a case in point being the reported scam of near.wallet.org instead of wallet.near.org

In this event, we also hope to reach 15-20 members of the Google Developer Schools Club of Makerere University. This is the group that will have a one on one with our Dev Head.

We also target to interact with at least 5 associates from the Uganda Museum who we shall introduce NFT’s on Near, in any case refer them to NFT infrastructure built on Near such as Mintbase and Paras.

Finally, we shall aim for more subscription to the Near Official socials especially Twitter and Telegram.

Projected Budjet:

Description Quantity Unit cost($) Total($)
Venue 1 320 320
Refreshments 150 7 1050
Swag 50 12 6oo
Covid SOP Kit(Masks) 2 3 6
Total 1976

Social Media Management

We have had a slow social growth for the month of December because our Dec proposal was rejected. This means we need ambitious revamp for our social media reach.

For our socials, we shall do a like&retweet campaign to boost our twitter as well as advertise our New Year event https://twitter.com/BlockchainClubU
Therefore, the above pieces of swag shall be given to the attendees who will have like and retweeted our selected advertising tweets for the event.

Starting with this New Year event, we shall do video documentation which shall be uploaded under our Events Section on our website.
Therefore, we shall include the cost for the video in our social media management budget.

We shall also hold a Telegram quiz after our New Year event. This will help us to keep our telegram community engaged. Telegram: Contact @BlockchainClubUg

Social Media Management Budget.

Description Cost($0
Twitter 150
Telegram 150
Event Videography 200
Total 500

Total January Proposed Budget.

Near Year Event 1976
Social Media Management 500
Total cost($) 2476
Total cost in Near 247N

Target wallet address
bcuganda.sputnik-dao.near

2 Likes

Good evening! I very like these kind of workshops / seminars, where people learn about Near Protocol. You can also work with @jlwaugh and Near Meet project.

I am going to support your proposal.

Do you have specific KPI’s for social media?

Key aimed results for Near Community is growth on 25% for all channels.

Thank You :wave:

Thanks for your support @Dacha I have gotten in touch with @jlwaugh and joined the Near Meet project.
I hope to report success of our event early next month :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah sure, our twitter has grown to 450 followers from 300 in Nov/Dec accounting for a 33% increment https://twitter.com/BlockchainClubU whereas telegram increased by 25% from 280 to 400 members Telegram: Contact @BlockchainClubUg.
We anticipate these to increase by 30% by mid Feb after executing our social media campaign this month.

1 Like

Thank You. Going to support your proposal. Have a great day!

1 Like

You are most welcome :slightly_smiling_face: Waiting on the rest of the @marketingdao-council to have a say.

1 Like

Hi Mucu,

Thanks for all the work you are doing with Blockchain Uganda!

Glad to see you are already working with James and the NEAR Meetups initiative. I am very bullish on in-person events and that programme is much better suited for it.

A couple of thoughts from me:

• Distribution Channels beyond social media. It is not uncommon for projects to focus too much on the standard digital channels, most of which are saturated, when there are other potentially suitable avenues that could yield better results. For example, I think that this event could really benefit from coordinating directly with the University and have them announce to students (during lectures, email, etc.). Likewise, I think that creating an email list (in case you don’t already have one) could be a great way to keep al past events’ participants up to date with the latest.
  • Recorded sessions. You mentioned that recorded sessions will be uploaded to website. I would suggest uploading to Youtube (better SEO) and then embedding the YouTube video on website. I see tremendous value in making this content available to as wide an audience as possible.

I support this proposal.

2 Likes

Hey all,

Happy to move this to Approved

Please note: The payout process is changing. Do not submit a funding request to the DAO. You will be notified when the new process is live. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks @satojandro for your constructive thoughts and the support.
True, we have been using rudimentary methods to disseminate event notices such as faculty library noticeboards as well and indeed we shall buy your advice to use of the same kind of advertising. The email list is also taken care of especially those who register for our newsletter.
We shall also surely consider uploading the recordings on YouTube in addition to our events section on the website.

Thanks,
This has been well noted!

1 Like

Hi @Mucu256 just wanted to voice my approval for the work you are doing. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Hey,

Thanks for your patience!

The new funding process is now live, you can follow the instructions here to request your funding:

1 Like

Thanks David, and the rest of the team for the hard work and for such a great update. I have started on the process to request my funding.
Please note that there will be a change in the amount requested in near due to price change. It should also keep clear that the amount doesn’t change in USD.

1 Like

Hello Blockchain Club of Uganda! Since the Marketing DAO is following the payout process as shared above, I have been asked to nudge you to now post this proposal as a poll to the Marketing DAO Astro DAO so the Council can vote on the funding to be granted to you.

This action is needed from you as a successful (passed) poll is needed before we can proceed to the next/final step of issuing the Reward Agreement for your representative to sign.

Please let us know if you have any questions/concerns!

cc: @marketingdao-council

3 Likes