[CLOSED] August | Marketing and management social media for Talk Away Startup

Introduction: Managing and creating content about education - crypto-currency and decentralization in the social media of the Talk Away platform.

Funding scheme: monthly

Hello, @marketingdao-council! We are very happy that our platform already has cyptocurrency Near thanks to your support.

tutors plan: https://talkawaylanguage.com/users/register/tutor-registration/?v=908f9fa6d01c 1
students plan: https://talkawaylanguage.com/students-registration/?v=908f9fa6d01c

We would like to continue building content on our social media with posts that bring more clarity about the use of crypto currency on our website through NFTs, promote our first NFT collection that is in our NFT gallery, as well as acquire more students and tutors worldwide who are interested in our approach.

At Talk Away you can schedule with a tutor a walk around the city and practice a language, our idea is to have tutors in several cities around the world promoting a huge cultural meeting and that all people can pay in Fiat or Near.

Initiative summary:

With this funding, we will manage our social networks and create content.

Social Media

Facebook
Daily synchronization with Instagram posts and stories and 2 times per week dissemination of the platform in Facebook groups, creation of events to promote Instagram lives.

Instagram
6 posts and 10 stories per week.

1 live per month about decentralization - education - crypto.

YouTube

1 live per month in partnership with a DAO from the ecosystem.

3 videos per week

Boost posts

Content creation
Content about NFTs, Crypto, decentralization, education and languages. We will have a support for translation from portuguese to english for this.

We will debut our Medium account and at the end of the month, we will write an article about the concept of decentralization in the near ecosystem and crypto-currencies and how this influences the TalkAway approach. We will do this article in English and Portuguese, after lives and studies on the topic of decentralization. How can we think about decentralized learning? How does this technological concept widespread in the Near ecosystem inspire the Talk Away platform and the new ways of life?

Expected impact and value you foresee for the NEAR ecosystem/community:

The Talk Away Platform aims to be a large intercultural community of education. Learning languages by walking or through cultural experiences is a simple and at the same time innovative practice. Talk Away is a proposal of simplification and dynamism for global communication.

We are interested in becoming a dApp, promoting to the public a more sophisticated and practical experience of using the platform, entering further into the Near ecosystem and building an education project within the web3.

Beyond the proposal, we would love to have your guidance about good profesional programmers that can work with us in the future and where in the ecosystem we can have a guidance regarding the technological possibilities of a dApp for the future. We would also like to build a DAO, all of this is being studied so that we can consistently make the new steps.

It is being fundamental the support of Marketing DAO and already have NFTs in our site to realize the demand for content creation in relation to this theme.

Funding Details

August:

Social Media: US$ 600,00

Boost Post: US$ 150,00

Content creation: US$ 500,00

Total funding: US$ 1.250,00

Near wallet ID: talkaway.near

Wallet owner’s name: Fernanda Paixão Moreira

1 Like

Could you please share the links on social media? Thanks

2 Likes

Hello @Dacha, of course.

Best

1 Like

I added the links on about part of Facebook and YouTube, and in linktree of Instagram, but throughout the month of August, I will be posting gifs of the NFTs and specific posts, telling the public more about and boosting the content.

Thanks

Hey there,

As per your last proposal, I got the impression you were implementing a payment gateway that would allow for taking Near as payment.

The platform for Talkaway website is wordpress + woo commerce. I can see you put down a link for purchasing an NFT in the blog, but it’s not giving access to content as of yet.

In your proposal above you wrote:
“Beyond the proposal, we would love to have your guidance about good profesional programmers that can work with us in the future and where in the ecosystem we can have a guidance regarding the technological possibilities of a dApp for the future. We would also like to build a DAO, all of this is being studied so that we can consistently make the new steps.”

The marketing DAO isn’t as much of an advisory board for marketing as it is a forum of getting marketing projects approved. Consider going here:

I just wanted to get a perspective on the TalkAway product side and funding. Have you applied for a grant to develop the product beyond its current form?

The initial scope gave me a very different impression of the product and I just can’t see how this product (in its current form) will result in greater ecosystem engagement.

Therefore, It’s a no from me.

Hello @Klint,

Thank you for your posts, they are extremely pertinent and I would like to point out a few important things for further clarification and I ask you to reconsider this.

Yes, our website is in wordpress based format and as we talked about in our last report ([Report] Talk Away Platform activities), the creation of NFT was quite fruitful for us to build a creative way to access our content through Near crypto currency.

Yes, you can access content and services with the Near cryptocurrency such as:

Portuguese classes for foreigners in Rio de Janeiro, link below:

Access to exclusive ebook, link below:

Subscription plans when you buy the NFTs:

And a very important fact: the platform only receives payment for the tutor’s first lesson. From the second lesson on, the tutors receive directly from the client. Of the 4 tutors we have on the platform 3 of them have created Near wallets and will receive transfers in Near, below their wallets:

Haydeepaixao.near
Fabionfs.near
Mohammedeljazouli.near

In their profile we added this information:

• It is important for you to know that this also happens with Fiat, that is, the payment possibility from the second class is the same as the fiat payment for NEAR currency.

I apologize for asking for advice on building the dApp, yes we are writing a project for a grant and to create a dApp, and we appreciate the link shared. As I put crypto on this website, even though it is wordpress, I generate inquiries and questions from my community that is starting and growing organically.

I would like to continue presenting this subject in my social networks, write articles about it and go inserting it with posts and content, as we are already doing, and why we have crypto currency on the site. We have worked hard on creating all the NFTs, this involves creation, concept, and building the crypto possibility on our site in the best way possible.

We ask that if possible, please reconsider supporting us for this content building on our social media, inserting the idea and concept of decentralization, crypto and education.

In the meantime, we are bringing in more tutors around the world both from within the ecosystem and outside (Tutors from Near Nigeria are interested, for example). About building the dApp, this will be a step forward and with already consistent content. Marketing support is essential to building our story, our audience, consistently and with quality content about the NEAR ecosystem and already offering payment opportunities in NEAR for our services.

Thank you!

Hello @marketingdao-council,

How are you all?

I would like to continue our conversation, if it is posible.

Best regards,

Fernanda Paixão

Thanks you for your proposal and links.

I assumed that the original funding request would be used to develop a payment gateway for near on your website. I suggest that you continue to explore ways to achieve this goal.

Although i like your project and see that tutors have created wallets, this funding request is not providing clear value to near. Not able to support in current form.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I will follow your suggestion.

Thanks for the proposal – I agree with the other council members – I would like to see the achievement of the original goal before funding next steps. I encourage you to keep building and come back in the future once that goal has been realized.

1 Like