[Closed] Attendance at Rare Effect 3 NFT/CryptoArt Exhibition, Lisbon Nov 2nd/3rd

Hey all

“Rare Effect 3” is taking place between 27th October and 6th November at Arroz Estudios in Lisbon. It is the third edition of ‘Rare Effect’ regarded as “Europe’s’ first Crypto Art Festival”.

The NEAR Foundation are one of the supporters [sponsors?] of the exhibition which is scheduled to coincide with WebSummit week in Lisbon.

Near Protocol account tweet:

Arroz Estudios in Lisbon - the exhibition host and organiser - have a long term relationship with NEAR while NFT ticketing will be provided by Seatlab

My submission for the open-call was selected for exhibition and I will be now be travelling to Lisbon for two days on Nov 2nd - 3rd in order to represent my work, and my history as a long term NEAR-exclusive artist and community member.

I will be exhibiting a piece of conceptual digital art at the exhibition that is minted as an NFT on mintbase - link below.

Interestingly, the piece is currently being featured in an advert for Rare Effect 3 at the Cais Do Sodré metro station in Lisbon:

Exhibiting artist flyer:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CkJQ9xqNKwR/

Mint link:
https://www.mintbase.io/contract/zeitwarp.mintbase1.near/token/59 -

My NEARstory:

I have been a NEAR-exclusive cryptoartist since Feb 2021, and have featured in a number of NEAR exhibitions, ecosystem initiatives, promotional efforts, and podcasts,

I previously exhibited at Arroz during NEARCon 22 - a physical solo gallery of AR enabled music graffiti paintings that had their digital layers minted on Paras/Mintbase. (I also exhibited at Rare Effect 2 in May 2021, but was unable to travel due to Covid restrictions.)

There is a lot more detail on my artist history within NEAR in this Paras publication:

Benefits to NEAR:

I will leave the debate on valuing the contribution of artists to a blockchain ecosystem to others, but I would perhaps suggest that there is value in one of the leading conceptual cryptoartists on NEAR being present physically at an exhibition supported by the NEAR Foundation, especially when artists from other chains are represented in the same exhibition, and during WebSummit week.

Cost breakdown
(documented & paid)
Flights total = £178.42 - Conversion to USD at 1.15 = $205.18
Accommodation = €95.42 - Conversion to USD at 1.00 = $95.42

Total = $300 ($300.60)

Let me know what you think
Thnx :+1:

7 Likes

I like Your ART so much :heart:

3 Likes

Hey, thnx, always nice to hear :+1:

2 Likes

Good day! Closing the proposal. Have a good one!

1 Like

Hi @Dacha
I did go to the exhibition in lisbon, and can report back if you need/want…
But if it doesn’t fit under the paused “events” funding stream…then understood.
thnx :+1:

2 Likes