[PROPOSAL] Artivist Dapp

Good morning everyone!

I am Carol Bampa, a Brazilian cultural entrepreneur based in Portugal.
We have a promising application project to foster the creative and solidarity economy to be executed in the Near protocol.It will be an innovative way to fund socio-environmental causes and introduce ngos to the decentralized economy.

We intend to submit this project to Near’s funding program and are open to suggestions and collaborations from the community. :slight_smile:

ARTIVIST DAPP

Overview

Artivist is a dapp that connects artists, activists, and independent socio-environmental institutions for the application of a collaborative network of creative economy on WEB3.

The artivist application intend to be a potential source for visual artists and designers as well as income for independent institutions that are sources of transformation for social or environmental awareness.

The project is a way of scaling an initiative that has already been tried on two occasions and has gained relevance and engagement from artists, institutions, and users. Part of the experience of the ‘Chamada Artivista’, a digital event mobilized on social media.

The application would be a complete automation of the initiative in a system that would make possible campaigns mobilized by institutions and artists, promoting social and environmental causes.

It is a platform that financially rewards the artist’s engaged work, with the possibility of scaling their earnings, giving visibility, and consequently more opportunities for recognition. It is also a source of resources for Non-Governmental Organizations that can enhance their visibility and publicize their awareness-raising purposes. For the consumer, it means the possibility of fulfilling themselves by supporting and disseminating the causes they believe in, and being able to receive rewards for this.

The idea is to develop this app as an extension of Mintbase, since the NFTs from the marketplace would need to be minted on this platform and then synchronized in the artist’s Artivist portfolio.

A smart contract split commissions to Artist, Mintbase, Artivist, and Non-Governmental Organization.

Weaknesses and Strength

The most notable weakness, based on what has already been carried out and tested, refers to the final cost of the product, which can be considered high to cover all commissions in a viable way.

Thus, for the business to be more sustainable from an economic point of view, sales must occur on a relatively larger scale than in the two test editions.

The positives are very motivating.

Initially, we can explain them from the different perspectives of the User, Artist, Institution and Consumer:

From the Artist’s point of view:

• Possibility to be rewarded for your artistic engagements;
  • Possibility to scale your earnings from your art royalties in an automated way,

From the NGO’s point of view:

• An alternative source of funding for awareness campaigns,
  • Possibility of publicizing the institution and its respective cause, from its own initiative or from third parties who share the cause,
  • A smart mobilization system in favor of a solidarity economy
  • Introduction of Non-Governmental Organizations to the ecosystem of Web3 and decentralized management and monetization.

From the Consumer’s point of view:

• Possibility of becoming a supporter of a cause,
  • Possibility of receiving steak rewards or discounts resulting from your purchase volume;
  • Possibility of publicizing campaigns that promote your cause.

As a business model, a mobile application that makes it possible for countless “Chamada Artivista” to autonomously occur simultaneously , responds to the problem of scalability verified in the first tests.

Target Audience

• Artivist artists
  • Non-Governmental Organizations
  • Artivist consumers

Objectives

1. To foster a collaborative network of creative economy on WEB3.
  2. Increase the sources of funds for Non-Governmental Organizations
  3. Enhance visibility and spread awareness purposes through a decentralized network
  4. Introduce Non-Governmental Organizations to the ecosystem of Web3 and decentralized management and monetization.

Why this project

Art has always been for me, an ignition to interact socially. I have always been involved in arts and culture as a way to express myself critically and politically about the world.

I worked for almost 7 years in a Labor Union and it was there that I got the insight that what moved me was this desire to positively transform the communities I am a part of. I also understood that empathy is the key to flow the connections that generate social transformations.

Since then, I have participated in many incredible experiences that have mobilized communities and positively impacted societies.

I believe that arts and culture are not disconnected from their critical and political role, as they are catalysts for consciousness and transformation.

That is why I recognize myself as an ‘artivist’ and have immense respect for those who perform their arts in favor of socio-environmental causes. The realization of this application on Near’s blockchain would mean a conceptual advance in the idea of impacting communities through art.

What will you do

The artivist application will be a source for mobile devices that intend to be a potential source for visual artists and designers, as well as income for independent institutions that are sources of transformation without scope for social or environmental awareness.

The project is a way of scaling an initiative that has already been tried on two occasions and has gained relevance and engagement from artists, institutions and users. Part of the experience of the ‘Chamada Artivista’, a digital event mobilized on social networks that consisted of 3 stages:

• Public call for visual artists and designers who plan to create in favor of a social or environmental cause,

• Indication of a non-governmental institution that works in favor of a socio-environmental cause,

• Public voting to choose which art would represent the cause and institution.

The application would be a complete automation of the initiative, in a system that would make possible campaigns mobilized by institutions and artists, promoting social and environmental causes.

Through the application it will be possible for the user to register in 3 ways: ARTIST, NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGAN or CLIENT.

Registering as an ARTIST allows you to upload NFTbase from the Mining Platform that will be chosen or chosen by institutions that want a campaign.

Registering as an INSTITUTION allows you to choose an NFT from an artist who will represent you to start a campaign.

Registering as a CLIENT allows the user to interact in the environment market to acquire NFTs from the available campaigns.

The COMMUNITY environment is where all users can interact through their profiles.

It is a platform that financially rewards the artist’s engaged work, with the possibility of scaling their earnings, giving visibility, and consequently, more opportunities for recognition. It is also a source of resources for Non-Governmental Organizations that can enhance their visibility and publicize their awareness-raising purposes. For the consumer, it means the possibility of fulfilling themselves by supporting and disseminating the causes they believe in, and being able to receive rewards for this.

The idea is to develop this app as an extension of Mintbase, since the NFTs from the marketplace would need to be minted on this platform and then synchronized in the artist’s Artivist portfolio.

A smart contract extension would split at the time of payment, converting commissions to Artist, Mintbase, Artivis,t and Non-Governmental Organization.

As far as the application is concerned, there is an initial prototype project in the Figma: https://www.figma.com/file/uDRtJSRUHdo0Iz2al6EHtW/Artivista-web3?node-id=0%3A1

How will you do it

Considering the start-up in 2022, the plan will be as follows (with minor changes):

• From March to May 2022 - Finalize the prototype of the Artivist application in the Figma program,
  • From May to Jul 2022 - Apply usability tests with different audiences, write user experience reports, analyze feedback and results,
  • From Jun 2022 to Jan 2023 - Make adjustments to the application based on the demands raised in the usability tests and Develop the app
  • From September to November 2022 - Develop branding, concept, and brand design
  • From September 2022 to February 2023 - Seek more partnerships for dissemination or funding,
  • From Nov 2022 to Feb 2023 - Develop and execute an application dissemination and launch plan
  • From Nov 2022 to Feb 2023 - Provide bureaucratic formalizations such as trademark registration, legal entity registration, and other institutional requirements.
  • Mar 2023 - Launch of Artivist Beta

Key Assumptions

Artivist has already had its concept tested in the form of 2 Cultural Contests, called Chamada Artivista, which were promoted on the profiles of the social network Instagram of Banca Paisagem (@bancapaisagem) and Respeita (@respeita.pt).

On both occasions, the same model was applied:

• A call for artists and designers who wanted to create in favor of a socio-environmental cause, in both cases, in favor of the feminist cause;
  • Indication of an NGO that works in favor of the socio-environmental cause,
  • Public voting to choose which art entry would represent the cause and institution

From this journey, the art chosen by the public was printed on the t-shirt that was sold through the print-on-demand system, using the Printful application. From the value of each sale, the profit was shared between the artist, the institution, and the store that promoted the contest.

In both campaigns, there was a relevant engagement of the public and other participating agents. There were more than a dozen subscribers and hundreds of daily interactions on social networks.

The choice of institution and the counting of votes were made with absolute transparency, through google forms, with sharing of results on social networks.

We consider that the concept has been successfully validated as the purpose of Artivista is essentially the same as Chamada Artivista. We now propose to evolve this first initiative, implementing the concept on web3 through the sale of NFTs, scaling the possibilities of transformation and impact of this initiative.

In a way, we can consider the Artivist Call a prototype, insofar as we made the concept tangible within what the technology we had accessibly allowed.

Why will this fail

The most notable weakness, based on what has already been carried out and tested, refers to the final cost of the product, which can be considered high to cover all commissions in a viable way.

Thus, for the business to be more sustainable from an economic point of view, sales must occur on a relatively larger scale than in the two test editions.

Milestones

Team

Carol Bampa (carolbampa.near) - Idealizer and manager Carol_Bampa.pdf
Ledum Peter - UX/Graphic designer Ledum Peter.pdf
Yash Garg - Developer Yash_Garg.pdf
Alex Wang - Developer Alex_CV.pdf
Bernard Akure - UX Research BBA ResumeX.pdf
Alfredo Guenzani - Brand strategist/Marketing producer

Project Roadmap after the grant

After the fellowship period, we hope to already have consolidated partners to iterate and launch the pro version of the app.

With a good marketing strategy in place, we envision a good buy-in from artists and consumer activists. We will also run a dedicated campaign to learn about the concept of web3 and Near’s ecosystem with Non-Governmental Organizations to enable an innovative source of funding for socio-environmental causes.

Compensation (in USD to be paid in NEAR Tokens)

The compensation I am trying to secure is 25.000USD in NEAR tokens

We hope that we are successful so that we can begin the work of education and awareness of the Near ecosystem among NGOs, in order to expand the concept of independent organization in this new technological paradigm. :honeybee: :sunflower:

@Ledum_IX / Yash Garg / Alfredo Guenzani / Alex Wang / Bernard Akure

6 Likes

hey @carolbampa, how are you? Your idea seems to be very interesting so far, thank you for sharing here with us!
As you mentioned a connection with the Mintbase platform, and you are not part of a DAO yet, I’d suggest you to propose this idea to the Mintbase DAO.

I’ll tag the @Mintbase crew here to check your project out too.

5 Likes

I also suggest that you and your team provide here (you can edit your post or reply it with more info) the following things: a roadmap of the project, a budget (even if just a draft), Next steps and short-term and long-term goals. These details will help us finding a DAO that might fund the project and/or help you submit your idea for a grant.

4 Likes

@JulianaM, I am very grateful for your tips.
I have added more project information as recommended.
Right now we are providing the more technical roadmap with the components and development specifications.
Our idea is to apply this project for the funding program, but if @Mintbase likes our idea to build it together that would be great too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

first of all, take a look on this post here: Guilds' Tiering System: An evolutionary Path for Community Development

Here you can see that Guilds and Daos can follow this path in order to submit proposals. The Creatives DAO is one of the Verticals in the NEAR ecosystem.

But it seems like your project is too big for the Creatives DAO (we only fund 5k per month max) as well as for Mintbase DAO.
So, I’d suggest you to apply for a grant: NEAR Foundation Grants

OR

Organize your project month by month or quarter by quarter, following the guidelines proposed in the first link :smiley:

3 Likes