[Closed] April 2022 - Introduction of near to 1 million youths within Lagos Nigeria -

Thank you. I truly appreciate.

Through this project, We’ll be Onboarding creatives especially in the gospel sector. Creatives in music, dance, poetry, designers & developers.
The chain of event will create a even greater ripple effect and I’m really excited about what the future entails.

Lovely question, like I said in the first draft, i’m a youth leader and have been for quite a while. I’m all about empowering this next generation financially, mentally and in all ramifications of life. Ensuring that they live their best life’s making global positive impact in their world and I dare believe that with web3 and the NEAR community, they’ll be on a fast lane towards a great and positively fruitful future.
Someone rightly once said “evil prevails when good men do nothing” and with the happenings in our world today, we must make a change and that change that’s with the youth. Information is power… And with great power comes great responsibility.

I hope I elaborately answered your question @Albhion

2 Likes

In my opinion, there is no need to want people’s home addresses and Phone numbers :smile:
It would be nice to add an excel file that lists the opening wallets you will create to the report.

You might want to change Exchange rate.
Exchange rate to us dollar: ₦550 to $1 (Sometimes the values ​​on the internet do not show the exact exchange rate in the country you live in. Thus I can not say anything about the exchange rate in your country.)
Exchange rate to NEAR: $16.2 to N1(Binance Global 01.12 UTC)

I think, it will be a better explanation if you share the google maps link.

1 Like

Map Link is above.

Okay… Am excel sheet would definitely be created for listing out wallets.
Home address was not an intentional addition, must have been typo.
For follow up calls towards the event, we need phone numbers… That’s how we’ll get onboardees into telegram.

Adjusted! Thank you so much

1 Like

You could make a QR to invite people into telegram.
@FritzWorm could you share your QR Banner :grinning:

1 Like

I was going to ask someone about that just now… :100::100::100:

@so608 @Dacha @mr_free @Klint @david_NEAR @marketingdao-council

Hi guys, yet to get feedback from y’all… Easter is fast approaching and this event is the sensitive.

Would really appreciate feedback on approval to know next step. :heart:

Hello Sholaspark,

As I mentioned, Onboarding-dao doesn’t support events with a budget over 500$.
It looks like you plan a set of events, so your proposal is for marketing-dao.
Also, Onboarding-dao already supported some events in Nigeria (Lagos), we would like to support events in other countries for more decentralization.

Good evening! I can support up $200 for first event. Thanks

3 Likes

@Sholaspark Given that this has not yet been approved and, if that does happen, it can take up to 6 days to send payment via Astro, is it still possible to host this on 4/30? Do you have a contingency plan for a later date?

2 Likes

Hi, Thanks for replying.

I’m fixed for the same date. It’s an Easter event and has to happen on said date. I have had it in plans since 3 months ago. Being onboarded in February only brought to light an opportunity to bring in NEAR and unveil to the youths in Lagos, Nigeria.
We’ve been on the move for 1 million youths since January by Dec 2022 and it’s going to happen unfailingly.
I only hope NEAR can come onboard ASAP.
If not then my team and I will continue regardless.

:heart:

@so608 @Dacha @Klint @david_NEAR @marketingdao-council

From my POV, given the age of some of the participants, this would be a hard no:

3 Likes

Given the funding restrictions for projects working with children, I cannot support this proposal.

2 Likes

The age of participants as stated above, does not allow us to consider this application.

However, I would like to add some extra remarks that still apply:

• I’m noticing a trend of people who are entirely new to the ecosystem to throw events of thousands of dollars (tens of thousands of dollars when indexed to the cost of living in USA, Europe)
  • New community members have to prove their commitment and knowledge about the NEAR ecosystem. I would be willing to jump on a Zoom call for applicants to share everything they know, what they are excited about, and most importantly, what they will be sharing to others about NEAR,
  • I think that holding large events with a focus primarily on entertainment is unnecessary. No doubt people can have a great time, but there is little to no long term value to NEAR community globally.

I would strongly suggest you start organising a Meetup with minimal budget - $200 proposed by Dacha sounds appropriate. This Minimum Viable Event would be a great trial to work on the important questions:

• how to get people through the door;
  • what type pf content do they receive;
  • what is the objective of the campaign and how do we measure success?
  • Known unknowns

AVB

2 Likes

Hello!
I have noticed same thing too. I’m thinking the issue or point that needs attention is the message passed during onboarding done by existing DAOs or guilds.

In another way, its great that new people are getting to understand few things about the ecosystem.

Reasonable comment.
Many events look like parties (entertainment events), not like educational.
Also, there are many new DAOs(and guilds) that asked for funding from NF, but I am not sure about their value for Near ecosystem.

I’m not in support of this proposal due to the age range of the targeted participants. HOWEVER, I did want to respond to the pervasive thoughts around entertainment events. It is ONE thing if someone is new to the NEAR ecosystem AND doesn’t have experience. Producing large events, if done correctly, can help to build rapport within communities, amplify the work that we are collectively and individually doing in this ecosystem, build pipelines to onboard people vs the current, very shortsighted methods which are offloading people into the ecosystem but not necessarily inviting people in to become active participants; etc. These types of events can also have much more impact. Onboarding IS a JOURNEY and one that should start with an invitation and brand/ecosystem recognition before making asks. This is marketing 101. As someone who co-produces tons of events, projects, and onboarding initiatives this has been my experience. It is necessary to experiment and push forth a plethora of onboarding methodologies including producing and supporting entertainment events. They are effective when done RIGHT.

3 Likes

Dear , @Sholaspark looking forward to your response. Thanks

dacha thank you . And thanks to everyone for your kind responses.

Although, its sad that no opportunity was given to see if something could be done about the age bracket, because, I am fully aware that only adults from 18years of age can be onboarded and onboarding was only going to be introduced and carried out with youths attending the event. (I did say introduction of NEAR to 1 million youths NOT teenagers)

… Teenagers at the venue on the said date are only to attend the concert and discuss on issues that they may face within their peers along with brief introduction to web designing, graphics etc @ their own teenagers forum created for them.

After all, only 18 year Olds and above in the community here have phones and email addresses.

But, like I said, the event has been set to happen since January, structures have been put in place, promotion just kicked off and by 30th of April, debut event will hold.

I only thought to introduce this project to the NEAR eco system and bring the NF onboard because of the possibilities I’m seeing.
I have thousands of youths here who are creative in almost every field… This would have been the best place for them to explore their creativity…

Nevertheless, I have removed the proposal from marketing Dao and will move to delete it Shortly. Maybe I’ll reintroduce it sometime later to another Dao, probably when proof of results & achievemets of coming events have come in. Maybe.

But then,
I noticed a few commenting how me being new to the community poses a challenge/problem to proposing a once in a life time opportunity for global impact… being new to the community doesn’t make me any less of an influencer that I am. I think I’ve learnt quite a lot but I don’t even have to know everything about NEAR just to be able to see potential for digital revolution and decide what’s best for my people.
Anyways,

Thanks again everyone.
@Dacha @NatalieCrue @vanny16 @REK @david_NEAR @igbozeisrael @mr_free @so608 @satojandro @marketingdao-council

4 Likes

Hello Sir!
I would want you to know that this is one of the major reasons why this proposal wasn’t approved. It’s a decision made by NF regarding underage due to so many reasons.

I will advice that this proposal is left here for reference purpose.

You being new here wasn’t the primary challenge. For those whome are new, it is only adviced that they begin with a small budget, such that after the said event, metrix to measure success can be looked at.

My advice here is that you shouldn’t feel in any way that you are rejected from the forum. I know you have greate ideas and ways to onboard youths into the exosystem. I would say; you could come up with another proposal when your audience will be purely +18. Believe me that your proposal will be aproved and you will be given the RIGHT HAND OF FELLOWSHIP to carry on with work.

1 Like