[proposal] abigail

PROJECT: DEVELOPING THE SCRIPT TO THE FEATURE FILM “ABIGAIL”
Proponent: @gustavovinagre

NEAR account for payment: gustavovinagre.near

Request for DAO Infiltration Films @filmesdeinfiltracao

“Abigail” is an 80-minute fiction feature film directed by Gustavo Vinagre, Teddy Award-winning director for best film at the Berlinale 2022. Gustavo and his company have experience producing low-budget films, with successful careers in important film festivals and also in the commercial circuit. Gustavo has directed 7 feature films and 14 short films.

As in most films directed and written by Gustavo, “Abigail” starts from a simple premise, a single location and few characters (this contention allows the film to be made with a very low budget). A pansexual woman (Babi) kidnaps a gay man (Rick), with whom she talks on a make-out app where she pretends to be a man, luring him to her apartment. Babi is horny in the way gay men relate, and wants to be desired by one of them. Rick gets involved in all the attention he receives from Babi, and they start a game of cat and mouse to define how they will both take pleasure in this unusual relationship, in a sexy and fun discussion about gender roles and sexual orientations. The film also features the character Bella, a PCD dominatrix (person with a disability), called to intermediate the game, and Alf, a young pet play who will play a key role in the end of the story.

By touching on delicate themes of human sexuality, and often showing and talking about sex in his films, Gustavo rarely obtains film funds to produce. Therefore, it is essential that the film be financed here, so that it can exist without having to go through the moral sieve of official Brazilian cinema channels, even more so in the face of the current extremely conservative - not to say fascist - situation of politics in the country.

We ask here for 1.000 DAI, which will be used for the development of the script - we already have a 10-page treatment, which needs to be deepened, investigated and dialogued - and for the work of improvisation with the actors, through which the writing will be fed/ inspired.

We will have NFT tickets to a secret link to the film, when its ready. And we will have trailer versions in NFT.

BUDGET:
Actors (for improvisation from situations already written in the treatment to then develop it in the script) - 200 DAI for each of the two main actors (total 400 DAI)
Script writing - 500 DAI
Food and transportation expenses - 100 DAI

5 Likes

I just love this project and I’m crazy for being part of it!!! <3 <3 <3

2 Likes

Gustavo is a genius. I know he doesn’t think he is one, but I can.

2 Likes

Hi @gustavovinagre,

Can you link to the film or anywhere we can access them?

Is there any connection with NEAR in this proposal? Thank you!

2 Likes

Dear William, I don´t have a link to the film yet, since the proposal is to make the film. But I’d love to show you as soon as it is ready.

I have/had 3 of my latest film showing at MUBI, which is a very nice streaming for films.

As far as the connection with Near, is having Near helping producing good independent art, and having Near´s logo on the credits. My films travel to several important art circuits, spreading the name of Near where it travels.

We will also have NFT tickets to a secret link to the film, when its ready. And we will have trailer versions in NFT.

5 Likes

Dear @williamx

Thank you for your curiosity on Vinagre’s films. I really recommend to watch all of them. Important and political thematics are discussed over there.
Also, Gustavo won many awards with his films, and with these awards he could make other films, so he was able until now to survive making art through investing in art.
I just can say that would be a pleasure having him spreading Near Ecosystem word around the world and we should be honored with this.

Also, As I said in other proposals, in FILMES DE INFILTRAÇÃO DAO the idea is to create a bridge between Near Ecosystem, web3 and film industry/physical world.

Our projects they have this characteristic intrinsically.
The people that propose here, in general they want to be more and more part of the ecosystem, and so, giving a first step is necessary to “blockchains”.

I also invite you to take a look at the great movement that DCP is making in the crypto ecosystem by focusing on cinema. Their discord is extremely active, as is their governance forum.
https://app.decentralized.pictures/

What we want to do in Near ecosystem have some inspirations from other ecosystems.

And here is our response in our General DAO’s proposal

I hope you can take a look on it.
Best

3 Likes

Some links about Vinagre’s films and Awards to help the research :slight_smile:

https://bampfa.org/object/i-remember-crows

4 Likes