The current Creatives DAO Moderators (@ted.iv, @monish016, @FritzWorm, @adrianseneca and @hevertonharieno) are opening up new moderator positions expanding the current team from 5 to 10!
We were technically meant to open this call last month in accordance to the outlines given to us by the former moderators but lost track of time with the influx of workload.
OPEN CALL FOR THE COUNCIL OF THE CREATIVES DAO - 5 Positions.
How do I qualify for a Moderator position?
- you or a DAO you are part of have proposed a minimum of 2 successful proposals to the Creatives AstroDAO or to another Vertical’s AstroDAO;
- you have experience as a Council of a DAO;
- you have actively engaged in the Creative Guild Leader Telegram Chat and here on the Governance Forum in the Creatives category;
- you are serious and dedicated to cultivating a self sustainable future for the Creatives DAO
Then you are eligible for a Creatives DAO Moderator position!
Other criteria to be taken into account:
- Diversity of backgrounds (we aim to represent the community as much as possible, therefore diversity will be taken into account);
- Stats gallery;
- Compliance with etiquette rules
Reply to this thread to state your interest with a bit about yourself, your Telegram handle, and the activities you’ve undertaken in the NEAR creative community so far.
Please submit your interest in being considered for one of the 5 Moderator spots we are opening on the Creatives DAO by Saturday, May 28th at 5pm EST.
After Saturday the 28th, we will assess the candidacy of each of the individuals who have replied on this thread and will [Approve] the 5 most engaged creative community members to post a poll on astrodao to join as moderators.
As soon as June 1st, we hope to have the new Moderator team formed. At the end of July, current members will begin to rotate out depending on the needs of the current project, and by August the new Moderators team is expected to publish an Open Call to increase the number of members to 9 in September.
These new Moderators can then expect to:
- Help guide the future of Creative DAO by hosting community conversations specific to this topic, gathering/organizing community voices, delegating tasks within the community to achieve our deadlines, contributing to a proposal document, and a 6mo-1yr roadmap
- Create Polls for all council members to be able to vote;
- Vote internally on proposals and respect voting deadlines (7th of each month)
- Make sure Guidelines are being followed;
- When necessary, engage with proposals off chain (directly in the Forum), specifically if a proposal has not passed; passed proposals might not need off chain communication;
- Be open to off chain communication when that is requested by the community;
- Respond to and engage with all prospective creative community leaders posting their introductory posts on the Forum to help welcome and direct them to the Creative Guild Leaders Telegram chat & the Creatives DAO Discord server;
- Engage with the creative community leaders in the Creative Guild Leaders Telegram chat - no one is expecting everyone to have the answers but if you have insights, information, or resources to share we’ll be looking to you to help our leaders trouble-shoot, brainstorm, and connect with one another;
- Attend and host weekly Creative Leaders meetups (traditionally held on Mondays at 5-6pm EST but always subject to change dates and times) to help foster the NEAR Creative Community;
For this, we will offer these 5 new Moderators, 250 NEAR monthly moving forward for as long as they choose to remain as active contributing members of the council. Council members will not sit on the Moderation team for more than 6 months. Current Moderators members will sit on the council until end of July, to guarantee a smooth transition.
If the above sounds feasible and exciting to you, register your desire to join the Moderation team below now!
Roadmap for turnout
A few expectations and rules for the Creatives DAO moderators to follow in order to increase transparency and decentralization:
- A solid first draft proposal/road map for the Creative DAO future completed by July 1st which will be passed on to new moderators to lead
- Moderators members stay in their role for ideally 6 months (2 periods of 3 months).
- The suggested turnout system is as follows:
- The number of Moderators members should be 9 (this will happen on the Open Call of May).
- Moderators members can stay on as moderators for two periods of 3 months.
- They enter by replying to an Open Call, and 3 months later they have to organize and publish an Open Call.
- Moderators members on the role for 6 months rotate out, and new moderators rotate in.
- There should be at least 9 moderators at all times. The only exception is this transition period, because otherwise a group of new Moderation members would stay on the role for only 3 months. If a Moderators drops out by their own choice, it should be replaced by an Open Call.
- In practical terms, the current Moderators will remain in functions just until the new Council Members are adapted to the role they are expected to perform. July 31st will mark the exit of current Moderators. By the end of August, the existing Moderators (5) will add 4 more. Three months later, a new Open Call is created and the 5 Moderators with 6 months on the role will rotate out, the 4 Moderators with 3 months on the role will continue, and 5 more Moderators will be added.
- This process will then be repeated, until the community finds better ways to manage turnout (i.e. transparency and decentralization).
We are looking forward to expanding our team with you!