Ocean & Coral Awareness NFTs

Project Name: Ocean & Coral Awareness NFTs

Project Member: Aakash

Coral reefs are one of the most important and diverse ecosystems on Earth. They are home to a quarter of all marine life, and they provide critical habitat for fish and other sea creatures. Reefs also help protect coastlines from erosion, and they play a vital role in the global economy.

But unfortunately, coral reefs are in decline due to various threats, including climate change, ocean acidification, and pollution. If we don’t take action now, we could lose these valuable ecosystems forever.

So to increase the awareness of this invisible ecosystem that plays a vital part in our environment I’m planning to create an NFT collection with pictures taken from the Indian Ocean.

Why the Indian Ocean?

The Indian Ocean is one of the most biologically diverse bodies of water on Earth. The ocean’s coral reefs and estuaries support more than 1,600 species of fish and 4,000 species of invertebrates. These creatures are critical to the food web, providing sustenance for larger predators and other marine life. The Indian Ocean also boasts a vibrant and diverse ecosystem of whales, dolphins, sharks, and other marine mammals. The visibility of marine life due to pristine clear waters makes it a preferred choice for all the marine photographers & divers.

As a part of this effort, I’d like to visit deep in the ocean and click pictures that are not easily visible from the shores. But these efforts are expensive & I couldn’t afford them without any support.

I will also click pictures of how solid & plastic waste is harming the ocean & other water bodies. The amount made by selling these NFTs would directly go to NGOs such as Wildlife Conservation Society & ReefWatch.

I would like to first try this once from the KalakendraDAOs support, but I’d like to create a separate DAO to continue this effort in the coming months.

Requested Funding:

Rent for GoPro: $100

Diving equipment rent & Diving fees: $600

Mintbase store: 7.5N = $50

Minting in store: $50

Total funding: $800

3 Likes

Love this.
My backyard :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Aratuba, Vera Cruz de Itaparica, Bahia, Brasil
https://g.co/kgs/ppYCL5

:heart:
L.

1 Like

The Ocean & Coral awareness dive was a success, with many pictures & videos captured to help raise more awareness about the NFTs.

The dive has been performed with the help of the PADI Certified Instructors at the Ritchie’s Archipelago which is a cluster of smaller islands in the Andaman Islands.
The video & photos are captured by renting a GoPro. Here are some of the pictures:

I am in the process of creating an AstroDAO integrated Mintbase store with the support of KalakendraDAO and all the NFTs minted will be through AstroDAO in a week.

1 Like