NxM Membership Badge application

Good Evening NxM Family! I hope this post finds you all in great spirits.

My name is MVNSA I’m a musical artist, producer, and creative director from Niger that grew up in Tanzania. I am based in Niger but travel to Tanzania often as well. I am a member of the African NFT community, a member of Music Machines community, and the founder of the Africa FM community.

I heard about the NxM DAO via Natalie alongside and the rest of the Africa FM community. I’m looking forward to my journey with the NxM guild and family! I am posting this message to introduce myself and to request a membership badge. My NEAR wallet address is mvnsa.near

Best regards,
MVNSA

@monish016 @williamx

3 Likes

Hi @MVNSA, thank you for the proposal.

Do you mind add more details according to this guidelines?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey @williamx I hope you’re doing well!
Thank you for your reply.

As requested here is my proposal with the necessary details according to the guideline.

Name: Mvnsa.near

I Initially started making music in high school whilst in Tanzania. My friends and I had started a rap collective called HTBX, as time passed my passion for music truly developed and lead me to pursuing a degree in sound engineering in Cape Town, South Africa. After graduating I moved back to Niger. I built my own home studio and commenced working on my debut E.P. titled Name Me Mansa which was accompanied by a music video displaying the beautiful culture and scenery in Niger. I released this project during high political tensions in the country and the government had cut off the internet for 2 weeks the day of my release. This made promoting the project online challenging so for those two weeks I mostly focused on local promotion. During this period I realised that there was a lack of structure, professionalism, and support in the music industry in Niger. This experience made me realise that I need to not only be successful locally but I need to be the first artist from my country to find success on an international level to put us on the map and eventually create an infrastructure and opportunities for the talent in Niger. It was around this time that I also came across web3, the NFT space and decided to attempt minting my genesis piece which was a Music video series titled ‘Timbuktu vol.1”. Once the piece was collected I understood that web3 is a space I could use to help fund my own career but also educate my peers from across the African continent so they can also build within the space and make the revenue to aid them in accomplishing their goals. This lead to the creation of the Africa FM community where we educate and support each other.

I joined NxM earlier on this week due to Natalie (one of our Africa FM members) mentioning it to us a few weeks ago. NxM is the first NEAR ecosystem community that i have joined but will definitely not be the last. As an independent artist I do own all the links to my music and my work.

You can find links to my work on this link tree link below:

2 Likes

Hello @MVNSA, thank you for the added information & welcome to NxM. Happy to announce that your application is approved and the NxM badge will be sent to you soon! Also, please propose to add yourself as a member on NxM Astro DAO attaching this forum link!

1 Like

Hey @williamx thank you so much! I added myself via the link on the Astro DAO as well!:pray:t6: