NEARxPublish DAO Introduction

Thanks @chronear! Setting up a meeting with @jlwaugh and the team now. NEAR MEET is focusing on exactly the type of in-person and virtual onboarding experiences we are planning on having.

Here is just a sneak peek of some of the samples we are creating with NEARNAUTS:

5 Likes

This definitely looks promising

2 Likes

We’ve just launched our preliminary website at nearxpublish.com

Feel free to have a look, we will be adding to it over time.

5 Likes

The website is really bad…
On a laptop, it’s just a big mess like a flashy 90’s website. I get that it’s designed for a cell phone and browser layout is secondary… but not very user-friendly.

There’s a ton of errors in the developer tools… maybe the desktop version is still buggy?

2 Likes

This is a very interesting idea… Looking forward to your evolution and growth in the community…:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Appreciate the feedback :slight_smile:
This is just what we have in place at the moment until we upgrade. This was never intended to be the end product. Look forward to your future support as we continue to grow.

4 Likes

Definitely… Pumped for you guys :fire::muscle:t5:

1 Like

Very interesting! We are thinking in bringing a dao of philosophers here, and we would need a publishing house! Lovely idea!

4 Likes

I’m really happy to found this, pals!

I’m a brazilian poet, indie publisher & artist-etc. and my main interest on blockchain universe is found ways to mix print and digital publications, using NFT possibilities to explore more than just minted PDFs — which is just what I did with my latest published book.

I have experience on almost all editorial process stages, from editing and layout to cover art and printing, and I’ll be glad to engage, research and build this with you!

You can check some of my publishing works here.

4 Likes

Friends from NearxPublish, I have some publishing projects, and I would love to know if there is a possibility to get funding through NEARxPublish DAO. I am working with more than 40 PhD Philosophers in a project partially funded by John Templeton Foundation (16 from the 40 books were funded, but 24 are not yet). I would love to get funding for the non-funded books. Is it possible? Can I submit a project?

Another question: are you open to new members? I am a PhD Philosopher and university professor with around 10 published books on academic philosophy, more than 25 academic papers. I am also a great friend of an academic publisher on Brazil, from the Federal University of Pelotas. A friend and I were thinking about open a near publisher when we got in touch with you, and @tabear told us that could be good talking to you.

@Samtoshi_F_Baby

Kind regards!

My Academic CV: http://lattes.cnpq.br/0847832636263404

3 Likes

already joined your group lol hopefully we can work together soon!

1 Like

Oh, that is so awesome. Let me show you some of the things we’ve been working:

We have 20 books, more than 23,000 downloads, and for 16 of the books, we got funding from John Templeton Foundation (but this project is coming to an end):

https://www.templeton.org/grant/serie-investigacao-filosofica-improving-knowledge-and-philosophical-competences-of-brazilian-researchers-and-students

I am also working on NEAR Alexandria, the largest near and academic library from metaverse, that we want to expand for beyond academic, but also literature, comics and other topics. Check this out:

This is NEAR Alexandria’s store on mintbase:

And NEAR Alexandria’s voxels wearable store on opensea:

https://opensea.io/collection/near-alexandria-library

2 Likes

Hi. i’m the member of UnitedBelarusDAO, D-layer, and as an artist making a huge “Library of the Analog World” (L.A.W) project, so we are interesting of cooperate with you in the near future. What you think?

2 Likes

I think it is pretty cool! Always opened to partnerships. Would you tell me more about your project? I am super curious.

2 Likes

Yes, i will tell you more a little bit later, just need to go back to my computer, now i’m out of town. Stay tuned

1 Like

OK, so:
Hereyou can read about D-layer
Hereyou can read about project that start to build Library of the Analog World (L.A.W)
Here the second part of it.
But i need to say that anaREC is just an experiment with the L.A.W sounds. The library itself i see filed with raw sounds from the recorder.

1 Like

Cool. If you want it, we could produce 3d discs for using on metaverse, link the NEAR NFT and place it in our library on metaverse. It would be nice to have your production as an object of our library.

2 Likes

sorry for delayed answer, too much work for this summer in other projects.
GOOOD idea…What you need from us to do that?

1 Like

I need the 3d objects (vox models) to put them in-world, inside the library. So you could produce them (on Magica Voxel) and give them to me, to put in the library, with no costs. Near Alexandria has an open collection where people can submit books for free to be minted as wearables.

Or I could make them for you, by submitting a project for the dao where an artist from my team produces these 3D objects from your assets, and I could mint a render from these 3d objects as NEAR NFT, and mint the wearable, with the appropriate description, to use it in-world, inside the library, and send them to your DAO and to the library. The library is open, so we can receive all kinds of books, discs and other collectibles from NEAR to put there.

1 Like

Ok… It is better you will do that models in the voxel)) I will contact you soon, need to ask in the community. Thanks

1 Like