[Closed] NEAR onboarding through freestyle and rap battle event

Hello,

My name is Yem-swagz, i have been an enthusiast of crypto for quite a while trading bitcoins and keeping tabs with the evolution of the technology. Alongside my crypto trading, i am arapper and a freestyle improviser. I am honestly amazed by what the NEAR Blockchain is doing so far with cheap minting fees for NFTs and also supporting creators, its amazing and signals the new dawn of the creator economy

I would like to host an onboarding event where i get to tell my fellow colleagues and audience of our freestyle and improvisations gatherings about the NEAR blockchain and make them see reason to use the technology. I intend to do this by hosting an independent freestyle battle event alongside the onboarding process as a means to educate the audience while entertaining them at the same time. This would aid the event to have an alluring appeal and gloss overall.

This is how i intend to carry out the event.

1. Book the venue of the event

2. Create awareness through flyers and souvenirs and a local radio

3. Contract a DJ

4. Make provision for refreshments to serve the expected audience

5. Incentivize the participating freestyle rappers for the event

6. Execute the event

There is going to be a reward for the winner of the freestyle battle event and also a token reward for the most crypto savvy individual in the audience. This individual would be selected according to how much pre existing knowledge they have about crypto.

A breakdown of the budget, sorry y’all am not really good at this.

Venue: Bogobiri, an event center that doubles as an art gallery, has been a place for the hosting of previous freestyle battle event. Suitabe for drawing audience… I would be onboarding the manager of the venue and make sure he recieves NEAR tokens as payment

$300 for five hours

Flyers and souvenirs plus NEAR logo on venue wall. I would print at least 50 copies each of the event flyer plus the NEAR Banner and logos

$100

DJ leroy to play at the event, scratching beats and queuing each battle rapper’s sequence. Dj leroy would also balance the sound for the NEAR education and audience interaction. I would also make sure he is paid in NEAR

$200

Snacks, red cups and prepped cocktail for audience. We would have 5 bottles of AFFORDABLE COGNAC mixed with fruit juice to ration for audience expected
$200

6 battle rappers including myself
, as a token to motivate them for participation. $50 x 6
$300

Reward for two most savvy crypto individuals
$20 X 5 $100

My reward for organizing and hosting
$100

Total: $1300

I look forward to the response of the bosses, Please help me feed my ever burning crypto enrgy and excitement of being on the NEAR blockchain

@Swagz20 on instagram

2 Likes

Good evening, could you please share information about your previous events/ works for Near? Thank You

2 Likes

Thank you dacha for your response, i’m a contributing member of the illumina Dao proposing philosophical thesis being a philosophy major myself. The community is still picking up as regards waiting for a funding round to fully iterate…

I want to contribute artistically and technologically also,being a freestyle rapper I want to honestly help NEAR expand in my little quota…

I know I have not done much but I have to start somewhere. @Swagz20 my handle on Instagram please follow for more pics ans videos.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. More than half of the activities, in my opinion, are out of Marketing DAO’s scope. So, I’m suggesting requesting a grant from Creative DAO.

1 Like

Yeah thanks @Dacha i appreciate that but I think it will be a fit for marketing since i am onboarding both freestyle rappers and audience…

I think it sounds like a fun time but it doesn’t bring as much value to Near as seen through other funded projects. It’s a no from me.

3 Likes

Very little to no connection between the proposed activity and NEAR.

I can’t support this proposal.

1 Like