What is Europe-Africa Blockchain Developer’s Call (E-ABDC)?
Europe-Africa Blockchain Developer’s Call was launched to fill the existing void, providing a straight gateway to the much needed “Digital Transformation” in Africa and Digital Jobs creation as marked by the Europe Africa Partnership and agenda of the African Union. By 2065. It’s powered with existing partnership with African Universities, Tech Hubs, Tech Association, Institutions among others towards achieving the goal of multiplying the existing decentralized digital solution startups.
Event and Bootcamp is strictly virtual, with real local participation and team bonding at partner hubs across several countries. Developers and applicants will be trained on different curriculums such as; Blockchain basics, Blockchain for Lawyers and Entrepreneurs, Blockchain for Developers focused on Four (4) different Blockchain Platforms. Dev trainees will then team up, develop projects and pitch in the final months and launch into the market as startup.
With E-ABDC (ABDC Series II), we are embarking on a mission to develop the next level of blockchain developers, startups (solid team) and solutions across Africa and Europe with real-life and demanded applications. It is a two fold program comprising a 3-month week days bootcamp and 12 weekends of blockchain events featuring several experts in the space. We want you to have a piece of it.
E-ABDC program process in summary:
- Opening platform (www.abdcseries.com) for registration.
- Screening and selection in joint collaboration with the partners and hubs.
- Commence blockchain education and developer’s training and weekend events. (Month 1)
- Ideation, Mentoring, Team Building and Bonding with continuous training and events (Month 2)
- Incubation, Acceleration, Project development with Partial training and events (Month 3)
- Conclusion, Pitch and Startup launch.
Date has been adjusted to allow adequate participation. Event runs for 3 months basics, with additional one month for pre and post preparations.
Registration: 26th of July
Open Day Conference: 7th of August
Registration closes: 9th of August
Bootcamp begins 9th of August.
Bootcamp ends: 9th of November
Pitch Days: 11th, 12th and 13th, November.
Supporting documents: E-ABDC supporting documents - Google Drive
- Africa Blockchain Institute
- Coin News Extra
- Decentralize Africa
- Mauritius Fintech Hub.
- Fintech Nigeria Association
- Ellipsis Digital Hub, Tanzania
- Ennovate Hub, Tanzania
- Pesabase, Kenya etc.
- 400 trained African developers
- 30 different blockchain startups from the bootcamp
- Over 1000 weekend attendees/audiences.
- +10k newly formed blockchain community on Telegram, Newsletter, Emails and others.
Value Proposition for NEAR:
- We will develop a pan-African community of enthusiasts and developers for Near to be activated in the 2nd month of the event.
- Minimum of 7-10 solutions will be deployed for real life application on Near with an existing community on it.
- From the deployed solutions, at least three (3) fully funded startups are expected to launch from provided grants, while they would all be open for VC funding during “The Pitch.”
- Speaker’s slot, platform presentation and dialogue with the stakeholders in the public and private sectors.
- Platform being boldly represented in the post event reports, to be shared with all the contacts and attendees.
- Logo being present in subsequent Newsletters for continuous marketing and publicity etc.
Fund requirement: 76,500 USD in Token
Program Gold Sponsorship (Discounted): 25,000
5000 USD Startup grant for 10 Best startups on Near: 50,000 (Subject to reduction)
Training Facilitator (500 monthly): 1500
- Milestone one (To be paid before commencement): 26,500 USD Program sponsorship
- Milestone II (To be paid in the 3rd month of event) 50, 000 USD.
Adedayo Adebajo (CEO, Co-Founder): Managing Director Jelurida Africa;
**adedayo@abdcseries (dot) com **
Roselyne Wanjiru (Co-Founder): Director, Growth and User Acquisition Pesabase
roselynewnjr@gmail (dot) com
Kayode Babarinde (Co-Founder): Executive Director, Africa Blockchain Institute:
kayode@africablockchain (dot) institute
General Enquiries: [info@abdcseries (dot) com]
website: www (dot) abdcseries (dot) com