NEAR Digital Collective Steward - Blaze for Consideration and Vote

2 Likes

This role and initiative are of such importance to the community that I would transition the oversight of Cheddar to any of my coFounders, the Cheddar DAO board, or active community members that would step forward to take care of Cheddy and the farm. As you know, Cheddar has a mission to help onboard the next 1 Billion users, so they would need to be qualified and driven candidates with experience in running projects.

3 Likes

Blaze did a great job of joining the Near community before the mainnet even went live, and I totally understand everyone who voted for him.

However, I don’t think that voting with a single candidate has the right to exist in such a large community as Near. I cannot believe that there are no other worthy candidates who would make such elections more legitimate.

I sincerely believe that the decision will not be made, considering only the current vote.

15 Likes

Hi, I suggested a debate, how do you feel about it? then we’ll make a list and have a debate! We have a very large community and lots of people who work hard for it and improve it.

2 Likes

I agree with a debate and more candidates to come forward. This is an ecosystem wide initiative. The good news is we are getting good exposure through this process.

Can you take the lead on defining a candidate propsal template for the forum with necessary requirements and scheduling and organizing debates as you already are.? 1​:relieved:

Here is what I shared on Discord:

If you put your name forward to be a lead of a workgroup. Please do the following:

1. Post a governance forum post for your consideration of the workgroup role

Title: NEAR Digital Collective - - for Consideration and Vote

Tags: near-digital-collect, ndc, proposal, vot

1. Share your governance forum post on the original post and ask for the communities consideration
2 Likes

Hi Blaze, is this for me? I certainly have ideas about the candidate profile (just posted here some thoughts – NDC Marketing Lead - Opportunities and Improvements (Marketing DAO) - #4 by sarahkornfeld).

Lovely to connect,
Sarah

2 Likes

Ah, there was an additional reference in the link, updated. In any case, that was a great introduction and back story to your credentials. Look forward to your participation!

Zavodil, I agree. Surely there have to be more candidates.

Yes, that was me)))))

1 Like

Thanks much, Blaze. Looking forward to getting to know you!

2 Likes

Yes, sorry the proper reply did not go through. Please continue and help us shape the governance forum around this initiative.

Hi all!
@blaze @Dacha
Looking at your stormy discussion and promotion of your candidate, I come to the idea that you have become bored.The ecosystem has DAO and consuls with the right to vote, a forum for transparency and discussion, a white newspaper and etiquette to comply with the rules.Does the community have a problem to resort to such changes with the election of the president? Co-founders are striving for decentralization and WEB 3.0, and you are trying to centralize the community with your candidate. Your example may be reflected in other projects and Near channels, where they will also begin to choose the main person who will dictate their rules and help those who voted for him. After the elections, the opposition may appear.At the moment, some members of the community are crossing the acceptable limits of etiquette. You sow enmity between the participants and split the unity. Be wiser.
Thx :blush:

3 Likes

You hit my point already.

With the whole voting on Discord and or forum, I suggest this voting be taken to AstroDAO and then we can have real voting without exchange of words.
@blaze, since you have been handling this, I think it could be a great idea.

1 Like

@blaze Thanks for pushing it forward! Here are my thoughts:

You can not have a “fair/real” voting system unless private voting is available. Last I checked, all votes on AstroDAO are public and susceptible to payouts, blackmail, and other forms of corruption. But I do agree that discord, telegram, and forums are just as bad.

As others have said, it is simply too early to have these high stake votes, and one should adjust the wording and goals of a vote/poll to reflect this; a way to get a feel of what the community thinks, nothing more.

But I’m just a random forum troll, so feel free to ignore me and follow those looking for power, riches, and fame err; I mean to lead you into a better world by paving the road with the best of intentions.

1 Like

You are right with this.
…and I was just suggesting an Astro as an option.

This isn’t necessary tbh. Everyone wants to contribute to the ecosystem in an area they feel is right and best fit for their capabilities. This is so because they want things to be handles in the right way.
If you see it as being power drunk, that’s your view and I can’t tag you to be wrong.

Above all, we all build the NEAR ecosystem together.

Thanks, thanks

Once again, thanks for taking the time to explain in detail, to anonymous accounts on the forum who seem determined to do little to no research and then dump all their questions here from their superior moral ground.

Few things I find noteworthy from this thread so far:

• Active community members posting well thought out and detailed reasons on why they support this proposal
  • Anonymous accounts posting poorly drafted, short and seemingly passionate responses in opposition without any substance
  • The only other proposed candidate - Dacha - is not actually contesting the position and we have agreed that both Blaze and Dacha should collaborate in the best way they see possible to ensure this initiative is a success.

While I am a big proponent of anonymity, particularly in instances when you may want to speak truth to power and fear there may be negative repercussions against you. However, it has to be said that most ‘anonymous’ players on the governance forum have a very simplistic, chaotic agenda (Forum admins can see your IP addresses, among other things…)

Of course I support on-chain voting, but we also have to be pragmatic as to the infrastructure we have available now and the timeline for the changes.

9 Likes

I vouch for @blaze .
Maybe he is not that active on forums, or chats, but he is definitely at the core of the NEAR ecosystem and with a full heart providing support and dedicated to the growth of the ecosystem. He has great ideas and plans and working hard with various core protocols. Not talking… working hard.

I wish you the best @blaze , and please don’t look at some of the trolling messages here. Be above that.

5 Likes

I’m 1000% for @blaze.

He work with all the ecosystem of NEAR blockchain since many years. I worked with him, he can definitively be the NDC President.
He lead OpenShardAlliance, take part in Onboarding new validators on mainnet, now working on StakeWars, etc.

He is good in communication, technical knowledge, i’m sure he can take the lead on this main subject which is NDC !

5 Likes

I vote 100% for @blaze, since the mainnet release he has been a great community leader and validator support. I don’t see the best candidate out there. Good luck Henry.

4 Likes