NEAR Digital Collective Steward - Blaze for Consideration and Vote

IMO both are good in their own aspect.
As there are more categories which everyone has a role to play as a lead.
They’re marketing categories under the NDC, governance framework and community engagement.
We all can fit in here with a vote. Since @satojandro has worked with @blaze and can testify he’s a core community builder of near and so far he has been working hard to make this happen(NDC project) we can set several pools for several categories so community members can vote.
IMO @Dacha is good and very active when it comes to transparency and marketing so we can work as a team to meet up this good to a success than trying to make an argument.
We’re one blockchain we should work as one :point_up: and everyone achieve same goal. That’s success

Not been active on forum is not an excuse of @blaze not been a rep for NDC as I know many near core team and near foundations teams are also not active here on forum.
So let’s consider to work as 1 to achieve this goal together for this is for our own benefit.

7 Likes

Agree with all of this AVB @satojandro (& @psalmy)

@blaze & @dacha are both strong candidates with different skills & experience…and it would be great to have both at the heart of this.

10 Likes

Voted for you ser,lfgggggg

2 Likes

Leading, running, and coordinating an endeavour as complex as this requires someone who has demonstrated the ability to ideate, initiate, execute, and adapt. Blaze has done all of that several times over with OSA, Cheddar, and others. Blaze has been here since the beginning and that in itself brings with it a level of experience/knowledge and context of the many experiments around governance that have been tried in the past with their successes/failures that will undoubtedly serve to shape direction and avoid repeating the same mistakes in the future.

He is highly connected and respected in the wider NEAR community. He is a reasonable, conscientious and honest person who we would be lucky to have at the helm of this initiative to get things started, supported by others in the community/ecosystem who can complement his skillset and leadership style to take this initiative forward in the best manner possible.

Whether you’ve been privy to what he’s been doing in support of the ecosystem or not, he has been an instrumental component of the growth of NEAR, is fiercely loyal and dedicated to NEAR’s success and if he’s offering his valuable time/expertise to take this on, we’d be crazy not to capitalize on it.

Blaze will build a respected and respectful team that we can be proud to associate with/showcase as a governance model to other communities. He will bring this to fruition - I have no doubts and he has my endorsement/full support - as he should yours.

11 Likes

I personally support anyone who intends to develop the NEAR ecosystem to a better level, Happy to see so many people here who care about NEAR! :blush:

Whether we know them well or not, they are active or not, it’s only a matter of time. We can review their performance after this~

Cheers!

6 Likes

Good morning everyone. I believe we need to follow the road map:

The next step is a draft of the Constitution, so our community can review it and give feedback here on the government forum.

Then all other frameworks, and finally, we can run the community voting process on chain.

I’m not sure that the voting on the forum is legit and looks ridiculous sometimes. To Shitzu fan group members: feel free to create a new proposal for Marketing DAO. Thanks

Let me share all related to NDC project groups:

13 Likes

You aren’t the only community you know right

2 Likes

Spoken facts as always
I always like reading your replies

1 Like

You must be new to NEAR. Cheddar was basically the first staking dapp to hit Near. Although not the most recognized in the community, Cheddar has always shipped and has been for 2 years now.

3 Likes

I’m new to NEAR, but I can see token price history. And that is not just about "market conditions "

Agree with @Dacha, voting here and such pr move looks kinda ridiculous. Let the facts speak for all the candidates and community decide.

2 Likes

Thanks for putting foward this proposal! But I think being president is a very important thing and takes time to consider. We need to evaluate a lot of different aspects. It is different from choosing a team leader to lead a foreign event, team building. So while it’s very encouraging of your self-nomination, I think we need to make it more professional.

7 Likes

Glad to have Blaze helping drive forward this very important community initiative :dizzy:

6 Likes

This is not intended as a PR stunt. @Dacha made mention in Discord that there was no bio or official governance forum post for voting on workgroup leads and other roles in the NDC. This post is to fall in line with that feedback. Other candidates can feel free to come forward and present their considerations as well.

In the meantime, I pledge to continue to lead and move this initiative forward by reaching out to anyone interested in joining, clarifying direction and needs, and finding folks that want to take action and deliver. Thank you for your feedback.

4 Likes

@blaze :point_up_2:

It looks like people who got reach on nf grants and have never been involved in near community life want to take over an independent decentralized community in their hands.

Mr Cheddar Neko Ponzi President

Is a great person for President of Near Community ?

“”Feed the Ponzi”?

Other questions to NF:

• Did anybody ask the community before implementing the changes?

• Do we need the changes?

• Who from Near Foundation made the ULTIMATE TOTALITARIAN DICTATORIAL DECISION?

• WHERE IS A POLL?

Unusual bots activity.

3 Likes

Based on my experience working with @Blaze in the community and on a few boards across the ecosystem, I could vouch that Blaze provided a voice of reason and a positive presence on the boards and helped us make decisions that balanced prudence and practicality.

For NDC, I’d like to see a President that knows when to take charge, when to partner, and when to stay out of the way while providing a guiding hand on steering the initiative. I think the best person that I saw coming forward is Blaze. I welcome other candidates to put their hands up and for the community to take time to consider.

For an initiative as complex as this, it takes a village and we need a deep bench with members with complimentary set of skills. Rather than going for A vs not A, it is better to consider what it would take to build a well-rounded leadership team.

7 Likes

Wow, This is wonderful!

My vote is a big YES​:+1:

@johanga @Plufix @chotilal @zubairansari07 Guys, I’m not opposing proposing @Dacha for this election, but before that, you have to understand for what role this voting is ongoing and need to understand more context. I firmly accept that @Dacha is contributing considerably to the communtiy vertical. Still, this election is related to NEAR Digital Collective, where @blaze might be the right person because if you can’t see someone’s contribution in public, which doesn’t mean that the person is inoperable.

@blaze is a person who is active in taking care of the backbone of the NEAR blockchain, which I mean validators vertical. I have known him since 2109 in the NEARverse he helped in validators onboarding by giving Bootcamp and required resources via his Openshards Guild and currently helping in Stakewar3 to onboard chunk-only validators by doing partnerships between Pagoda, Meta Pool, LiNEAR, and, Everstake.

So I’m expecting more background contributions from him for the NEARverse!

Don’t take this personal. Thanks :heart:

6 Likes

Hey @jiten123321 , Since you mentioned me I want to make it clear that I didn’t write anything against @blaze here. I know very well about NDC and the vision & the ‘context’. I only expressed my views with a reason there. Everyone is free to express their views in constructive way right? I don’t think there is something wrong if I wrote if Dacha is interested in making a proposal.

There’s nothing against Blaze or anyone so please refrain adding my name in such context.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Please find a list of my ecosystem contributions with budgets, outcomes and contributions:

In terms of the community. There have been many requests for self-governance in multiple forums posts, governance calls, and in many other forms. Now it is our job as “the community” to move forward together and define the necessary processes, policies, and procedures (Governance model), on-chain voting mechanisms, and treasury management.

Illia first put out the call to formalize this governance model and treasury over a year ago:

In addition to this Illia recently presented an updated version named NEAR Digital Collective at ETHCC: Illia Polosukhin : Designing DAOs for Ecosystem Governance - YouTube

Please review to the signers of the call for participation. These projects, guilds, and groups agreed this initiative was needed and signed the post.

One thing to remember is that the community is much broader than the governance forum. It also lives on Twitter, Discord, Telegram, On-chain, in working groups, individual projects. communities, guilds, and many other forms.

Please consider joining this revolutionary initiative and join us on Discord:

6 Likes

Sure, It is good to express anything because everything is open :peace_symbol: I was expressing my thoughts.

I also want to see all the suitable candidates in this election because it can also help them to remind everyone about their contribution to the Nearverse in the community and collectively.

2 Likes